Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

3.6

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance.

on 6/19/2016 7:08:00 PM

A little background:
I've had acne for 10 years. It started when I was 11 and I still have it at 21. From ages 11-17 my acne was severe and from 17-21 I now thankfully have very mild acne. I still have lots of acne scars and hyperpigmentation but hardly any breakouts.

Anyway, I started using this scrub about a year ago and I love it! My previous face wash just wasn't doing it for me anymore so I shopped around and tried at least 5 or 6 different drug store face wash's and then I found this one and I absolutely love it. They're always changing the formula and texture to see what works better but the actual ingredient list never changes and every time they change it it just gets better and better. (ps my face never breaks out from the changes)

My skin most definitely got way better after I started using this cleanser, my acne went from mild/moderate to just mild. I hardly ever get break outs and when I do this face wash clears them right up. Let's say this, I used to be really embarrassed to go out without makeup on, I would wear it every single day no matter what and in the past year while using this face wash that's completely changed. Now I put on makeup maybe once a month but I feel just fine without it. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for around a year and have repurchased many times. For me, it prevents breakouts and I have not had a single pimple since using it. Before issuing this, I had mild acne but this immedietly deminished then eliminated that problem and has ever since then. It is drying but I like that, it means it's really doing its job. Just make sure to moisturize well after.

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

Oh man, I have dry and VERY sensitive skin. I get acne a lot from products that don't work for my skin. I have tried A LOT & I mean ALOT of products. First of all the st ives apricot scrub I believe is what it's called. That apricot scrub was the worst decision I have made in my life! The garnier black head scrub is a huge deal for me because I have NEVER went on a second bottle/tube/jar of a facewash/cleanser. Sometimes I would only use up 1/10 of a product or half at the most but never a full bottle and purchase another brand or type of cleanser but, that has never happened with this one. I absolutely love this face wash. It is gentle enough for my very sensitive & acne prone skin, it is the perfect for blackheads. I haven't had acne since I started using this product. I always get compliment on my skin. I used to wear makeup often before but mot anymore. I never had severely bad acne, just some here and there from reaction to other products. But I still used to wear makeup. But I am so happy and proud to say because of this cleanser I do not wear makeup except for on special occasions ONLY. I'm on to my second tube of this cleanser and in fact I'm almost out of it too. Will be purchasing my 3rd tube very soon!!!

I have very acne prone skin. Im always breaking out lol. Plus I have some blackheads on my nose and chin. I have always used the st ives apricot scrub and it was very harsh on my Face and broke me out even more. Lets just say I've used a lot of can treatments and none of them have worked. So anyways I tried the garnier charcoal scrub and omg its amazing. I really didn't expect anything from it tho. I was thinking about how people are saying charcoal is good for ur skin so I gave it a go. Let me tell u I been us in this for 3 days now and notice a huge difference. My blackheads are gone and y acne is going away. Im not a huge fan of how thin the formula is. I have to use a little more than I wanted to make it thick. And I dont mind the smell but its not my favorite. But hey as long as its doin good on my skin and helping me out im good lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin (hormonal) & I like to use this to wash off my makeup. I have very few blackheads now, Ive been using this product for almost a year! I keep repurchasing and use it alongside the St Ive apricot scrub with following this face wash. My skin isnt sensitive at all, so using two exfoliating products doesnt do me harm. Never forget to moisturize :D

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally did a number on my skin! The morning after my first use my skin was terribly broken out. I used it for three more days...huge mistake! I havent had my skin break out this bad in years! Im sticking to my apricot scrub.

So I guess they've rebranded. I bought this
but it's called Garnier Clean+ Impurities Eliminating Scrub. I really only bought this because I've been really interested in trying anything with Charcoal. I have normal skin, oily t zone.. I get a lot of white heads especially on my chin. I use this daily, sometimes twice a day, and I have not noticed it drying out my skin at all. My pores are definitely smaller, and the issues I was having on my chin are 90% better after using this for only a week, and no new breakouts! It's even helping some cystic acne I was getting (hormonal.. Gotta love coming off birth control). I personally find it very gentle... Probably because I switched to this from the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. The smell is very pleasant and gender neutral I will definitely be repurchasing this!

on 9/12/2015 5:45:00 PM

Let me preface this by saying I am NOT prone to pimples or acne-- in that aspect, I'm very fortunate. I do, however, get little blackheads on my nose and below my chin. I was really excited to try this out because typically I'm a fan of Garnier products. After using this for only a week, the only thing I can say I like about this scrub is the scent.
One week later though, I am COVERED in pimples. Some really small ones around my mouth, and on my chin and forehead I have those super deep, painful ones that refuse to go away. My skin is not especially sensitive, so I'm really surprised that I'm having this problem. I stopped using the scrub immediately, I'm throwing it out.

on 8/25/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have normal skin, and I hadn't had many pimples at all lately my skin was very clear. I normally use the St. Ives apricot scrub, but I couldn't find it, so I found this that I'd only used once before because it broke me out, but I figured I'd give it a try again because I couldn't find my other face wash. I used it 6 times (3 days 3 nights) and I've been breaking out like crazy, it also gave me a terrible rash all over my cheeks. My skin isn't normally sensitive but I would not recommend this product.

on 8/24/2015 1:54:00 PM

I was using this scrub every other day and I noticed that my blackheads are disappearing! it's amazing!! I got a sample of this and I wasn't expecting too much from it in the beginning. This scrub smells pretty good and it doesn't feel too harsh on the skin. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and my blackheads are a lot less or they got smaller! Definitely recommend and I'll probably go buy a full size later.