3.9

$16.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

I know this is crazy, but this works better for me than UD which I’ve tried countless times over the years but it just never did me right. I just faux tanned to chase away the cold weather doldrums and purchased a true match foundation, concealer and powder in a dark shade to tide me over til I can get some “good” darker makeup, and it was BOGO so I chose this as my 4th item - since I didn’t know if this combo would last on my face being cheap. Note that it has alcohol in it. For some days I’ve been using that L’Oréal base, maybe with some better product in an nw30-ish shade mixed in, using a hydrating spray like fix+ or the elf dewy coconut one (they make my makeup look better but last worse), and put some shaken sprays of this right over the lot when still damp. PSA: if you think that this sprays out too clumpy don’t try any elf sprays haha. Fire hose. It seals everything in! It does what I wanted UD to do! I can like touch or take a nap on my face and it still looks perfect. Plus I feel the hydrating spray under maybe helps with the denatured alcohol in this one. For reference I am 40 with normal skin. Recommend highly! Worth a try as it is very cheap. I like another reviewer’s recommendation to put messy sprays in old all-nighter bottle and may do that with my elf sprays.

About reviewer (388 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

this is a good setting spray if you want a matte look. it doesnt define/intensify pores or lines. it does a really good job with setting your makeup and extends the life of your look for a quite a bit depending on the quality of your makeup. i do like the package, made of soft plastic but is pretty durable. it kinda looks like something youd get hairspray in, simple but clean and professional looking. the spray feels nice and isnt messy but it did dry out my skin a bit and i prefer hydrating sprays so this wouldnt be my first choice but is definitely a really good and affordable but slightly pricy product. it gives a pretty nice flawless matte finish. a must try if you want a matte look.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

I guess this stuff makes your makeup last...(who can really tell?) The scent was alright, but the nozzle/mechanism was faulty at times: I could feel and see where I'd get big blobs of spray on my face. So it wasn't spraying consistently and that's why I gave it 4 stars. And that's not worth the high drugstore price to me.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

2.0

2 years ago

I used the clear bottle EU version. Tried to find some way to make this work for me but in the end I had to admit defeat and throw it out. The idea of a setting spray to extend wear time of make-up on my oily skin was too tempting, and a friend of a friend swore blind that this stuff was amazing. Well, it turned out she was half right as it turned out it was so, SO bad that it was amazing. It never seems to spray evenly and it would end up going on in such a way that 90% of all of this product went on 10% of my facial skin's surface area - and the one patch that did have the most setting spray on STILL didn't stay on any longer. So I tried to get creative, sprayed my foundation brush with this stuff before loading it with foundation so in theory it would be more evenly spread... didn't help. Neither did spraying it onto a sponge or trying to do that thing YT beauty gurus do where I'd create a thick smog around me spraying far too much setting spray in the air and emerge from the cloud with (hopefully) everlasting make-up... kept an unfortunate tiny spider stuck on my fringe all day, and that was it. My foundation must have run away in horror sometime around midday. Save your money and buy something that works... even the old hairspray trick is a better option than this! I paid £8.99 for this, which was £8.99 too much. Avoid!

About reviewer (196 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

This was just ok for me. Nothing particularly special. At around 16$ CA, it's not exactly cheap either. On the positive side,you have the fact that it sprays fairly evenly which feels nice against the skin, there isn't a strong scent that I can detect, and it's great for wetting my brush when I'm applying a colourful eyeshadow and I really want the colour to pop.  On the other hand, there is no way this extends the wear of my makeup because there's zero difference by the end of my work day where I use the spray or not. I'll probably buy something else once I run out of this one.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist, the one I have is bought in Europe (Sweden) and housed in a different bottle than the one pictured here, a clear plastic bottle, so I am not sure that it's the exact same product/formula. This one mattifies (it has powder in it, as well as alcohol, so definitely drying) and extends the lasting power of my makeup by a few hours. Pretty much does what it says, I think. I have had the powder settle in splotches on my face a few times too, but it doesn't do that if I make sure to shake it properly before using it. I really like it as an alternative to powder for setting foundation. It has fragrance listed in the ingredients, but I can't even recall the scent of it - not much of a noticeable smell at all, I would say. The mist could be finer, but it's alright. The only other setting spray I use is MAC Fix+, which is an entirely different type of setting spray, so I can't say how this one performs compared to similar products. Would probably buy again, though, unless I get very curious about another setting spray with similar properties. It performs well for me. Ingredients for the clear bottle EU version: AQUA / WATER, ALCOHOL DENAT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AMP-ACRYLATES/ALLYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • PHENOXYETHANOL • DISODIUM EDTA, CHLORPHENESIN, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PERLITE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, POLYSORBATE 65, LIMONENE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, SIMETHICONE, METHYLCELLULOSE, SORBIC ACID, BENZOIC ACID, SULFURIC ACID, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

Scent is not as strong and chemical as Maybelline's spray but I don't really notice this working as well. Not sure it's really extending the life of my makeup. Bottle is fine, spray is light enough that it doesn't soak my face and ruin my makeup. Gave it a 2, unsure that I would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

Absolutely fantastic. I use this to set my makeup every day!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

1.0

2 years ago

How does this have 74% of people saying they would repurchase. Wow ! Can we talk about the poop smell. That scent is DISGUSTING!!! Secondly, make sure you are looking for something to keep your makeup together not to get rid of oiliness. Because as a matter of fact ! This thing MADE ME GREASY !!! Yuck. Poop smell plus greasy !! Naaa I’ll pass. I never throw away products I bought with my own money. And I’m trying to find a way to use this but wow. Naaaa I’m definitely going to throw this useless thing away ! It doesn’t even spray nicely. LOL. This is major trash. I JUUUUUUUUHSSSSS CANT!!!!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2 years ago

An alternative for my UD setting spray It does work on my Makeup My only issue is the scent I just don’t like the scent of this setting spray, it smells weird imo.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral