CLARINS Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs - Normal or Dry Skin

CLARINS Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs - Normal or Dry Skin
Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs - Normal or Dry SkinClarins Cleansing Milk With Alpine Herbs for N/DClarins Cleansing Milk With Alpine Herbs for N/D

water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, glycerin, polysorbate 60, alpha-glucan oligosaccaride, parfum, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, cetearyl glucoside, disodium edta, tocopheryl acetate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, retinyl palmitate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, isobutylparaben, propylparabem, linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract, gentiana lutea root extract, xanthan gum, arnica montana flower extract, hypericum perforatum flower/leaf/stem extract, juniperus communis fruit extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, pinus sylvestris cone extract, bletia hyacinthina bulb extract, althaea officinalis root extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract, bht, limonene, linalool, benzyl alcohol, eugenol, amyl cinnamal, anise alcohol, citronellol, geraniol, citral, CI42090/blue 1 - CI19140/yellow 5.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

One of the first items I have bought from Clarins , in my endless search for a nice skincare range to replace Erno Laszlo . This is currently available as a great value pack on their website , with a full size of this, the Chamomile toner , a trial size Express makeup remover (which I love) and a cosmetic bag . It has a very pleasant gentle fragrance , floral but clean, and two weeks in, my sensitive skin has not reacted to it. I use the Japanese skin care method ( as per a book by Chizu Saeki - Japanese Skincare Revolution). This involves carefully removing eye, lip and eyebrow makeup first with a suitable remover. Followed by upward massaging strokes to the face with a cream or milk type cleanser, several times . It is not quick , and sometimes before bed, when I look at the many steps , copied and currently pinned on my bathroom wall, I question my own sanity. However, this product lends itself beautifully to this method . I remove the surface cream with two moist cotton pads , and then gently sluice with water . Finish with a three minute lotion mask ( using Chamomile toner) . My skin type is constantly dry and dull on my cheeks , and I have oil on my forehead and nose , because my skin is dry. I can see a real vibrancy coming back to my cheeks al ready . But crucially , the surface of my skin looks smoother. I am guessing this is due to increase moisture , the exfoliating effect of the technique and the gentleness of the product . This routine isn't for everyone , some nights it isn't even for me. And it isn't the technique suggested by Clarins , though it is similar , just more involved . But as I move through my 40s I realise I have to work much harder to care for my skin if i want it to look good. I had become despondent and lazy as my previously great skin rejected the updated Erno Laszlo products and I floundered around looking for a new skincare "home". Fingers crossed that Clarins may finally be the answer. Certainly, the initial results make me enthused again . For the record , I do not go down this lengthy cleansing method in the morning, I do a gentle wash (as per the book), with a tiny amount of a gentle foaming cleanser (currenty using a Clarins sample ). It makes the evening cleanse more achievable knowing it's simpler the next morning.
I don't think this cleanser is for everyone. The fact that it is helping so much with the dryness for me, means it could be too rich for some complexions. That said, most skincare schools of thought suggest that the way to reduce an oily t zone is to add in extra moisture, and it seems to be having a positive effect on my shiny forehead.

Whenever I read my reviews back , I think "blimey, I do go on" .. so apologies for the endless details.

on 10/14/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm a sucker for Clarins products mostly cuz they just smell so good! (would not recommended for those who are scentsitive) The scent is always lux. As for performance this product really does not deliver for me. It's a gentle cleanser, yes face feels clean but not deep clean. Texture is a light/velvety cream w/ a lovely alpine scent. I do follow up w/ the Clarins camomile toner. Overall I will say that my face feels quite soft after every use, but no cleaner than using a mild moisturizing soap. It's just one of those products I have but seldom reach for cuz there are more effective products out there. I would prob recommend this for ppl who wear less makeup but prefer good skincare.

on 9/9/2017 2:09:00 PM

This is a great cream cleanser that cleans makeup without pulling and pugging the skin as a foaming cleanser may require. I love using it in the mornings when I've to get up at 7 and be ready for a long work day. I really don't love using it to remove makeup once I'm home.

I don't like using this to remove foundation or my BB cream. It's gentle and picks up makeup; however, I must use the accompanying toner from Clarins (called the Toning Lotion With Camomile) to make sure that my skin is completely clean. This cleansing milk is not enough on its own. I found out that the toner must go with the cleansing milk when I was traveling abroad since I run out and need to stock up.

The packaging is tolerable. One has to tip the bottle to wait for the cleansing milk to come out, and when the bottle has 1/3 left, it gets annoying. Luckily, the cleanser's jumbo size has a pump :-)

on 8/25/2017 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this many times over the years. It is not a holy grail item but a good stand-by. Good for a second cleanse at night or a morning cleanse.

Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

on 11/6/2016 6:43:00 AM

I have used the older version of this cleanser ('Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs') for over 20 years. It has a great, thick texture and leaves my skin baby soft. However, over the past couple of years, Clarins has changed the ingredients of this product. The newer version is called 'Anti Pollution Cleansing Milk, Alpine Herbs, Moringa'. I am NOT a fan of the new texture of this cleanser. It has a more runny consistency than the old version. I also noticed that one morning after I had used it my face was more oily. I wish companies would just leave beauty products as they are. Bring back the original version.

on 3/26/2016 2:36:00 PM

Overall rating 3/5 .. The nice things in this product that it's leaves my skin smooth after cleaning... It's perfect for dry skin .... On the other hand, its not perfect cleaner .. It's takes time until remove all make up around 5-8 cotton pads for normal makup . There are other removal remove all makeup using 2/3 cotton pads for normal make up ..

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this together with the tonic for dry skin. I liked it, but I cannot say I'll buy it again. Its heavily scented, as all Clarins products. It has this aromatherapeutic effect when you massage it into your skin after a stressful day. People who like this will love it, however, I wouldn't recommend it to sensitive types. Cannot say I'll buy it again because I think there are equally if not better performing products out there for a fraction of price. Moreover because I prefer all rinse-off products to be scentless and as gentle as possible.

I received the deluxe sample size with a gift pack with Clarins purchase. I have used this milky cleanser only during the cooler, drier, month. I have normal-to-oily skin, but during the winter, it tends to be drier/dehydrated. I have used it in the morning as just a normal cleanser every other day, and that worked fine for me. However, I did find that my skin was getting congested, so I now it use to remove make-up. I massage on my face and over/around my eye area, rinse it off with warm water, and then follow with my normal cleanser. This works better for me as it removes make-up well enough and doesn't congest my skin. I am only looking to use up this sample, and don't think I will repurchase this particular product. For whom it may concern, it does have a (what I find to be slight) herbal scent.

on 1/14/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great cleanser I have very dry skin and this is one of the only cleansers I can use thats scented(I like scents in my products, it feels more luxurious) it has a spa sort of feel when you use it, and a spa scent. It makes my skin feel very soft afterwards, and I don't wear much makeup so it removes face makeup well. I'd use another cleanser if you wear more thought before, I will difiently repurchase again and again.

on 8/29/2015 5:20:00 AM

Love love love this product, my skin already is so much smoother and feels so much fresher however I have had a few brake outs since using