Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 11/19/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this product does not come in my shade. I’m from Southeast Asia with light yellow undertone skin and I’ve tried about 5 different shades. The closest shade I found was classic ivory, but it was still too cool for my skin color. This was very disappointing because the product itself wasn’t that bad. It blends well, but it does get oily after a while. I tried this product out because of all the hype and it was pretty decent. However, I’m not a huge fan of the bottle because when I threw it out I felt there were still some product left inside. I would definitely buy this product again if it has my shade!

I am a late bloomer when it comes to this foundation. I have purposely ignored it for so long because in a way I am a foundation snob and I have quite a bit in my collection. However, I am impressed with the way this foundation held up on my oily combination skin.

A bit of background, I suffer from old acne scars (pit scars, box scars etch) and I try my best to minimize their appearance by using primers. In this case, I used a combo of Hourglass Mineral Veil and L'Oreal Magic Base (dupe for timeless primer from Tarte) on the center of my face.

Application: The blendability of this foundation is amazing. It blended right away with my beauty sponge.

Shade: I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory. For reference, I am MAC NC 25 (Light Medium with Golden/Olive Undertones).

Coverage: Light to Medium Coverage. If you have any active acne or intense redness on your skin, you will need a concealer.

Longevity: I am using this during the winter time so the weather will help to sustain the longevity of it.

Price: So darn cheap!

Packaging: No pump ugh!

Overall, a decent foundation and could rival my HG Revlon Colorstay. If you are looking for a decent, affordable foundation this is a must try.

I hope this helps!

on 11/11/2017 12:03:00 AM

I think this product is overhyped. The shade I got was a good color match and didn’t oxidize much. The coverage is decent, but it starts fading after a few hours and didn’t keep my skin matte for long, and I became oily. It also broke me out after 2 uses :(

on 11/9/2017 11:17:00 AM

matte finish, emphasizes my scars which makes me want to wash it off right after applying it, broke me out on the same day

on 11/8/2017 12:14:00 PM

Snagged one of these when it went on sale — I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for its price and I will definitely buy this again even if it's not on sale. I never thought my first review would be on a Maybelline product, but the value-for-money in this foundation really blew me away! This may very well be my new favourite drugstore foundation.

Coverage is light to medium only, so don't expect a lot. It feels light even though I put primer underneath it. It did not make me too oily considering that I have combination skin & I'm in a humid, tropical country.

The only complaint I have would be the packaging. I really wish it came with a pump, but it didn't.

Regardless, I would definitely buy this again!

on 11/8/2017 5:07:00 AM

I have mixed-oily skin. It looks great on my skin for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, and then it starts dissapeiring. Oxide on my skin, deffinitly not buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so sad this didn't work out for me. The coverage was so nice and the finish was nice though my skin is quite dry since starting retin-a.
But it left me with 3 new breakouts on my forehead and near my mouth where I never get pimples. I hadn't used anything else new so it's definitely this product.
I wouldn't recommend this if you're acne-prone.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Last night, I bought this in shade 370 which matched my skin perfectly and went on beautifully. I was like WOW! All this time I could've been saving money by using Maybelline instead of high-end brands. So I go on about my morning. Finish getting dressed. Put my shoes on etc etc. I go to look in the mirror to take the bobby pins out my hair, and my face is that horrid gray/greenish color. This happened with 15 minutes of application. I had to tweak it with some other brand of foundationto feel comfortable leaving the house. I will try it one more time but if the same happens, I'm done with it. Also, I did not put any powder on top that could've affected the foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is what I call a classic backup foundation. A foundation that will do the job when you misplace and/or left your regular foundation at home when traveling. Almost every drugstore has this and the shade range must be commended in a world of too many light and medium shades. It does mattify but I find it has a tendency to melt in more humid conditions. A good old B minus.

on 10/21/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use number 340 and mocha. I am a African American Woman in my late 30's. I have combination skin. Love the Coverage of this product.