Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation so much but not on its own.
Mixed with L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow foundation (201 Classic Ivory, which is super pink), this gives me the most beautiful satin skin I've ever seen on my face and gives me a very decent amount of coverage that borders on full coverage.
My skin seriously has the texture of a porcelain doll, that's how amazing Matte & Poreless looks when mixed with a dewy, moisturizing foundation. My skin is so smooth looking, airbrushed and looks absolutely just perfect even up close in a mirror. I was so shocked when I looked at my skin after all my makeup was done.
On its own, this stuff is so very drying but it's not aimed at dry skin. The 2 lightest shades, 110 Porcelain and 112 Natural Ivory are pretty fair skin friendly and are not too cool toned (meaning super pink) which is a good thing. I mix 110 Porecelain with L'Oreal Pro Glow in 201 Classic Ivory. Even I, a cool toned lady, hates the "calamine pink" shades some foundations have for us fair toned folks.
Now, the Dewy & Smooth version of this in 102 Fair Porcelain is a laughable shade for us very fair people. You'd think with a lower number and the 2 words 'fair' and 'porcelain' would indicate a shade pretty suitable for us super fair out there, but no, that shade is suited for light skin tones, not fair skin tones.
If you're dry and even have a case of the flakies, Matte & Poreless when mixed with a dewy foundation and applied with a damp beauty sponge won't emphasize any flakes at all, at least in my experience.

on 11/12/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS! For some reason I can’t find a match for the dewy one but this one matches my skin tone perfectly. It sets well and doesn’t make me breakout.

on 11/8/2018 7:18:00 PM

I think people with oily skin will appreciate this foundation more than those who have normal/dry skin. This foundation holds up pretty well, I only needed to blot once throughout the day. It didn't slide off my face and shade 120 was a good match on my skin. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it doesn't have a pump but otherwise, it's a pretty good drugstore foundation and I use this when I have events to go to just because I know it gives good coverage and my makeup stays in place with less blotting. I will definitely repurchase.

on 10/18/2018 11:24:00 PM

After the rave reviews at Insta and the whole planet basically I decided to try this out . There was a sale at the drug store and this was going on a huge discount. I felt this was a good deal. The sales person tried 220 and 230 on my back of my palm and matched to 230. I`m NC35-37 for ref. Gosh it was a disaster. Its too yellow golden on me! And then after researching the net, I went back to the store to check out 220 but still discovered its shows my pores and was too rosy. So I think I'm a 222 but didnt bother to buy another bottle.
I got too many negative feedback on 230 so I just use a tiny dot and dust some light powder because i sooooo wanted this to work. Further to my torment it oxidized and then I look darker. I look so yellow and sallow by the end of the day.
Hmmm... Then there`s an issue with the bottle. It didn't come with a pump dispenser. So I now i had to purchase a pump dispenser. So much for saving during a sale! I managed to find a pump dispenser and bottle at sephora and now thankfully i get the right amount. Even then it makes me look dark so I have to blend and add lighter powders. Having said that this actually looks like second skin because it didn't clog pores but removal was kinda hard. It leaves this oil- proof like film on your skin. You need some heavy duty makeup remover/cotton pads. Again more money to spend!! Urghhh..I give up. Not repurchasing!

Pros
The small bottle is ok and fits into makeup bags for travels.

Is it worth it?
Try on bare face. Choose lighter shade 'cos it does oxidized real bad
Do you want to splurge on the pump dispenser?

Maybelline, this certainly didn't "fit me"!!!

A lot of people love this foundation, but I found that it doesn't last long. Also wish it came with a pump.

I tried the 2 lighter shades - 110 and 102

Shades: this is my main qualm with Matte + Poreless. I tried 2 shades - 110 (standard pale shade that's slightly yellow) and 102 (a pale shade that's neutral). 110 used to be the lightest shade but Maybelline later added 102, 105 and several more. The problem is the numbers don't make sense in terms of coloring since they were added in later. 102 is just as light as 110 but less yellow. And 112 seems darker than 115 which is strange..... While I'm glad they added in more shades to suit more skin tones, the out of order coloring makes it confusing to find your match.

The formulas also seemed inconsistent. Even though 110 wasn't my shade the formula was ok. But 102 felt like a totally different foundation - it CAKED to no end. Please save your money, there are other drugstore shades that suit a variety of complexions and have a decent formula.

on 9/25/2018 7:57:00 AM

I have this foundation in #120 Classic Ivory and #125 Nude Beige. I would say that a blend of these two shades would suit my skin tone the best (I am around a NC20 / light medium with warm undertones). Honestly #125 matched my skin at first application, but it sort of oxidized after a few hours and got a bit darker (although tolerable) so keep that in mind.

This foundation has a medium buildable coverage and does not weigh heavy on your skin. It also has a demi-matte finish that feels slightly tacky to the touch. If you are a normal skin-type, I feel like you could get by with not powdering your face. It held up pretty well throughout the day and worked well with other products. Nothing really tugged weird and there were no blotchy spots to be found. My skin kept relatively matte but I have tried other foundations that worked better in controlling my oils. It did pretty well with smoothing out my skin and did not crack on my smile lines (which every foundation does) but I felt like it didnt really make a huge difference with my pores.

The packaging is a glass with a sturdy cap. I would prefer if it came with like a spatula (like the wet n wild photofocus foundation) because its much more convenient.

I would rate this a decent 3.8/5. Its a really nice foundation that holds up to its claims but nothing extraordinary that would make me repurchase. I feel like with a few tweaks here and there, this could be on-par with my WnW photofocus.

on 9/22/2018 7:17:00 PM

Okay, so it is extremely difficult to find my foundation shade especially in where I live because the foundation will be too light or too dark. Makeup products are also quite expensive. Even though I might get an okayish color, I might not like the way the product applies to my skin or the consistency. However, I love this foundation! I use the shade 122. The shade has a yellowish skin color base which is perfect for my yellow skin tone. Would buy it again!

Has a good shade range and I found a good shade match for me which is 220. It sure is matte for the first 2 hours since I live in a tropical country. Can't agree that it is poreless because without a primer I can see it ettling in my pores.

on 9/19/2018 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was my first foundation ever and I was really excited for it! I thought that the reasons why I didn't like this foundation was because it was my first one, but once I tried other ones... Well, then I knew.

This foundation is matte (duh), which is why I tried it in the first place (and it's cheap). Because I am combination skin and there are some oily parts on my face that need it, anyone would logically try this foundation. I think this is where the problem grows. Once I add moisturizer to the dryer parts of my face, it's like all my face is now all-normal. Having a matte foundation means it will be on the dryer side and I did my best to make my face all on the same level. I'm not a fan of having a shiny face, so I hoped that this would eliminate that aspect. The foundation IS matte, but poreless? This foundation pronounced every single imperfection on my face and made the acne I tried to hide, look worse. My pores often were pronounced. Spots where I moisturized had dry patches due to the matte finish (some parts looked normal, other had weird dry patches). You'd think, "Oh, what about her oily parts of her face?" I liked how it looked sometimes, other times it looked kind of cakey without putting a lot of product on. This foundation constantly felt like it was sitting on top of my face, making me feel so uncomfortable for a long time. I thought this was normal for foundations, until I tried other ones. And finally, it oxidizes. I have yellow under-tones but often, this foundation would steer into orange and it was obvious since I blend down to my neck. Because of the lack of pump, I'd use the back of my hand and it'd oxidizes there too!! There was sometimes a stark difference on my face. It'd be fine at home, but a mess when I was out. Speaking of blending, this product must be blended well because of the formula, it would look kinda ashy sometimes.

I will say that this product reacted well to other powder products, like blush. I do not think you would need powder for this, but I did not use powder to bake or set (since it was my first foundation and I was trying to figure stuff out). Especially with how this foundation finished for me, it's quite matte enough. This product does have a light scent, but it wasn't bad. Just normal foundation smell. It does not come with a pump, which is fine for me, and I would put some on the back of my hand. It was easy to put left-over product back in. The color wasn't the best either. For the price, I would definitely say "buy it" if you've been meaning to do so, and honestly, there is no way you will know how this will react on your skin unless you do. If you're adamant on it, do it. I was and I thought it'd work for me, it didn't.

I do not recommend this product.