Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For a drugstore foundation, this is actually a pretty good product. I have oily skin, and it last through most of the work day. It didn't keep me a full 8 hours shine-free, but it still looked decent. Also, I don't usually prime my face or set it if I'm just going to work or running errands, which is what I usually use this for. For a night out, I would recommend a higher end foundation.

Maybelline used to be the only foundation I would wear, and it was the first foundation I ever bought for myself. I'm not sure why, but now none of their foundation seems very good to me. Maybe the formulas have changed over the years.

Most recently, I decided to try the Fit me foundation from Maybelline. It is not terrible, and it covers pretty nicely, but it does not seem to last at all. I have to carry it with me in my purse and reapply it just a few hours later. It is just too liquid-y for me, and I really don't like the packaging.

on 3/20/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Somehow makes my face more oily.

on 3/18/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

***I'm from the UK, and I have only tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in the tube, not a glass bottle. Therefore, I don't know if the formulas differ***

I only have a few things to say about this:

1. The colour range is ridiculous. For reference I am a Mac NC15, with a very yellow undertone, and the lightest shade of the Fit Me I would say is NC25. No Exaggeration. AND it oxidises!! It just becomes more and more orange, and in only a short space of time.
2. Matte? No. Sticky from application to end of wear? Yes.
3. Poreless? No. Sinks in to pores an fine lines? Absolutely!

I hate this! Although, I do have to say, the coverage is good. And the price.

I would only recommend this to those that need/like full coverage, but don't have visible pores, and have normal skin. What they claim this product does, is exactly the opposite.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Overall, I love this foundation, it gives a full coverage look without looking cakey, it looks natural you could say.

I have quite large pores and it does an amazing job of blurring them as well as hiding redness on my cheeks.
For any help I'm in the UK so I get a squeezy tub of this not a bottle (sigh) and I'm the shade 110 with combo skin with an extremely oily T-zone.

Pros;
-mattifys instantly
-full coverage
-not cakey
-pale enough for me

Cons;
-oxidises a little
-gets oily after 4/5 hours (but looks like a glow and is easily treated with blotting/toilet paper)
-packaging

what let it down and made me give it a 4 star was the packaging mainly.

on 3/15/2017 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Where I buy and What Shade: I got mine from my local Ulta but this foundation seems pretty accessible anywhere Maybelline products are sold near me. I got this in the shade Ivory and it matches so seamlessly to my skintone.

Major Claim(s): It does stay pretty matte and my pores are far less noticeable.

Staying power: On my combo/oily skin this lasts pretty well. I do get some oiliness breaking through about 4.5 hours in but it actually just looks like a nice glow and isn't greasy. Easily removable with a blotting sheet. By the end of work day the foundation is still in tact even around my nose but still looks fresh and isn't cakey looking.

Application and Coverage: It's without a pump which is why the packaging scored lower for me but it could be worse. I've learned LIGHTLY lightly dusting loose powder after primer and before foundation JUST in my oily tzone works well for me. No matter what foundation. So I'll do that and this still keeps the foundation not cakey. The coverage is medium and matte but still natural looking. I repeat no cakiness. Which is really important for me since I need a matte finish and need a little more coverage due to redness and what not. This foundation is definitely buildable which I love especially on days where my skin is acting up and needs a little more coverage around my nose (where I tend to have redness). I top it off with whatever lightweight concealer I'm using at the moment(I'm still hunting for my drugstore ride or die) and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.

Overall: This really is a great foundation if your looking for something matte and not quite full coverage but still want to cover imperfections. Paired with some powder and light concealer... your golden.

For a drugstore foundation, I was super impressed with this product. Definitely can't beat the price, which is why I will continue to keep this as a staple product in my makeup routine. The shade selection isn't very wide, so I found that by purchasing two (shades 128 and 228) and mixing them together, it looks a lot more natural. If I don't want something full coverage, I will mix it with a little bit of facial moisturizer and make a tinted moisturizer out of it, which also works very well. Over all I enjoy this product, and will definitely purchase it again.

on 3/12/2017 3:20:00 AM

I first tried the Dewy Finish and it gave me a rash. The Fit Me Matte and the Covergirl Aquasmooth compact foundation are the only foundations I've used that don't give me a rash, cause irritation pimples, or feel so itchy by the end of the day that I'm dying to take it off. I don't love matte finishes, but for this alone I will give the product five stars.

The Fit Me Matte has light, matte coverage, comparable to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped. I have combo/ normal skin, but I think this product would be even better for someone with oily skin.

I'm NC25 and I use shade 128.

Other products that I've tried that didn't work:
Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth - Caused rash
Revlon Colorstay Whipped - Felt a bit itchy, might have been responsible for a few irritation pimples
Maybelline Dream Velvet - Caused rash
Revlon New Complexion Creme to Powder - Caused rash and irritation pimples
Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Fix (stick) - Felt itchy, caused irritation pimples
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous - Didn't cause pimples/ rash, but still feels a bit itchy by the end of the day
Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer - Extra itchy by the end of the day
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - A little itchy by the end of the day
Laura Mercier Illuminizing Tinted Moisturizer - A little itchy
Clinique CC Cream - A little itchy

Also, the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth and L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundations have identical ingredients up until a few preservatives at the very end.

Please visit my notepad for more on stuff I like and referral links and coupon codes.

I have been staying away from drugstore foundations for a very long time because they tend to break me out, but one day I ran out of my everyday foundation and I had to use my little sister's foundation (this one) and to my amazement, I was really impressed.
pros:
instantly mattifies
a little goes a long way
medium-full coverage

Cons:
color selection

The ONLY con about this foundation, in my opinion, is the color selection. I have a yellow-olive undertone with absolutely ZERO pinks, which makes it very hard for me to find foundations. I feel like all of the colors in this line have a pink undertone because I have tried 4 different shades and they all gave me a pink hue to my skin.

Because of this, I have not been able to make this foundation my HG. Whenever I wear this foundation, I have to apply a powder on top to make it match my skin better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Even if you have dry skin like me, you can use this if you moisturize (fyi: I permanently got rid of dry patches by applying cortisone to those spots for a few days).

Overall, this puts high-end foundations to shame when it comes to leaving the skin looking porcelain-smooth and airbrushed. The coverage is great, it's thin enough to be buildable without looking cakey, the finish is natural matte so it's not flat, and it's long-lasting.

I can't ask for more, even from foundations that cost 10x as much. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner.