Amika Un.Done Texture Spray

Amika Un.Done Texture Spray

3.1

on 5/26/2018 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like the idea of this product but it didn't perform all that well on my straight, baby-fine, color-treated, thyroid-medication-trashed aging hair. It added a bit of body for the first few hours but as the day went on, it weighed down my hair and got gummy. I think this would work better on thicker, coarser hair.

This just made my hair a sticky mess. I bought it because I saw a demo of it on Youtube and was really impressed with the sheer volume it created. However I did not get that impressive volume when I tried it, all I got was hair that clumped together in a tangled mess.

It smells nice, and the container its in works well. For the price of the full-size bottle, I wouldn't repurchase, but also for the issues I stated above.

**Update: June 6, 2018****

While initially I disliked this product, I think that may have been due to my own user error. While yes it still doesn't give my hair massive volume, that's more likely due to my pin straight flat hair texture, but I've found a way to make it work for me. It still can leave my hair a sticky mess if I use too much. But when I'm light-handed with this product it does give me nice volume, and a matte-ish finish.

It's nicer than I initially thought, and I find myself reaching for it when I heat style my hair into beachy waves, but I would likely continue the hunt for a volume spray once my bottle is finished.

on 4/2/2017 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. Waste of money!Living Proof spray texturizer was recommended so I bought it. Highly recommend it because it really works!!

on 5/29/2016 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Another Amika product that was love at first use for me. This is good stuff. I really like a piecey look in my hair but I avoid sea salt sprays because they just deposit so much junk in my hair. Since I only wash my hair once a week (if that) I have to be careful not to dirty it too much with product. With other texture sprays I've used I've sprayed my hands and carefully ran them through my hair - if I spray it directly it makes my hair look frizzy. But this stuff I was able to spray right on and no frizz.. only cool girl texture. I thibk the fact that it's aerosol is what makes the difference. Like all Amika products this was dumb expensive but worth it to me. I have short hair and I wouldn't use this as an everyday product so I think it will last me a good while.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff! Gives me perfect messy buns on those days I don't have a lot of time to put into fixing my hair. This stuff will remain on my go-to list for forever!

on 8/11/2015 5:30:00 PM

I will be returning this product. I purchased it based on a blogger's review. I have long, thick hair. I wanted a tousled look. I feel like I achieved it, but it wasn't very different from how it would look without the texture spray. Too much money for such an ineffective product. It also left my hair feeling very greasy later in the day.

on 11/18/2014 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I saw a youtube video that said this was a dupe for the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray so I tried it and it is! This is awesome because the high cost of the Oribe version had me using it very sparingly and this is the type of product that I want to use on a daily basis. It gives me volume and the right amount of sexy texture. I even think the amika version has more grit than the Oribe one, I also like the smell better and it is half the price. YAY!