LANEIGE BB Cushion Whitening SPF 50 PA

LANEIGE BB Cushion Whitening SPF 50  PA
Laneige BB cushion (whitening)BB Cushion Whitening SPF 50  PA   BB Cushion Whitening SPF 50  PA

4.3

on 4/10/2019 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received a sample for free and was excited to try it.

Didn't impress:
- really hard to apply even with the tiny cushion comes with it
- doesn't really set into my skin even with ~5 min of pressing and buffering; rendering a masky looking even with the right color
- conceals better than expected (but that was after layering and layering)
- flakes on my forehead, despite i have applied moisturizer and serum

will not buy the full size. In general, I am quite skeptical about cushion products for sanitary reasons (you can wash the applicator, but not the cushion itself). Plus, cushion bb usually comes with less product comparing to normal foundation in a bottle (10-20g vs 30ml) and tend to dry out quickly. I will stick with my EL double wear.

Oh my god, I love this cushion sooo much. I'm constantly on the lookout for subtle foundations as I'm a guy who is just asking for makeup that enhances my skin and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing any makeup at all; just saying, this battle is so much harder for a guy. So to do that, I try to find bb creams and whatnot and using much less of the product to do and this product makes that sooo easy. Just one layer does a great job of lighting up my imperfections and it does such a good job of hiding my pores, literally making my skin but better, and not through concealing everything and making it makeup obvious.

I found this quite recently after applying many layers frequently and found that it causes more room for makeup errors; looking too shiny/cakey and the whitening effect really ghosts out your appearance when you apply too much; that or this shade is too light for me. The packaging is also so so great, I've tried Clio's cushion and it made realise and miss Laneige's amazing design choices; the cushion being the exact size of the container so it doesn't move around, sturdy construction and such a cute, professional and polished design also a holographic cover!

I don't know if this was on purpose but I am a bit of a neat freak in that I hate when foundation or any product on cosmetics gets on the packaging, and the cushion doesn't have any annoying areas that make it hard to clean, which I love. I hope this doesn't come off as me absolutely hailing the product but it has really impressed me after a strenuous battle to find my HG subtle foundation.

on 1/24/2019 12:38:00 AM

I purchased a mini version of this because I was so intrigued by it & finally succumbed to it.

Living in the tropics, humid climate. Oily combo skin type, acne prone/slight blemishes currently. Currently an NC25-30 skin tone. Using shade 23 Sand which happens to be a good match.

I have tried initial application with the cushion sponge but I found that it kind of sticks to my skin in a not nice way. Did not like the texture that it looked on my skin afterwards.

Afterwards I switched to applying the product with a beauty blender & preferred the finish much, much better. The shade blends really well into my skin. I don’t have much to cover in general except my cheeks which have blemishes, so I applied the most from the cheek area and outwards.

Surprisingly it also concealed my pore areas nicely. It almost feels like skin. I almost regret that I did not try it earlier!

Coverage wise, light-medium coverage, and buildable with a natural finish. If you have oily combo skin type like me, best bet is to set the product and it can last for a good 6-8 hrs without coming off. I’m not a fan of touch ups, but this is great as the packaging is compact.

If you prefer heavier coverage, this might not be for you. You may still need to use a fair bit of concealer to achieve a fuller coverage.

In terms of “whitening” properties, I’m not sure if this has it, I haven’t really noticed much. But it’s definitely something that I would possibly repurchase at a full size version!

Really really pleased. I think I’m going back to using Kbeauty products.

Hope this helps!

on 9/20/2018 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My HG. The only brand that i love from k-beauty. It's not a full coverage just light to medium like your skin but better. The whitening version give me a nice glow, hydrated skin and it lasts all day even when i live in humid country. It comes with a refill so it's not expensive, not at all. Also this cushion doesn't give your skin a orange tint like other bb cream, i set it with dior loose powder and my skin looks good all day long. And one more things that i really love that other cushions dried out my skin after removing my makeup but this one doesn't even when i use the same makeup remover. edited : just use a thin layer of this or it will be cakey

on 8/27/2018 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used Laneige a few years back, and took a break from the brand to try out Fenty Beauty and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I must say that returning to this bb cushion reminds me why I started using it in the first place. I have oily-combination skin that's very sensitive, and I experience dryness every now and then.

Pros:
- Brightening: this formula goes on without any darkening throughout the day. My skin looks SO good, even during periods of long wear. It keeps my skin consistently bright with a healthy glow.
- Heat/humidity-resistent: stays on through heat, humidity, etc.
- Long-wear: I generally hate touching up my foundation (I don't bother carrying my makeup with me), and this one really stays put. The only thing I do is to blot my face over the course of the day, and it looks as good as new.
- Blendable: the formula allows me to use the cushion OR my fingers, which I prefer since it gives me more control. Either work just as well.

Cons:
- On days when it's extremely hot, my rosacea does peek through, though it doesn't bother me too much. But I just had to put it out there. :)
- It's pretty pricey, as all Laneige products are. But if I were to compare it to my Estee Lauder double wear foundation, it is comparably cheaper, and works just as well (if not better). Like the other review mentioned, I'm not sure if the price is justifiable. I usually get mine when there's a sale.

