78%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Really love this product! Think the scent is amazing and Carmex is definitely one of my fav brands! However prefer the stick or tube as they are more hygienic

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

This is my favorite lip balm. I apply it every night before bed and it keeps my lips feeling nice and moisturized. Most importantly, it doesn't cause breakouts or clogged pores around my mouth like a lot of other lip balms I've used. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the scent and minty feeling but I'm willing to overlook these things if a product works. It's also super cheap which is a plus.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I bought, tried, and ultimately won't repurchase again: Jack Black's Intense Therapy Lip Balm Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm Smith's Rose Salve ChapStix (mint, original, strawberry) Nivea Lip Care Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care Stick Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask Lucas Paw Paw Ointment eos Lip Balm As you can see... I'm picky (understatement). Lucky for me, I picked this beauty up out of curiosity at the dollar store, and LOVED IT!! For me, Carmex (in the TIN, NOT the tube) will be the the best in terms of consistency, moisture, and feel. I find that lip balms in tubes aren't moisturizing enough which is why I have better luck with balms in tins, but even so, they can be too slick for my taste. This is very moisturizing without being sticky or obnoxious, has the right amount of slip and shine, no discernible color, and one tin lasts me for YEARS. AND, it costs me TWO DOLLARS at most. As a product junkie I am always curious about what things people like to use, but I know THIS is my HG and I won't deviate from repurchasing it time and time again.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

2 years ago

Initial application is liquidy and thin but also goopey in a good way. It has a tingling feeling which i like. Itll sink in within minutes and makes my lips look healthy and just normal. It isnt sticky and does not stay slippery once it sets. I dont need to apply a million times like the other lip balms. It has a good smell and just overall what i look for in a lip product. I can wear this and let it set and put lip liner on and go on with my day. I dont need to worry about my lips feeling nasty or it flaking or having to reapply it again in 20 minutes. Burts bees is oily feeling and i get dry again so fast. Id always repurchase this til i die. Lol def try it out if you havent. To each is own so if youre like me and you like to leave your lipbalm in the car this ones the way to since the stick type melts. - Mac lip conditioner and Lucas Papaw ointment are 100 times better than this so i wont be repuchasing this.

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

My favourite beauty product ever!! I love the smell and texture of it and it stays on your lips and protects them from the coldest weather. It tingles a bit which is nice. I always have this in my bag and it's much better than vaseline as it's thicker, almost like wax.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I have this in the tube variant. Tube packaging is my favourite as opposed to pots which are unhygienic and sticks which tend to be drier. Product feels good and performs well upon first application - I love that tingling sensation. I'm not so much a fan of the shiny look, which is mainly caused by over-application; however, even though I've learned to control how much product I'm using, I still find that it's very easy for this lip balm to turn into a gloss, even if you use a small amount. This is what you get with tube balms, though, because of the nature of the packaging - it has to be squeezable, not completely solid, so the tube balm obviously has more give than the other variants because of this. If you apply well (i.e. sparingly), this product does sink in and leave your lips plumper and a little softer. That effect wears off quickly, though, and you're back where you started, and you're stuck in the cycle of reapplying every hour or so depending on your habits and activities (rubbing lips together a lot, talking a lot, eating/drinking etc etc will of course mean the balm wears off more quickly). I haven't noticed any positive long-term effects on my lips despite using this every night before bed (will try the Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 soon and see how it compares in this regard). I've resolved to using this in the mornings as a prep for my lipstick: I apply after cleansing and moisturising, do my makeup, and then blot off any excess Carmex before lip product application. My lips are smooth and supple and ready for my matte lipsticks. TL;DR: Works well, but not for what I initially purchased it for. Good for prepping lips for lipstick. I have a few spare tubes lying around, so I'll use them up. I'll probably purchase again - not out of necessity, but because it's so cheap and has a nice short-term effect. Still searching for a lip balm that has a positive effect in the long term and/or as an overnight treatment.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I use this product when i feel that my lips are very dry & cracking because i like the tingy feeling it gives me, lets me know that it's working. I ALWAYS have atleast one Carmex product on me at all times.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2 years ago

You know when you find your perfect lip balm and you stray because you want to play the field and think you might be better off 'seeing other lip balms' for a while. Well don't. This is the best thing that ever happened to my lips. I always go away and try something fruity but then come crying back to this. It's thick, and keeps your pout very plump and tingly. And is such a good base for my liquid lipsticks. Lasts a really long time too. I'm hooked. Never leave me Carmex.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2.0
from

2 years ago

Bought if for the great reviews, sadly it did nothing to my lips. One major fail is that I find it terribly non spreadable.....I have the tube version and have to smear again and again on my lips for the product to come out and to apply evenly. Once applied, it stays as a layer of wax on my lips, which dry out hour later. Will not repurchase again..... Blistex are way better. Carmex has also a slight medication scent to it, but it didn't bother me.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

A thousand times yes to Carmex. Not entirely fond of the medicated scent but also not entirely opposed to it. I love how hydrated my lips feel after using Carmex products. They don't disappoint me. They also don't leave a weird waxy feeling to my lips.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age25-29