Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.1

on 8/11/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. It's a natural satin-matte finish and has medium to full coverage. I always pick it up when I see it on sale. My oily skin still shines through during the day with this, but nothing a little powder can't fix. For the price,you can't beat it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

When I swatched this it matched my skin tone perfectly. I was thrilled because I live in a small town and there aren't many foundation options for very pale people. However it oxidises and becomes slightly darker after a while which isn't great. Buying this a shade lighter than you need is a good idea but I can't as I was using the lightest shade available.

I really like the matte finish, which goes on fairly well and didn't make me break out. I didn't find that it dried out my skin either. It layers up nicely to cover my acne, which I like a lot! In Germany this comes in a plastic tube rather than a glass bottle but it really needs a pump. It can be quite easy to squeeze too much out at a time.

It's disappointing that it oxidises like it does otherwise this would be a great foundation. I'm going back to Dream Satin Liquid.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I currently own the dewy + smooth finish, but a few years ago I'd buy this version on and off in between using my other foundations. (my shade is Porcelain 110) I have quite oily skin + I'm acne prone with some visible pores along the side of my nose/cheek area, so with this being formulated specifically for oily peeps, I was drawn really quick. Although I would purchase this again, and did really enjoy it, I'm haunted with how I used to apply it.. thinking back, it probably really affected the final look and wear of the product. At the time, I strongly stood by the concept that "more is more" and so that entailed me piling on this foundation, "blending" with my fingers, and despite it clearly being a matte finish that set well, I still felt the need to smack on heaps of pressed powder with the sponge applicator that would come with the compact...bad times.. doing so would leave a rather 'perfect' finish, until about 4 hours later when the product would crinkle up and emphasise any pore, line, flake that was on my skin. (I also wasn't very into skincare or moisturizing my face in general, so... go figure). Not the formulas fault, just be wise when it comes to applying your makeup lol, you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Since that is my last experience of using this, I would definitely like to repurchase in the future and see how it looks and feels with proper technique, haha...

on 6/23/2018 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this foundation is a bit under-rated here on Makeup Alley! This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried (at least so far). I actually bought a bottle a year or so ago, but it was the wrong color so I never wore it and it lay forgotten in my makeup cabinet. For reference, I have very high-maintenance, sensitive, acne-prone skin. During the cold months my skin is oily/combo/dehydrated and tends to get dry patches. I'd been using MAC Studio Waterweight foundation over the winter. It's a light/medium coverage, serum foundation that has a beautiful finish, however it doesn't control oil and has a slightly dewey finish. During the warmer months, my skin is more oily than combo so I needed something a bit more mattifying - but not so matte that it gets cakey and highlights any flaky spots.

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend for a foundation recommendation for the summer. She suggested a few higher end brands, but said Maybelline's Fit Me Matte & Poreless was a good inexpensive option. I went back to the drugstore to find the right color. For reference, I have fair-light, neutral-cool toned skin: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder DW Ecru, Revlon Colorstay Buff, MUFE 115 Ivory. I found a near perfect match with Matte & Poreless 110 Porcelain. It's a very neutral shade, not too pink or yellow - an issue I've had with some of Maybelline's other foundations. Another plus is that it does not oxidize at all, at least not in my experience.

I've been using Real Techniques blender sponge (dry) for application, which works well. The coverage is buildable, one coat provides light coverage, two for medium. I usually go over my whole face with one coat, and then blend some extra on places I need more coverage (nose and chin). It dries to a nice, even finish that I would describe as "natural matte" and does not look cakey in the least. I've had some issues with mattifying products highlighting dry patches and causing the makeup to look cakey, but this isn't a problem with this makeup. For comparison, I found Revlon Colorstay to be cakier. Matte & Poreless does a pretty good job of covering pores, but I would definitely suggest wearing a primer underneath. I then use a very light dusting of setting and/or finishing powder (I use Kat Von D's setting powder; it's amazing) over this to further mattify the oily parts of my face, especially my t-zone and prolong the wear. Depending on heat/humidity, with this makeup I blot a couple times a day, so it does a pretty good job controlling oil.

