L.A. Girl HD PRO Setting Powder

L.A. Girl HD PRO Setting Powder

2.7

Silica (100)

Translucent left a white cast that was very noticeable, returned to Ulta - it was that bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

You know the small packets in new shoes that prevents them from getting humid and full of fungus? It's called silica. And that's the ONLY ingredient in this piece of garbage. The texture is super fine and coarse like sand paper, the continuous use of this might be the death of your skin.
Whatever part of your body this touches, it leaves the skin feeling extra dry (no matter how oily the foundation is underneath) and it makes a patchy rough looking surface regardless of moisturizers or greasy skin I PROMISE YOU. If you take pictures with flash it all looks white, like you sniffed cocaine with your entire head.
Just awful AWFUL. I'll stick to my translucent trusted Coty Airspun, and this goes directly in the trash bin after just a day of use.
Don't buy this please.

on 2/27/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This really irritated my skin, although it did help to keep the shine down but 100% silica was to desiccating (a word?) For me.

The holes in the shaker top were way too big, but the pad helped to keep the powder down in the container.

on 4/23/2017 5:32:00 PM

The L.A. Girl PRO HD powder in banana yellow is the best setting powder I have ever tried. I literally don't even grab it as much as my Cover|FX because this stuff just is a ton more undetectable. Now, I will say that their translucent version is just OK, but better than most drugstore setting powders (but I have not yet tries the famous NYC one, but it is better than the NYX or Elf, for certain, and you get more product for your money than the Maybelline Master Fix). What is unique about this banana powder is that it is a cross between translucent and just a bit of yellow to where it never makes you look ashy, as many translucent powders --- even some high-ends --- can have that tendency.

This brand has a few welcomed surprises, and this is, IMHO, their best product to date.

Horrible product!! The texture is just so weird, its a really finely milled powder- almost too fine. IT GETS EVERYWHERE!! the flashback is just awful. Horrible horrible horrible, never purchasing this again!!

on 4/11/2017 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Apart from the ONLY ingredient it has being SILICA this powder sucks. If you want to look blindingly white especially in photos due to FLASHBACK go ahead.

Let me start with pros

- Finely mills powder
-Feel very soft and velvety on skin
- Does make foundation last longer
- Control oiliness
-A little goes a long way

Cons

- If you put too much powder, you face will look patchy and powdery
- This powder makes my oily skin to super dry and create dry patches on my skin
- Maybe it needs some setting spray which i don't try yet.
- I hate the puff, useless - i did throw it away

on 10/13/2016 10:51:00 AM

Absolutely awful. The packaging is terrible to work with and can cause a lot of fallout, the flashback is horrid and the texture just puts me off.

on 12/3/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST PRODUCT I USED IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE ! I WILL NEVER BUY THIS SHIT AGAIN . I LOOKED LIKE SOMEONES GRANDMA ON CRACK. IT WAS SO BAD THE FLASHBACK WAS HORRIBLE MADE ME LOOK LIKE SOME ASHY ELBOWS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

okay first off i love L.A Girl i official have all their products but anyways i got this a few days ago i, i have only worn it twice to be honest but i already noticed my face is really matte an thats because i look like fry chicken at the end of my make up yes the end i do face first then eyes by the time i finish eyes im oily af but this product is great for that really recommend container is a bit small but with the amount you need its great .. FLASHBACK is real tho hahaha but a quick swipe with my oval brush it blends to perfection 9/10