Carmex Lip Balm

CarmexLip BalmEnter TitleLip Balm

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%, Phenol 0.4% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: beeswax, cetyl esters, flavor, fragrance, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, salicylic acid and cocoa seed butter

This is amazing!!!!!!!!! I'm hooked. I don't know if my lips are addicted to lipbalms (it's purely psychological bs!), this is my fave lip balm. I can count on it. It's reliable. It's an old friend esp when I have fever blisters. The stick is rather unpleasant w the SPF as it tastes bitter but this just is distinctive flavored i can't describe it. It's kind of spicy & minty, totally proprietary & unique. It heals lips. It heals when u got a cold & ur nose gets red & sore I put it on there. I use it as a cuticle cream somexs. It's a dollar! Enough w me, try it, or try it again! :-)

on 8/28/2015 5:28:00 AM

When I first apply it, the Carmex makes my lips tingle for 5-10 minutes and then coming the cooling effect whichimmediately comfort my chapped lip skin. The fact is that it is incredible moisturizing and it won’t hurt your pocket either. However, when used under lipsticks, it dramatically reduces the staying power of lipsticks. So let it become the only “hero” on your lips. Here is the review and recommend about some others lip balm tube! http://www.peaklips.com/lip-balm-tubes-review/ Just go and find your love one!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know many people are very skeptical and apprehensive when it comes to reviews. You don't know if it will always be reliable! But trust me, this review will be an honest review of my experience with this lip balm. I have suffered from dry lips and skin in general for a very long time. I don't know what causes it, and I haven't bothered going to a dermatologist. I have tried almost every lip balm I could get my hands on: Burt's Bees, Chapstick, EOS, Aquaphor, etc. All of these brands felt amazing while the product was on my lips. But as time went on and the product started wiping away, I was left with even drier lips. Then I found Carmex (in the tub, I personally find it more effective than the one with the tip applicator) and this has been my holy grail. It has saved my lips through humid, dry environments, and every season in the year. It has a nice cool, tingly feeling. I love the way it feels on my lips and I always put it on before bed. It's so nice, because it's a product I don't have to apply every hour. More like every 4 hours? It's not sticky, and it has just the perfect consistency. A tub lasts me a long time, and it's cheap!

A GREAT TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!: I love wearing lip products with color whether it be a lip stain or lipstick. But i find a lot of them to be very drying when I wear them alone. So what I do, is I mix a generous amount of carmex and the lip color together and depending on how much carmex you use, the lip color is very pigmented! Now I can have colorful, soft lips. This is just my experience with carmex. It might not work as well for others, but it is worth the try. You never know until you try!

Over the years I've tried hundreds of lip balms and only ever been disappointed that they're too greasy, oily or just don't get absorbed to the extent that I feel they're dealing with chaps and cracks. I've been using this since high school, only burt's bees compares. It's cheap, it works and I love the taste. I even like the retro packaging.

Camphor and Menthol are not good for chapped areas.

Which are Carmex main ingredients.

Carmex does not moisturize my lips, but when i have cold it makes my lips feel cold and soothed.

But if you're a plain gloss girl than you should buy this or stick with vaseline.

Just like listening to the Spice Girls, good old Carmex brings me back to my childhood. A classic standby, Carmex offers a refreshing menthol feeling and glossy finish - not to mention a price tag that's hard to beat. The consistency of the yellow gel is rather delightful - slippery enough to glide easily on the lips, but sticky enough to adhere for decent lasting power. I enjoy the signature scent, but keep in mind that it may not appeal to everyone. On the downside, Carmex doesn't provide enough moisture for my very dry lips. While the balm feels soothing when initially applied, it returns my lips back to their desert-like state as it wears off.

The Bottom Line: A decent buy for the cheap price, but not moisturizing enough for chronically chapped lips

Read more product reviews at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com/

on 5/31/2011 3:45:00 PM

My HG of lip balms (besides Blistex). This is the only thing that works for my dry cracked lips. It heals them immediately. It's cheap, effective and smells minty and a little medicinal, as if wants to say that it will do the job well. And it does! I remember vividly when years ago I bought it abroad, when our country didn't sock it. I was shocked at how good it was. I can't even remember what I used before it.

I really like this lip product. I have dry chapped lips all the time, summer or winter, its just my skin that's dry all over. It relieves, calms and soothes dry itch lips. The feeling of it on the lips is very similar to blistex daily conditioning balm, but I like this better because my lips stay moisturized without having to reapply. It really the lips moisturized throughout the night better then Vaseline. I have noticed less chapping on my lips after a week of use. It doesn't have spf so during the day its best to use an spf lip product then this on top. But on the other hand, I like the fact it doesn't have spf since you don't need it at night or when your not outside. Another downside is on the packaging it says not to apply this product more than 4 times a day. No idea why, and would like to know and hope there isn't a major alarming reason. I do stick to what it says and alternate with a another lip balm. I love the squeeze tube packaging, I feel it is more sanitary than the jar one. However, I have seen this product so many times but hesitant to buy it because the colours are hideous! The colour combo reminds me of a bottle of toxic chemical spray or something. Overall, it's a great lip product for dry lips and at very cheap price.

on 1/27/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

All time favorite and always works!! Love Cherry smell. The one in the jar is more moist though. I wear the one in the jar overnight. Great for people who get cold sores like me.

on 5/21/2009 7:24:00 PM

Carmex is the worst thing in the world for my lips. It smells & tastes horrible. It certainly doesn't help already chapped lips nor does it do anything to prevent lips from drying out. In fact, I believe this causes more harm than any possible good it could do by sealing moisture in.

Popular Lip Treatments