St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask

4.1

WATER, SODIUM METHYL 2-SULFOLAURATE, GLYCERIN, HYDRATED SILICA, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, ACRYLATES/PALMETH-25 ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-DIMONIUM CHLORIDE PHOSPHATE, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) MEAL EXTRACT, HONEY, FRAGRANCE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, PPG-2 METHYL ETHER, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 11/6/2017 2:27:00 PM

Great scrub for dry and sensitive skin. The beads are not too harsh like other scrubs. It leave skin soft and smooth as scrub suppose to do. It have a soft fragrance in this product I like the scent of it not strong smell. I will buy this again but it will last me a long time for $3.49 at Target.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This has to be the most calming, soothing product I've put on my face in quite some time. (The next best thing, IMO, is the White Tea Skin Guardian from Origins, in terms of being soothing.) I used this as a mask first and then a scrub as I washed it off with warm water. My sensitive, oily skin felt extremely soft and hydrated after I was done! I just put on some gel moisturizer and lip balm and feel all set for the evening after using this stuff. It's quite gentle in terms of scrubbing properties. This is nothing nearly as rough as their apricot scrubs that I tried in high school. My skin is easily irritated, but this caused zero red patches or negative reactions. I don't know that I'd recommend it for someone with lots of open acne, but it is very good to grouchy skin in general otherwise. I found this at my local Walgreens, but I know it can be found at many other drugstores, grocery stores, and mass retailers in the USA.

on 5/13/2017 12:00:00 PM

I tried the apricot version but bought this instead ( due to the lovely scent ) thinking it would be the same texture. This is more gentle and can be used for alternate day use . No irritation or burns to my skin . It moisturises and yet scrubs at the same time . The smell is so relaxing and addictive . Love it .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

OMG talk about how SOFT my skin feels after using this!It feels almost hydrated,and i have dry patchy skin.Secondly,in love with its texture too,slimy but creamy,10/10 would buy it again,love how it makes my skin feels.Just not a big fan of the smell.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this product! So gentle and still effective. Can also be used as a mask by applying and leaving on for 5-7 minutes. Rinses clean and feels ultra hydrated and soft after using. I prefer other types of masks so primarily use this as a scrub and highly recommend it if you have dry and/or sensitive skin. I have some redness/mild rosacea and this calms my skin down while exfoliating the dry flakes without irritation. There is very little fragrance to this, smells faintly of oatmeal and basically just has a clean smell in my opinion. Can't recommend this enough. Will continue to use often and repurchase again and again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mask is a workhorse- it does the job without there being anything fancy about it. I definitely like that aspect of it, although I will say that if you have acne, you might find that this product is not strong enough for you.

Seeing as how I have dry skin, I usually don't have a problem with acne or blemishes, but I still try to maintain my skin and prevent issues from arising as best I can. That's why this is a part of my weekly routine.

It doesn't take long to set, and rinses off easily. I like applying it before I take a shower, so I can use the pressure of the warm shower water to thoroughly rinse my skin clean. I also do that with other masks, it just makes the stubborn ones come off so much easier.

Anyway, if you don't have a lot of issues with your skin, than this might be the only mask you need. I am still on the lookout for a more hydrating and nourishing mask though, because I would like one that purifies like this one does, but with the added benefit of more moisture.

on 7/2/2016 10:13:00 AM

This stuff is pretty good, not amazing. You will definitely see a difference in your skin. I have embarrassing dry patches on my face especially around the mouth area and this smooths away the dry skin without irritation. It's super gentle on the skin and has a slight strong smell of oats which is what I don't mind. I would definitely recommend. The only reason why I didn't give this 5 stars is because it doesn't get rid of ALL the dry patches, just the majority. You still need to moisturize per usual. Other than that this is a great product and I will repurchase! Can't beat the price

This is a mild scrub that didn't irritate my sensitive, acne prone skin, smells great and is really affordable.
I put it on my face while in the shower and left it on while I washes my hair, shaved etc. and rinsed it off last. While my skin wasn't irritated or red, it did leave a film on my face that was really uncomfortable. I much prefer the green tea scrub by St. Ives. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! I have acne and rosacea (great right?) and can literally use nothing on my face anymore because it's so freaking sensitive. I bought this on a whim because Clinique isn't cutting it anymore and regular drugstore stuff usually disappoints me but I'm in desperate need of some mild exfoliation.
Tried this and man does it get off those nasty dry skin flakes like a charm! It doesn't give me any additional pimples but doesn't make the ones I have go away but I really just needed the mild exfoliation and this did the job. Will continue to use and purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm rewriting this review. The first time I used it I liked mostly because it didn't leave my skin red and it was overly drying like most scrubs.

However I've I had issues since.

1. Applying any product after stings. I use gentle mostly all natural products and they stung bad afterward when normally they don't. I think this scrub was harsher than I realized and cause tiny tears in my skin like the old apricot scrub used to do.
2. I broke out. Within two days I'd have angry skin. I think this made the acid mantle weaker.

I wanted to like this scrub but I just don't.