Davines OI / All in One Milk

Davines OI / All in One Milk
OI / All in One Milk

4.5

Aqua/water, eau ceteapyl alcohol, panthenol, parfum/fragrance, behentrimonium chloride, benzyl alcohol, tocopherol cetyl alcohol, amoduethcone cetrimonium chloride, amodimethicone, sisesouokane copolyver, sodium benzoate, trideceth-5 citric acid glycerin, trideceth-12 cyclopentasloame citronellol geranol phenoxyethanol, helianthus annuus seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, linalool alphasomethyl ionine limonene bixaorellana seed extract.

on 12/13/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product is Ahhhhmazing!!!! I am blown away..if there is statement bigger than tht apply it here..WOW!!!!! It does what is says, moisture, shine, and protection. The creamy lotion like consistency comes out like a spray but it doesn't weigh down hair. I spray on wet hair before blow drying and I do not need anything else..I have eliminated other styling products from my routine. The scent is not issue for me, very perfumey but nothing unbearable :) Currently going through thinning issues, not saying it helps with that but added moisture helps..This product is far superior than anything I have ever tried..so will be repurchasing this on Ebay. The only con about this product is the pump gets jammed but after few extra shakes and pumps it starts working again.. I am going through this 4.56 ounce product like nobody's business :( I even spray on dry hair and it is amazing.

on 9/25/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Overall, this is a good multipurpose hair product but I'm knocking one point off for the scent. Scents are highly personal and I'm not a fan of the amber-y, spicy scent of this hair milk but I'll tolerate it. I would not repurchase however, because I currently use a similar unscented product that produces comparable results (Phyto 7). Generally speaking, I like my hair, skin and body care to be unscented so that it doesn't clash with my perfume. Fortunately the scent doesn't linger; when I use it at night, the smell doesn't keep me from sleeping and I definitely don't smell it in the morning or throughout the day.

Fragrance aside, I like using Davines hair milk on damp, towel dried hair after showering and before blow drying. It's hard to find lightweight detangling/leave in conditioners that are fine-hair friendly. I can still wash my hair every other day when using this as a leave-in, which is a plus.

Overall, a good product, if you don't mind the added fragrance.

I received a sample of this a while back. One day my fine, straight, highlighted hair was looking really dry -- so I gave it a whirl. To my surprise, my hair loved it. I just spray a tiny bit on my hands then work it through the ends and it gave my hair a lot of shine and bounce -- dare I say, almost curl. The scent is reminiscent of 'old book smell' which I happen to love. For my hair a little bit goes a long way but I find myself reaching for this more and more, and I've purchased a full bottle now and keep the sample in my travel kit now! It's really wonderful!

Expensive! But so worth it!!!! I have curly frizzy Jew hair and this is the only thing that defines my curls and make them soft at same time! Literally can't live without!

on 12/22/2016 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product - I find it hard to get a hair product that doesn't weigh my fine hair down, leave it greasy looking or have much of an effect. This is probably the best leave in product I have ever had. I have balayaged hair and my ends are very bleached and dry - this makes a huge difference to the softness and sleekness of my hair. I don't mind the smell at all - but I don't adore it either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been looking forever for the perfect leave-in for my fine, dry, bleached hair and I have finally found it! I've tried every single product in the salon brands, but had never tried anything from Davines. It's not a very common found brand. I ordered a sample of this and the matching shampoo and conditioner online and was so pleasantly surprised at how nice my hair felt and looked after using these products. I decided I needed to buy all three full sized products. I continued to use the milk spray after using my regular shampoo and still had amazing results so I know that this is a great product. It smoothed and hydrated so well. The scent is so unique... And very powerful. It's a pleasant amber perfumey smell... it stays in my hair even after a long hard work day and everything else on me smells not so great, my hair still smells amazing. It's expensive but it's worth it, since nothing else hydrated and smooths like this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makes my hair soft and shiny, but it's not too heavy for my fine hair. The smell is interesting and complex. It's like the smell of a children's picture book at the library, but also mixed with some fragrance your older but still cool great aunt might wear. I know that sounds not great, but it's fascinating, actually.

on 8/13/2016 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product is magic--it makes hair soft and shiny without weighing it down and it seems to work for a range of hair types. My favorite part, however, is the scent. I would buy this product just for the fragrance. I'm so tired of boring, wimpy, low quality fragrance in hair care products. Part of the reason is that here in the U.S., consumers shy away from bold, interesting fragrances--this results in dulled-down "inoffensive" fragrance that no one really likes or hates. In some countries, people are exposed to intense, complex fragrances from a young age and are therefore capable of appreciating such scents. In America, the lack of exposure results in an inability to neurologically process the intense olfactory experience, which results in headache and nausea--it's a brain thing, not an allergy thing. It's a little like developing a taste for hot peppers.

Davines--please do not change this product. In fact, please make more products with the same fragrance.

on 6/4/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

VERY heavy scent, sort of like amber and oud and that type of musky oriental thing. I didn't mind the smell personally - it was pleasant enough - but I did feel it was a little overwhelming for a hair product. I mean, I am pretty sure it would overwhelm a perfume.

Anyway, formula wise, it was OK. I don't think it was particularly moisturising or shine imparting or detangling or anything most hair products purport to do. Perhaps that's why it's marketed as an all in one product. It can be used on wet or dry hair but I think it works better on dry hair, as a finishing mist.

I also started using it as a light hair spray to hold my bangs in place and it was okay for that.

Bottom line, probably not a rebuy. Also, don't confuse it with the OI absolute beautifying potion, which I think I must have done (heard lots of good things about that product but they're not the same).

on 5/30/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff is fantastic. I got a bottle as a gift with purchase last summer and immediately became hooked. It's the only thing I've found that smooths and defrizzes my wavy-curly hair in the summer without weighing it down. It leaves it shiny, bouncy and soft and I don't need too many styling products on top of it. The only problem is the smell which is really overpowering--herbaceous and plastic-y at the same time. I get migraines. On good days it's fine but on the bad days it's just overwhelming. And it would be nice just to have a break so I could smell something else! Otherwise, it's remarkable. But sadly, one star off for the smell. Otherwise it might even get six.

Popular Styling Products