Clarins Cleansing Milk for dry to normal skin

Clarins Cleansing Milk for dry to normal skin
Clarins Cleansing Milk With Alpine Herbs for N/DClarins Cleansing Milk With Alpine Herbs for N/D

water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, glycerin, polysorbate 60, alpha-glucan oligosaccaride, parfum, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, cetearyl glucoside, disodium edta, tocopheryl acetate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, retinyl palmitate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, isobutylparaben, propylparabem, linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract, gentiana lutea root extract, xanthan gum, arnica montana flower extract, hypericum perforatum flower/leaf/stem extract, juniperus communis fruit extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, pinus sylvestris cone extract, bletia hyacinthina bulb extract, althaea officinalis root extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract, bht, limonene, linalool, benzyl alcohol, eugenol, amyl cinnamal, anise alcohol, citronellol, geraniol, citral, CI42090/blue 1 - CI19140/yellow 5.

on 10/14/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm a sucker for Clarins products mostly cuz they just smell so good! (would not recommended for those who are scentsitive) The scent is always lux. As for performance this product really does not deliver for me. It's a gentle cleanser, yes face feels clean but not deep clean. Texture is a light/velvety cream w/ a lovely alpine scent. I do follow up w/ the Clarins camomile toner. Overall I will say that my face feels quite soft after every use, but no cleaner than using a mild moisturizing soap. It's just one of those products I have but seldom reach for cuz there are more effective products out there. I would prob recommend this for ppl who wear less makeup but prefer good skincare.

on 9/9/2017 2:09:00 PM

This is a great cream cleanser that cleans makeup without pulling and pugging the skin as a foaming cleanser may require. I love using it in the mornings when I've to get up at 7 and be ready for a long work day. I really don't love using it to remove makeup once I'm home.

I don't like using this to remove foundation or my BB cream. It's gentle and picks up makeup; however, I must use the accompanying toner from Clarins (called the Toning Lotion With Camomile) to make sure that my skin is completely clean. This cleansing milk is not enough on its own. I found out that the toner must go with the cleansing milk when I was traveling abroad since I run out and need to stock up.

The packaging is tolerable. One has to tip the bottle to wait for the cleansing milk to come out, and when the bottle has 1/3 left, it gets annoying. Luckily, the cleanser's jumbo size has a pump :-)

on 8/25/2017 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this many times over the years. It is not a holy grail item but a good stand-by. Good for a second cleanse at night or a morning cleanse.

Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

on 11/6/2016 6:43:00 AM

I have used the older version of this cleanser ('Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs') for over 20 years. It has a great, thick texture and leaves my skin baby soft. However, over the past couple of years, Clarins has changed the ingredients of this product. The newer version is called 'Anti Pollution Cleansing Milk, Alpine Herbs, Moringa'. I am NOT a fan of the new texture of this cleanser. It has a more runny consistency than the old version. I also noticed that one morning after I had used it my face was more oily. I wish companies would just leave beauty products as they are. Bring back the original version.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this together with the tonic for dry skin. I liked it, but I cannot say I'll buy it again. Its heavily scented, as all Clarins products. It has this aromatherapeutic effect when you massage it into your skin after a stressful day. People who like this will love it, however, I wouldn't recommend it to sensitive types. Cannot say I'll buy it again because I think there are equally if not better performing products out there for a fraction of price. Moreover because I prefer all rinse-off products to be scentless and as gentle as possible.

on 3/26/2016 2:36:00 PM

Overall rating 3/5 .. The nice things in this product that it's leaves my skin smooth after cleaning... It's perfect for dry skin .... On the other hand, its not perfect cleaner .. It's takes time until remove all make up around 5-8 cotton pads for normal makup . There are other removal remove all makeup using 2/3 cotton pads for normal make up ..

on 1/14/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great cleanser I have very dry skin and this is one of the only cleansers I can use thats scented(I like scents in my products, it feels more luxurious) it has a spa sort of feel when you use it, and a spa scent. It makes my skin feel very soft afterwards, and I don't wear much makeup so it removes face makeup well. I'd use another cleanser if you wear more thought before, I will difiently repurchase again and again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am a huge fan of cleansing milk and have tried quite a few brands (Lancome, Caudalie, & Nuxe), so I was really excited to get a free sample of this in a recent Clarins order.

Before I get into describing the actual product, I wanted to say a few things about cleansing milk in general first. Like almost any product out there, companies claim a lot of things about cleansing milks that the product simply can't live up to. If you are looking for a product to remove your makeup, I do not believe you will be satisfied with a cleansing milk - stick with dual phase eye makeup removers and cleansing oils. If you are looking for a gentle, everyday cleanser to use in the mornings or after removing your makeup, then you might enjoy a cleansing milk.

One of the suggested uses for a cleansing milk is to apply it to your dry face, then gently wipe away with a piece of cotton. I have never felt "clean" when I tried this method. I apply it to my dry skin first, then add a little bit of water with my hands and rub (similarly to how you would emulsify a cleansing oil). Then I rinse my face clean and pat dry.

I did enjoy the Clarins cleansing milk. It performed just as well as any of the others that I have tried and I would be perfectly happy using it. Some cleansing milks have a thinner, runny consistency. The Clarins one is a bit thicker, similar to a body lotion.

However, despite liking the sample, there are two reasons I'm unlikely to purchase the full-size product:

- The Scent: Since the name of the product is "Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs", it should come as no surprise that it has a very herbal smell. I don't find the scent offensive at all. It's just that I prefer the scents of some of the other products that I've tried.

- The Packaging: Whenever possible, I only purchase skincare products that come in a bottle with a pump. I like the convenience of simply reaching into my basket and pumping it into my hand. There's no fiddling with screw on lids and I don't even have to take the bottle out of the basket. I also like knowing that I use 1 pump of this product and 2 pumps of that. It makes my portion control easier instead of worrying each morning and evening about pouring too much and wasting my products. This full-size product has a flip top lid, which isn't as terrible to me as a screw on lid. But since there are other cleansing milks in pump bottles that I like just as well or better than the Clarins, it isn't worth messing with.

I received the deluxe sample size with a gift pack with Clarins purchase. I have used this milky cleanser only during the cooler, drier, month. I have normal-to-oily skin, but during the winter, it tends to be drier/dehydrated. I have used it in the morning as just a normal cleanser every other day, and that worked fine for me. However, I did find that my skin was getting congested, so I now it use to remove make-up. I massage on my face and over/around my eye area, rinse it off with warm water, and then follow with my normal cleanser. This works better for me as it removes make-up well enough and doesn't congest my skin. I am only looking to use up this sample, and don't think I will repurchase this particular product. For whom it may concern, it does have a (what I find to be slight) herbal scent.

on 8/29/2015 5:20:00 AM

Love love love this product, my skin already is so much smoother and feels so much fresher however I have had a few brake outs since using