As for the downsides: Wear time for me is about 6-8 hours, probably longer in the winter or if you have normal to dry skin, but in a very hot/humid climate with oily skin you will need to touch up after about 6. I don't mind this as I would rather re-apply than deal with the cakiness that comes with the super long lasting foundations (even EL DW can be a bit too cakey for me). The other downside is the bottle. I like the glass packaging, but why doesn't it have a pump?! It can be difficult to get the right amount out and I feel like I am wasting product. It gets messy and I have to wipe the bottle down afterwards.

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone with combo to oily skin looking for a good foundation with oil control, a natural-matte finish and decent wear time.

on 5/4/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my ID/passport photo foundation, as it is cheap and 228 Soft Tan matches my undertones. It is a bit *light*, but still tolerable with some "warmth" added on top.

This foundation is not too thick, not thin, and imparts a build-able, medium coverage. I find that I don't need to set this foundation, but it doesn't get too powdery on my dehydrated skin.

The best part: this foundation does *not* oxidize on my skin--it stays olive all day. I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40, and finding a foundation that nails my olive skin is a feat.

on 4/26/2018 2:58:00 PM

Bought this after I had heard really good things about this product but after only a couple of hours wear my skin was super oily and half my foundation had slid off. Does not last at all and oxidizes to an orange tone. really thin coverage when applying too and found difficult to build

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am oily, lighter olive, very break-out prone, with some hyperpigmentation. I can’t find a perfect shade unfortunately. I’ve tried 4 colors and the color is either too warm, too cool, or too pink.

This doesn’t cover my hyperpigmentation completely BUT I can do a full face of this stuff with my blender two times and it doesn’t look cakey and will cover everything. This is not full coverage at all it’s definitely medium coverage. It also claims to be matte but I would call it semi-matte. This formula doesn’t oxidize at all from my experience.

It stays put all day BUT I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray soo I really don’t know what it’s actual staying power is like. This doesn’t break up around oily areas which is awesome and it stays looking relatively good by the end of a 12 hour day. I HAVE experienced patchiness by the end of the day however.

Overall I think this is a good buy even just for a backup foundation. For the price it’s pretty awesome and there are very few things I would change if I had the chance.

This is my 2nd bottle. My first fit me foundation was in the shade of 125. I loved it very much. I can layer it on without the looking or feeling cakey. Even with one layer, my skin looks amazingly flawless as this foundation has a very decent coverage. It also helps to blur out my pores without primer. Despite the strong coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. I have a moderately oily skin that progress to becomes more oily as to the evening. However, with this foundation, I don't have to set my makeup with any setting powder because it dries down very quickly with no transfer at all. It also doesn't make my skin feel greasy at all. On the area around jawlines where my skin is typically relatively drier than the rest of my skin, there's no feeling of cracking that I can feel with some other mattifying foundation. This foundation is just the best. The shades that it comes with is also very convenient. During my second purchase, I got 120 because 125 was sold out. However, the color still matches with my skin very perfectly. It doesn't look yellow on me at all. It's safe to say that I actually preferred the 120 than 125 although I think that 125 already looked good on me. In my country, this foundation cost around USD $16 to USD $17 after converting from MYR. However, I got it for only USD $10 each during a promotion. Needless to say, this foundation is too cheap for the quality it gives out. Compared to Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation which is also a highly hyped drugstore foundation, I prefer Maybelline Fit Me much much more. Sincerely, I don't understand why would people rate this lower. 😅 It's honestly the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. That's it. You should try this foundation if you have an oily skin like me :) you will love this foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know if I like this or not. This foundation says "fit me" but it doesn't fit my skin that well. Many others agree with me that it's a bit too orange. And it smudges easily on my white winter coat. But other than that it's pretty good. All I do is dip my extra concealer brush in it once, apply it all over my face, buff it in with a buffing brush and I'm good for the day. The only reason I would rebuy is because of the price which is $6 at walmart in Canada. I always stock up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Before I starts wear this foundation, I was so infatuated with korean bb cream. One day, I needed higher coverage and I heard many positive things about this product.

Medium to high coverage, also very long lasting. But the downside are it oxidized really fast and makes me break out. I also have slight itchiness if I wear this foundation for a long time. Don't forget to mention the packaging really sucks. No pump and I need to pour it to my backhand. I often accidentally poured too much product.

I will repurchase this if only Maybelline make this with pump and maybe reformulate?