L'Oreal Paris Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray
Paris Infallible Makeup Extender Setting SprayParis Infallible Makeup Extender Setting SprayParis Infallible Makeup Extender Setting SprayParis Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray

3.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., PVP Dimethicone, PEG-7 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether, Myristate Poloxamer 407, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Limonene, Linalool, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 7/30/2018 7:58:00 PM

I used the clear bottle EU version. Tried to find some way to make this work for me but in the end I had to admit defeat and throw it out. The idea of a setting spray to extend wear time of make-up on my oily skin was too tempting, and a friend of a friend swore blind that this stuff was amazing. Well, it turned out she was half right as it turned out it was so, SO bad that it was amazing. It never seems to spray evenly and it would end up going on in such a way that 90% of all of this product went on 10% of my facial skin's surface area - and the one patch that did have the most setting spray on STILL didn't stay on any longer. So I tried to get creative, sprayed my foundation brush with this stuff before loading it with foundation so in theory it would be more evenly spread... didn't help. Neither did spraying it onto a sponge or trying to do that thing YT beauty gurus do where I'd create a thick smog around me spraying far too much setting spray in the air and emerge from the cloud with (hopefully) everlasting make-up... kept an unfortunate tiny spider stuck on my fringe all day, and that was it. My foundation must have run away in horror sometime around midday.

Save your money and buy something that works... even the old hairspray trick is a better option than this! I paid £8.99 for this, which was £8.99 too much. Avoid!

on 7/19/2018 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was just ok for me. Nothing particularly special. At around 16$ CA, it's not exactly cheap either. On the positive side,you have the fact that it sprays fairly evenly which feels nice against the skin, there isn't a strong scent that I can detect, and it's great for wetting my brush when I'm applying a colourful eyeshadow and I really want the colour to pop.  On the other hand, there is no way this extends the wear of my makeup because there's zero difference by the end of my work day where I use the spray or not. I'll probably buy something else once I run out of this one.

on 7/7/2018 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist, the one I have is bought in Europe (Sweden) and housed in a different bottle than the one pictured here, a clear plastic bottle, so I am not sure that it's the exact same product/formula.

This one mattifies (it has powder in it, as well as alcohol, so definitely drying) and extends the lasting power of my makeup by a few hours. Pretty much does what it says, I think. I have had the powder settle in splotches on my face a few times too, but it doesn't do that if I make sure to shake it properly before using it. I really like it as an alternative to powder for setting foundation. It has fragrance listed in the ingredients, but I can't even recall the scent of it - not much of a noticeable smell at all, I would say. The mist could be finer, but it's alright.

The only other setting spray I use is MAC Fix+, which is an entirely different type of setting spray, so I can't say how this one performs compared to similar products. Would probably buy again, though, unless I get very curious about another setting spray with similar properties. It performs well for me.

Ingredients for the clear bottle EU version: AQUA / WATER, ALCOHOL DENAT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AMP-ACRYLATES/ALLYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • PHENOXYETHANOL • DISODIUM EDTA, CHLORPHENESIN, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PERLITE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, POLYSORBATE 65, LIMONENE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, SIMETHICONE, METHYLCELLULOSE, SORBIC ACID, BENZOIC ACID, SULFURIC ACID, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.

on 3/22/2018 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Scent is not as strong and chemical as Maybelline's spray but I don't really notice this working as well. Not sure it's really extending the life of my makeup. Bottle is fine, spray is light enough that it doesn't soak my face and ruin my makeup. Gave it a 2, unsure that I would repurchase.

on 12/30/2017 8:48:00 PM

Absolutely fantastic. I use this to set my makeup every day!

on 11/15/2017 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

How does this have 74% of people saying they would repurchase. Wow ! Can we talk about the poop smell. That scent is DISGUSTING!!! Secondly, make sure you are looking for something to keep your makeup together not to get rid of oiliness. Because as a matter of fact ! This thing MADE ME GREASY !!! Yuck. Poop smell plus greasy !! Naaa I’ll pass. I never throw away products I bought with my own money. And I’m trying to find a way to use this but wow. Naaaa I’m definitely going to throw this useless thing away ! It doesn’t even spray nicely. LOL. This is major trash. I JUUUUUUUUHSSSSS CANT!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

An alternative for my UD setting spray It does work on my Makeup My only issue is the scent I just don’t like the scent of this setting spray, it smells weird imo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I normally love all L'Oreal products but this must be the worst setting spray I've ever tried. No matter how many times I use it or how much I shake it beforehand I'm always covered in what looks like white dust/powder. It covers my face in white splotches and my eyebrows and eyelashes look like they have white dust stuck in them. Absolutely awful

on 6/29/2017 4:53:00 PM

Going on my second bottle of this stuff. It works just as well as any other higher-end setting sprays and has similar ingredients. Beware that this, like a lot of setting sprays I see, contains alcohol. I think the alcohol keeps your face matte, but also has the potential to dry your skin.

Like all the reviewers stated, the mist isn't fine enough. Here's what I did: I poured this into my empty bottle of UD All Nighter setting spray and BAM, instant dupe. Works perfectly.

on 5/23/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This setting spray really surprised me. I bought the travel size on impulse at the CVS check out and I'm glad I did. I used it to set my makeup before an event and ended up sweating like crazy half way through. I couldn't believe how well this helped my makeup hold up through heat , humidity and sweat. My makeup was still in reasonable shape hours later even my eye makeup held up better than I could have hoped.

This leaves a natural satin finish and keeps oily skin at bay in my t-zone without drying out the rest of my face. It hasnt cause a breakout or irritated my skin or eyes in any way.

This does need to be shaken well before applying and I wish the spray bottle gave a finer more even mist but overall it gets the job done. This is pricey for a drug store product but still a good deal compared to high-end sprays with very little compromise in finish or lasting power

Popular Face Skincare Products