Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

I really wanted to like this foundation as I heard so many great reviews of it, but unfortunately I was really disappointed. It just doesn't last it all, the coverage is terrible and it wears off within an hour or so. Awful.

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.

on 4/18/2018 1:16:00 PM

Saw some good reviews and the price was right so thought I'd check it out. Tended to oxidize, slight orange tinge. Not particularly poreless and I was oily by noon. Will stick with my Revlon Colorstay.

So for reference, I have acne prone skin, I am pale and I have combination skin.
I only recently began using this foundation, in the shade 110 Porcelain. I was using the dewy and smooth version but in the shade ivory I think, and the undertone was just far too pink. This matte and poreless one has a yellow undertone which is great. I do think it can be drying, so I always prep my skin well with moisturizer and serum and a good primer. It wears nicely and doesn't get anywhere CLOSE to as oily as the dewy and smooth one. I'm wearing the matte and poreless one on my face right this second and have been for 8 hours and it looks pretty darn good. Definitely give this foundation a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am oily, lighter olive, very break-out prone, with some hyperpigmentation. I can’t find a perfect shade unfortunately. I’ve tried 4 colors and the color is either too warm, too cool, or too pink.

This doesn’t cover my hyperpigmentation completely BUT I can do a full face of this stuff with my blender two times and it doesn’t look cakey and will cover everything. This is not full coverage at all it’s definitely medium coverage. It also claims to be matte but I would call it semi-matte. This formula doesn’t oxidize at all from my experience.

It stays put all day BUT I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray soo I really don’t know what it’s actual staying power is like. This doesn’t break up around oily areas which is awesome and it stays looking relatively good by the end of a 12 hour day. I HAVE experienced patchiness by the end of the day however.

Overall I think this is a good buy even just for a backup foundation. For the price it’s pretty awesome and there are very few things I would change if I had the chance.

Stay away from this foundation if you have breakout prone skin. I should have read the ingredients list before purchasing, but I was too excited to see that shade 110 might be a potential “dupe” for Nars SG Siberia (which also breaks me out, sigh).
This foundation indeed creates silky smooth canvas and shade range is impressive (for a drugstore brand), also pretty long wearing on my normal/combo skin.
But it “sits” on my skin in an uncomfortable way- feels almost like I just put on face mask. I prefer something more breathable. It makes a good “special occasion” foundation for events and such but I wouldn’t wear it every day. The finish is similar to Catrice’s HD foundation (which breaks me out like nothing else). Very flawless but heavy, even though I applied it with sponge. Coverage: medium to full.

Just as I mentioned, after few uses, it caused a major breakout (painful “cystic” pimples and closed comedones all over my face). So I’ve read the ingredients list and instantly knew why: it contains denaturated alcohol, very high on the list. My skin hates it- I know that now.

on 4/5/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I live in Trinidad and I recently bought my second bottle of Fit Me Poreless and it is very watery. Runs out of the bottle very fast. Very disappointed, I need help

on 4/1/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

7/10.

About:
I'm 24, with normal to dry skin that is not acne prone but I do have large pores. I wear this in the shade 112 Natural Ivory and my MAC shade is NW13. I use a beauty blender knockoff to apply foundation.

This foundation has a runny texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. It does not dry quickly. The finish is a soft matte. I don't find that it does anything good or bad for my pores, I don't think a foundation can really do much for pores. You need a good primer and skincare routine, and a bit of luck.

The shade match is perfect for me, which is my favourite thing about this product. It does have quite high coverage, but doesn't look cakey due to the 'wet' consistency. Maybelline is super easy to find in stores and inexpensive.

There are a couple of things I dislike about this foundation - I really don't like the packaging. A glass bottle with no pump makes no sense. Just add a pump please. This foundation is too runny and messy to be tipping out of the bottle. Another thing I don't love is that this foundation doesn't last all day. I powder my whole face but it still wears off in patches through the day, which is annoying.

I would repurchase this foundation, but I think it works best if you use less product and sacrifice some coverage. I've heard people suggest mixing this with the Dewy and Smooth, but I don't have a shade match in that range.

on 4/1/2018 7:27:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised at this foundation! I usually use prestige cosmetics, but decided to try this on a whim due to my skin getting some sun and didn’t feel like going to Sephora. I gave it a wear test without my usual Laura Mercier powder and my Tarte shape tape, and it did pretty good. Definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable. One trick though to make the coverage smoother. I used Tartes Maracuja oil as a primer beforehand, and the finish was lovely. Definitely choose the correct primer for your skin type, and I think you will be pleased with the results.

This is my 2nd bottle. My first fit me foundation was in the shade of 125. I loved it very much. I can layer it on without the looking or feeling cakey. Even with one layer, my skin looks amazingly flawless as this foundation has a very decent coverage. It also helps to blur out my pores without primer. Despite the strong coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. I have a moderately oily skin that progress to becomes more oily as to the evening. However, with this foundation, I don't have to set my makeup with any setting powder because it dries down very quickly with no transfer at all. It also doesn't make my skin feel greasy at all. On the area around jawlines where my skin is typically relatively drier than the rest of my skin, there's no feeling of cracking that I can feel with some other mattifying foundation. This foundation is just the best. The shades that it comes with is also very convenient. During my second purchase, I got 120 because 125 was sold out. However, the color still matches with my skin very perfectly. It doesn't look yellow on me at all. It's safe to say that I actually preferred the 120 than 125 although I think that 125 already looked good on me. In my country, this foundation cost around USD $16 to USD $17 after converting from MYR. However, I got it for only USD $10 each during a promotion. Needless to say, this foundation is too cheap for the quality it gives out. Compared to Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation which is also a highly hyped drugstore foundation, I prefer Maybelline Fit Me much much more. Sincerely, I don't understand why would people rate this lower. 😅 It's honestly the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. That's it. You should try this foundation if you have an oily skin like me :) you will love this foundation