Tips:
* Always moisturise before applying this foundation. It tends to be really drying upon application (highlighting dry patches, etc), and only starts getting glowy/dewy when your natural face oils kick in. If you don't like the feeling of an oily skin surface as a result of your moisturiser, try a moisturising milk cleanser before putting this BB cream on. The moisturising milk cleanser I use is from MUJI, and it works like a charm with this product.

on 5/27/2018 8:25:00 PM

Laneige is one of the more expensive Korean beauty brands that have been popular in recent years. I got this cushion last year as I wanted something lightweight and portable, so I could take it with me for touch-ups in the summer heat. I was also drawn in by the better shade range available than most other BB creams & cushions on the market, and truth be told this was probably the main thing that got me to buy it. I'm sure for Koreans it's easier to find BB creams to suit you when you can use testers in store and samples, so the limited range is less of a concern. But for those of us without easy physical access to BB creams and cushions, it's always a bit of a gamble over whether the colour will be OK or not.

I paid around £20 for this, as part of a group order for several other things, and chose shade 11C as I'm pale with cooler undertones. I also bought the same shade in their Pore Control BB cushion range too. I have oily skin and thought initially that the pore control would be better but reviews were always better for the brightening one. Both came with a spare refill and puff in the box.

This version went on quite sheer, it's definitely a lighter coverage foundation that is just about buildable to medium coverage with some effort. This is one of those products for when you're having a good skin day, but the finish is very natural and dewy, giving a fresh-faced look - although with powder on it goes to a semi-matte finish which I prefer. It's nice in summer as it's not heavy at all. You will still need to use blotting papers if you have oily skin as it does nothing to control oil. I also think the "whitening" is a misnomer as there are no bleaching ingredients in it - I think it refers to the bright and dewy "glowy" finish on the skin instead. What's quite nice about this is that when I retouch areas during the day, it goes on nicely and doesn't give that awful cakey texture on overlapping areas of still fully covered skin and the part you're reapplying it to.

In terms of staying power - this is a sheer, moist and lightweight product so it doesn't last that long - I typically need to retouch a few areas around the 5-6hour mark. Each cushion is also only 15g, it does come with a refill but I still think it tends to run out fairly quickly even when flipping the cushion over in the pan. The pore control one is higher coverage and so lasts a little longer, both in the pan and wear time on the skin.

If you are prone to dryness or flaking, this is the one to choose over the pore control one - as that one will reveal every last little flake and speck of dry skin to people in neighbouring countries. This one is more moisturising and easier for irritable skin to tolerate.

Is it worth the price? I'm torn, as it is a nice product but is expensive for what it is - there are other light foundations that offer better value. What does go in its favour is the colour which is an almost perfect match on me, and the convenience of it being in a portable cushion compact, making it easy to carry around for retouching purposes. I suppose what it comes down to is whether that factors into your criteria for buying a new foundation - but if it does, this is a nice cushion foundation as far as cushions go.

on 3/2/2018 11:09:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I live in a humid area and I tend to get oily throughout the day but it doesn’t get cakey or separate at all. In fact I feel that it looks better as the day goes by.
It covers up large pores, smooths out imperfections. Makes your skin dewy and glowy and you can achieve the Korean glass skin effect.
I have worn this out for 12 hours before and the make up did not rub off.
Doesn’t clog my pores, doesn’t feel heavy unlike other foundations/B.B. creams I’ve tried

However it is light coverage and it does not cover up any of my acne scars so I will have to go in with another concealer. It smoothens out the skintone and redness only.

The price point is worth it to me as you get a refill package. Plus the quality of this stuff is just amazing. One packet has lasted me for around 9months (I don’t use it everyday, maybe 2x a week only). Remember to flip the cushion over for more product!

on 9/22/2017 5:30:00 AM

The finish is nice. It gives me a dewy complexion and I can fake naturally healthy skin but it all ends there because the coverage is so sheer I wouldn't even call this makeup. I will wear this for casual days when I need a natural no makeup look like sports or visit to a family or friend's place. But it will not work with more formal occasions when you want to really look polished. And I don't think the cushion will last more than a month if I use everyday. #21 works nice with my NC20 tone. You can hardly notice me wearing makeup. I hope I can try the anti-aging version once I'm done with this.
**UPDATE: I tried using my artiaum sponge that came with the cream foundation. The texture is softer and it picks up this bb cushion much better giving my skin a more even coverage. I recommend to pre-wash the sponge with some soap and water first before using so that it softens the texture. Else it is very hard and will not spread as well.

on 8/14/2017 11:50:00 PM

A little breakdown before we get started:
- 21, caucasian
- PALE, almost as though I were a natural-redhead
- dehydrated, oily skin in my t-zone, normal in cheeks
- combination, acne prone

I am OBSESSED with cushion foundations. The puffs are easy to clean (super multi-use too, try it with blush, highlighter, etc. cream formula or not!), and the application is simple as well. First off, NO idea why people keep saying Laniege cushions are expensive. I always get mine on ebay for $13~... The coverage is buildable, and they have tons of shades! Love the finish, not too shiny nor matte, smells delicious too. The only bummer is if you really want full coverage, it takes awhile to build, and I feel it dries out quite quickly. For now it's my HG cushion, but i'm always on the search for more!

on 6/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this whitening cusion in the holiday edition and it's the most beautiful packaging ever! I bought shade 21, which is a close match to my NC 20-25 skintone, but it is a tiny bit too light. This cushion makes my skin look really healthy and dewy, which I like. Coverage is light/medium but buildable without looking cakey. However, this cusion is not very long wearing and after 4 hours the foundation starts to wear off around my mouth, nose and chin. It also isn't oil controlling. In addition, my cushion didn't seem to contain much product. And I really don't use a lot of foundation! After using it for 2 weeks, I have to flip the cushion every time I use it. Otherwise I can't get the product on the puff. My sister didn't seem to have the same problem so maybe I just got a faulty cushion? Anyway, I don't think I'll repurchase the whitening version, but I might try the pore control.