NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Wonder Stick

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Wonder Stick
NYX Wonder Stick swatches

2.8

on 6/17/2018 10:30:00 PM

The Wonder Stick is inexpensive and doesn’t irritate my skin. Oh, and the caps make a satisfying click when closed. Those are the only virtues of this product, which is aptly named because within seconds of application you wonder where the hell it went. Both the contour and the highlight effectively contain as much pigment as a Chapstick. Save your $10 and apply it toward a product that works.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NYX wonder stick- Highlight and contour stick @nyxcosmetics @nyxcosmetics_in
(swipe for swatch)
This product claims to be an all purpose dual stick for concealing contouring and highlighting with a creamy finish making it easy to blend.
My views-:
-I bought this contour-highlight stick in shade WS02 medium/tan, great for beginners looking out for contouring.
-‎It has a creamy texture which helps to blend very easily without looking harsh.
-‎The package comes with a pictorial on how to use it in just 2-3 easy steps.(Helpful if you are new to contouring).
-‎It's travel friendly and easy to carry( 2-in-1 stick)
-‎It gives more of a natural finish( which i personally love).
-‎If you are looking for a darker and deeper contour you would need to use more of the product and set with some darker shade or powder( A little con)
Price- Rs 835 ( easy contour without spending a lot👌)
Available- All NYX stores or get it online
Would i recommend? A definite Yes
Would i repurchase? I might but there are many 2-in-1 contour highlight duo sticks out there that i would like to try on too. ( I am all in for trying new products 😛)

on 3/6/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed :( it goes on nicely at first but once you try to blend, it just disappears! I tried applying it different ways and tried using more product but still happens. Maybe it is not thick enough of a formula?

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This product comes off ridiculously greasy. The contour stick side isn't as greasy and blends reasonably good but the highlight literally doesn't just give you a glow, it makes you look like you've sweated for a decade. Along with being greasy, its also very sticky, so applying powder over that highlight will come out very cakey. I would buy the contour side if it came on its own though.

I bought this product in light to try contouring. Previously I had only used powder products to contour and didn’t have great results. I really enjoy this product, it blends out so well with a dense buffing brush. It is the only thing that I can easily use to contour my nose. Other contouring products can look ruddy or dirty on pale skin, but I don’t find that with this product. I use it on special occasions when I want to spend a little extra time on my makeup, and find I get a lot of complements when I use this to contour. Overall I think this product delivers!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love the contour side! I use the universal shade and the colour is perfect for me (not too orange or muddy). The highlighting side, however, is trash. I don’t use it at all which may seem like a waste of money and product but I just love the contouring side that much. I will repurchase this when the contour side runs out.

I picked this up in place of my clinqiue chubby stick and it is just an OK product, the contour is nice, it blends easy and applies nicely but the highlight is very thick, hard to blend and very very light! if the contour came on its own I probably would repurchase for the price but the highlight is not worth it at all! The good thing about this is there is a wide colour range!

I really like the idea of this product and really wanted it to work for me. I bought the universal stick as my shade was out of stock.

This product was horrible on my skin. I put a base layer of foundation on as normal at first and then applied both the highlight and contour. This was the worst idea as all it did was leave big lines on my makeup from where I had swiped in on my skin.

Then I tried it again by applying it with my foundation, blending it in like doing a full face contour. This did not work either, it still left big white lines on my face from where I had swiped the product on my face.

So disappointed that this product did not work for me :(

on 6/22/2017 5:09:00 AM

I purchased the universal one. The other product available was in medium, of which the highlight seemed a bit too pink for my light east-asian skin. (The pink didn't look weird, it may suit someone with a cooler skin tone.) I love the packaging because honestly, I hate the way my Anastasia cream palettes get mucky from all that tapping and dabbing. A stick is way less messy, and so far this product's texture is great, easy to blend with fingers and melts seamlessly without much effort. I didn't need five different shades of depth - I just wanted something to make my face less flat quickly. If I wanted something super sculpting then I'll use my Anastasia, but it's really not practical for travel, or everyday for that matter. The highlight is basically just transparent shimmer and I just wipe it lightly straight down my nose or above my cheekbones sparingly. Very good, I might buy the light one or even the darker shades since the stick is so practical. But, I discovered that wearing very dark contour in a rush can make you look dirty/sickly. So a medium shade is actually perfect for a natural contour look. It prevents my face from looking pale/flat white all over after applying sunscreen.

contour shades a little too warm for my skin, and the light shade just isn't a nice hilight in my opinion. It's a decent product, but not my favourite. Not really long wearing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials