Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

3.6

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used it in the shower for a while whenever I needed to exfoliate but it didn't really impress me.
Then I had a chin breakout (not sure why yet, but not because of this) so I started washing my face more at the sink. Because of all the spot treatments my pimples and this he skin around became dry and flaky so I used this to see if it would help. While I'm not sure how much it affected my break out because of all the other stuff Ibe been using, I can say that it left my face super soft when I took the time to slowly massage it into my face. My face is finally clearing up and I believe this had at least a little to do with it.
Note to self...dont try new face products at the same time because then you won't know which one left your chin a mess, dummy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use and enjoy a lot of Garnier products, but this is a miss for me. This is a fairly gentle mechanical scrub, but I still found it irritating--because of its strong fragrance. Seriously, it smells like a teenage boy's shower gel. If they removed the scent, I might try this again because I do like to keep a cheap but gentle mechanical scrub on hand for those days when my flakies are out of control. Until then, I'll pass.

on 11/27/2016 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am also one of the poor unfortunate souls that broke out from this cleansing scrub. It has a strong fragrance and contains 2% salicyclic acid plus micro-scrubbing beads.

on 7/31/2016 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I really liked this little guy. I started using right after breakout around my nose. Helped to clear my skin up pretty fast. Skin doesn't feel overly stripped after use. Very easy to wash off so you're not stuck with little particles on face. Affordable, easy to find, definitely will be repurchased. I didn't notice a scent, but there may have been a one. If so, it's definitely not overwhelming.

on 6/19/2016 7:08:00 PM

A little background:
I've had acne for 10 years. It started when I was 11 and I still have it at 21. From ages 11-17 my acne was severe and from 17-21 I now thankfully have very mild acne. I still have lots of acne scars and hyperpigmentation but hardly any breakouts.

Anyway, I started using this scrub about a year ago and I love it! My previous face wash just wasn't doing it for me anymore so I shopped around and tried at least 5 or 6 different drug store face wash's and then I found this one and I absolutely love it. They're always changing the formula and texture to see what works better but the actual ingredient list never changes and every time they change it it just gets better and better. (ps my face never breaks out from the changes)

My skin most definitely got way better after I started using this cleanser, my acne went from mild/moderate to just mild. I hardly ever get break outs and when I do this face wash clears them right up. Let's say this, I used to be really embarrassed to go out without makeup on, I would wear it every single day no matter what and in the past year while using this face wash that's completely changed. Now I put on makeup maybe once a month but I feel just fine without it. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for around a year and have repurchased many times. For me, it prevents breakouts and I have not had a single pimple since using it. Before issuing this, I had mild acne but this immedietly deminished then eliminated that problem and has ever since then. It is drying but I like that, it means it's really doing its job. Just make sure to moisturize well after.

Oh man, I have dry and VERY sensitive skin. I get acne a lot from products that don't work for my skin. I have tried A LOT & I mean ALOT of products. First of all the st ives apricot scrub I believe is what it's called. That apricot scrub was the worst decision I have made in my life! The garnier black head scrub is a huge deal for me because I have NEVER went on a second bottle/tube/jar of a facewash/cleanser. Sometimes I would only use up 1/10 of a product or half at the most but never a full bottle and purchase another brand or type of cleanser but, that has never happened with this one. I absolutely love this face wash. It is gentle enough for my very sensitive & acne prone skin, it is the perfect for blackheads. I haven't had acne since I started using this product. I always get compliment on my skin. I used to wear makeup often before but mot anymore. I never had severely bad acne, just some here and there from reaction to other products. But I still used to wear makeup. But I am so happy and proud to say because of this cleanser I do not wear makeup except for on special occasions ONLY. I'm on to my second tube of this cleanser and in fact I'm almost out of it too. Will be purchasing my 3rd tube very soon!!!

I have very acne prone skin. Im always breaking out lol. Plus I have some blackheads on my nose and chin. I have always used the st ives apricot scrub and it was very harsh on my Face and broke me out even more. Lets just say I've used a lot of can treatments and none of them have worked. So anyways I tried the garnier charcoal scrub and omg its amazing. I really didn't expect anything from it tho. I was thinking about how people are saying charcoal is good for ur skin so I gave it a go. Let me tell u I been us in this for 3 days now and notice a huge difference. My blackheads are gone and y acne is going away. Im not a huge fan of how thin the formula is. I have to use a little more than I wanted to make it thick. And I dont mind the smell but its not my favorite. But hey as long as its doin good on my skin and helping me out im good lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin (hormonal) & I like to use this to wash off my makeup. I have very few blackheads now, Ive been using this product for almost a year! I keep repurchasing and use it alongside the St Ive apricot scrub with following this face wash. My skin isnt sensitive at all, so using two exfoliating products doesnt do me harm. Never forget to moisturize :D

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally did a number on my skin! The morning after my first use my skin was terribly broken out. I used it for three more days...huge mistake! I havent had my skin break out this bad in years! Im sticking to my apricot scrub.