Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.1

on 10/8/2017 5:05:00 AM

I really liked this foundation at first, but recently my skin has been breaking out a lot, and this foundation doesn't cover it probably at all. It's starting to look quite patchy on my skin after a couple of hours, and it has a tendency to cling to dry spots. I have combination skin with dry spots and texture, so everyone won't experience this issue, I'm thinking that if you have normal to oily skin, it will probably look more smooth on you.
When I put this foundation on, it looks a bit too light and yellow-ish on me, (I have it in the shade 115 ivory) but then it oxidizes and turns a bit darker and reddish.
I apply this with a damp sponge and usually set it with the Rimmel stay matte powder. Not my favourite powder at all, but a girl is on a budget, ya know.
But overall it's a an ok product for the price, and I can make it work with the proper moisturizer and primer first.
I wish it had a pump.

on 9/9/2017 4:34:00 PM

All I have to say is this: I was finally rid of my cystic acne (after years of fighting it) and this foundation brought it all back.

Love this! Went over my skin beautifully, stayed on for a good long time. I did have to touch up with some blotting sheets after 4-5 hours, and it doesn't go over well on a few dry patches, but still pretty fantastic! I wish it came in paler shades since I'm super pale. I have to mix it with a paler concealer to get the right shade. Other than that, awesome!

I've used this foundation for the last two years and I'll no longer be using it. When I first bought it I thought it'd be a really good foundation for a great price but after buying it in different finishes and colors it's left me disappointed. The color really gets orangey and oily as the day goes on and it leaves my skin feeling slimy no matter what products I use under and on top of it. If you're looking for a light coverage this is the foundation for you! But if you have acne prone skin and it's oily I wouldn't recommend. Overall I'm not going to be buying it again but it's great for lightwear. When applied with a foundation brush it gets streaky, when applied with a silicone sponge it is also streaky and unever, but when applied with a regular makeup sponge or beauty blender it leaves the nicest finish out of all the other options. If the product was more buildable and didn't oxide as bad I would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried the Fit Me line in my younger days, and forgot about it because of the oily skin I developed, until I read a blog post on it awhile back. They listed it as one of the best foundations for oily skin with natural coverage. I gave it a shot a purchased shade 122 Creamy Beige. For $7, it wasn't bad. The bottle without a pump is such a pain in the ass and the manufacturer knows everyone hates it. Why continue doing it? The application was wonderful, covering much more than I expected but looking natural at the same time. I didn't apply powder, a no no for ladies with less than smooth skin. No fragrance, no redness or irritation. I have experienced breakouts from this foundation, every time I wear it. The matte stays about three hours or so, and then it takes on a dewy look all over, not just in your problem areas. Poreless isn't even close to correct. It doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles, but it doesn't camouflage them either. It goes on looking like foundation and wears into BB cream. I've only seen it oxidize on my face twice, but it has. I'm sorry but Fit Me hasn't changed much since it's launch and I will be heading back to the department store to look for my HG foundation once more.

on 7/24/2017 4:07:00 PM

this didn't stay matte on me, and frankly - wore off quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For a drugstore brand and price it's a must for oily skin gals. Try it, because it
won't break your bank account

I'm on my third one of these. I started using it totally randomly when it was on sale (already really cheap) and didn't want to like it since I'm not into drugstore makeup but it is a great foundation. My skin is hard to work with - very oily in the summer but dry in certain areas in the winter because of my acne creams. This foundation works well at both times. The match is great and blends in really well. In the winter, I use this with MUFE setting powder on top. In the summer, I do a bit more - Mac Prime and Prime primer, fit me applied with a wet beauty blender, MAC Mineralize skin finish natural and then Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder. I still have to touch up a few times a day but it does't oxidize or look cakey after a few hours.

on 6/30/2017 3:41:00 PM

The Maybelline fit me line is so hit and miss lol, I love the concealer and this foundation is pretty good. It usually goes on sale a lot at Shoppers Drug mart so I usually pick it up then. Its not a ride or die item for me but I like that they have a colour that works well for my pale skin and the coverage is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is, it accentuates my texture in and my pores. (which its supposed to be poreless). So if you have texture I would be careful of that. But other than that I like it and I use it a lot mixed in with other foundations. it doesn't have a pump so its a little messy! Oily skin girls would probably like this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This was a product that I tried after buying and decided it was no good for since the coverage is very light.

A couple of weeks ago I tried again. Using the buffing brush this foundation looked beautiful. I used a heavier foundation on my trouble spots and felt flawless. Thats before the rashy/spottiness started later da a few days later..... My face became rough and bumpy.

Now that I have seen the ingredients it makes sense. Alcohol is in the top ingredients and that aggravates my skin. This is a shame because I do think the finish and lightweight texture is quite appealing and natural for summer but I'm not going to put it on my skin ever again.