Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I currently own the dewy + smooth finish, but a few years ago I'd buy this version on and off in between using my other foundations. (my shade is Porcelain 110) I have quite oily skin + I'm acne prone with some visible pores along the side of my nose/cheek area, so with this being formulated specifically for oily peeps, I was drawn really quick. Although I would purchase this again, and did really enjoy it, I'm haunted with how I used to apply it.. thinking back, it probably really affected the final look and wear of the product. At the time, I strongly stood by the concept that "more is more" and so that entailed me piling on this foundation, "blending" with my fingers, and despite it clearly being a matte finish that set well, I still felt the need to smack on heaps of pressed powder with the sponge applicator that would come with the compact...bad times.. doing so would leave a rather 'perfect' finish, until about 4 hours later when the product would crinkle up and emphasise any pore, line, flake that was on my skin. (I also wasn't very into skincare or moisturizing my face in general, so... go figure). Not the formulas fault, just be wise when it comes to applying your makeup lol, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Since that is my last experience of using this, I would definitely like to repurchase in the future and see how it looks and feels with proper technique, haha...

on 7/1/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best drugstore foundation ever. It beats my L'oreal Infallible pro-matte and also my Bodyshop Fresh Nude. Meanwhile, if I nab it on sale, it ends up costing me roughly 6$ CAD! I wear it in Sun Beige and it matches me perfectly; it blends great with my Tarte foundation brush but I think I prefer my beauty blender for giving me a flawless, even complexion. If I use my beauty blender, I can even skip out on a primer. My only complaint: I wish it came in a pump so it wouldn't be so darn messy. UPDATE: I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. For the dirt-cheap price, it's excellent makeup and its efficiency surpasses that of much more expensive products. However it's not without flaws and I'll break it down with pros and cons to better explain my thoughts. PROS: Matte medium coverage, blends particularly well with a beauty blender for a natural look or a brush for more coverage (it does an amazing job at covering some of my undereye circles and I have worn this without concealer), inexpensive, great shade range (Sun Beige is my go-to), not overly scented  CONS: After 4-5 hours, this completely breaks apart on my T-Zone which is quite oily, so much so that you'd think I didn't even apply any makeup at all. It also fades a bit from my undereyes but not as much since the skin in that area is normal. This happens regardless of whether I set or even bake. The other con is the bottle. The no-pump situation makes for pouring out too much product which leads to messes on my vanity. Conclusion: Great foundation for the price but may be better-suited towards normal to drier skin. Someone with very dry skin could easily add a drop of oil to the mix and achieve a great look. I know Matte + Poreless is geared towards Normal to Oily but my treacherous t-zone is just too strong for it!

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it. I also decided not to separately buy their dewy version and instead add 1 drop of argan oil when it turns winter.

on 6/6/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looooooooooove this foundation, since a reside in a super hot climate and have combination skin that turns oily in the summer I can only use this foundation during spring, fall and winter. I am 355 coconut in spring. Cappuccino in fall and winter I use 355 powder underneath both foundations. A great friend had recommended this to me

on 5/21/2018 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is great if I could find my match and not have to mix. But when it comes down to the job of oiliness, it helps a lot.
It stays matte for the remainder of the day.
NO PUMP!

on 5/19/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:1. Matte finish and lightweight. 2. Makes my pores look smaller. 3. Coverage is medium and can be build up.
Cons: 1. Oxidized like crazy. My face literally turned to orange color after an hour. 2. You definitely looks like wearing foundation. Not natural looking. Shade 120 is too dark for my nc20 skin coz it oxidized.
Overall, not a bad product but there are many better drugstore foundations ex: covergirl ready set gorgeous is my all time fav for $6.

on 5/12/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very oily skin and somewhat large pores, I use Maybelline fit me daily and although it does reduces pore appearance it isn’t really matte, by 3 hours i’m starting to get oily and it sometimes cling to dry patches. It does gives you a natural appearance though which is why i would still buy this again.

on 5/9/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A reliably easy-to-use matte foundation that blends beautifully and gives a smooth satin-like finish. I would consider this the drugstore dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Did not highlight my dry patches like other cheap drugstore brand foundations and my shade was easy to find due to the extensive shade range. Wore through the day without oxidising or turning into an oil slick. It wasn't a super long wearing one but it was decent for what it is. I appreciate how much I can still rely on this foundation for days even when my skin feels bad, dry or acne-prone. I only wish it came in a pump.

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.

on 4/18/2018 1:16:00 PM

Saw some good reviews and the price was right so thought I'd check it out. Tended to oxidize, slight orange tinge. Not particularly poreless and I was oily by noon. Will stick with my Revlon Colorstay.