Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 5/25/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Nice medium coverage. Truly matte I stay matte all day. I hate that it does not have a pump I ready do.

It matches my skin tone fairly well, but it clings to all my dry patches in my t-zone. I do love the brand because it's so affordable. I'm going to try to find one better suited for dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation goes on nicely and sits on my skin okay. However as the day goes on, my skin gets oily in my t-zone. I bought it because I was out of town unexpectedly and found it at a Dollar General. I won't buy it again. I do not like the coverage. My large birthmark on my forehead was showing through in a couple of hours. It is matte for an hour or so, then not so much.

However, I do LOVE the Fit Me concealer!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty shade selection for the most part (compared to all other drugstore lines, this one has the most realistic shade options, some olive tones, yellow shades that aren't orange, neutral-pink shades, muted shades, much better than True Match). Not the most oil-controlling or matte foundation, but it feels really high end and is pretty medium-high coverage. Unfortunately, it has way too much alcohol. Caused breakouts for me because of this. If your skin is good with alcohol though I highly recommend this foundation. If you're NC35-37 depth, the 220 blends to a pretty neutral-olive shade and 228 is a warm yellow-olive for this depth, both of which are rare occurrences in the drugstore foundation game.

on 5/13/2017 12:01:00 AM

I definitely think this is a foundation that can't do anyone wrong unless you need more hydration. I think for my combination oily skin type it does very well with control and the finish is very flattering, not flat matte but healthy matte. I trust this now ever since my prom night.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is very mediocre. It looks great for about the first 3 hours on my oily skin, but then once the oils break through it's a mess. It's the kind of foundation that will both cake up and slide all over your face once your oils are through, and the kind of foundation where you can *feel* it sitting on your face after a few hours.

It's ok. Like i said it looks great for a little while, but no amount of powder or setting spray would make it last more than about 3 hours. If your skin is only slightly oily, I think this would be fantastic for you. I think my oils were just too much for this little guy.

The one thing I really and truly hate about this foundation: THE LACK OF A PUMP. C'mon, Maybelline. If you looked at a makeup forum for 5 seconds you would know that is the number one complaint about any foundation. We want pumps.Or at least squeezy tubes. When I travel with this, opening it up is hell. The foundation gets all over the lid, and when you pour it out to put it on it is impossible to pour out a moderate amount. It drives me insane thinking about all of the germs that surely creep in as you pour back into this stupid bottle. Get it together, guys.

Overall though this gets a resounding "meh" from me.

on 5/7/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is not that good, at least on my combination/ acne-prone skin. It clung onto every fine line I didn't even knew existed. It also clung onto dry patches that- I ALSO didn't even knew existed. Made my skin look cakey no matter how little product I used. And on top of that, it didn't blur my pores at all. So I basically look like a hot mess everytime I use it. Though it definitely looks better if I mix it with 1 drop of serum. But still, this a no repurchase for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Since this product has been very adequately reviewed by so many, I'll just add:
Cons:
- Causes me actual spot-type zits; every time I've used this, after a two or three days of use, I get little red zits here and there. No!
- gets chalky by the end of the day
- I wasted so much of this with this useless glass bottle! Fine for me since I'm getting rid of it, but not so great for those who don't like to waste product!
Pros:
- where it isn't chalky, it's perfectly, gorgeously dewy by the end of the day
- comes in the perfect pale color that doesn't give me white face, but then I don't have a yellow or pink mask, either.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation does not work for my skin at all. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and this foundation did nothing but amplify my shine. It looked flaky and chalky and was uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

I love the foundation because it does what it says on the packaging and it’s such a light weight foundation!