2.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 years ago

I have been using this shampoo with the matching leave-in spray treatment for about three months. You must leave this on the scalp for 3-5 minutes for it to work. I did not notice any increase in hair growth but this did seem to minimize hair shedding when used on a daily basis. This smells like clover flowers which I do not like and is very drying on my hair and scalp.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3.0

5 years ago

I bought this shampoo thinking it would help with my hair loss. It's right at the front in the middle where I'm losing. Very noticeable. It felt very good when I first started using it. My hair and scalp are very oily. Cleans really well and smells fresh. I can't see if it's actually stopping hair loss. It says it reduces DHT and stops hair loss. It should work for the price we pay. I am on my second bottle and I haven't noticed.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

I am really surprised by the negative reviews for this product. A few months ago I was under a lot of stress and for the first time, I started losing A LOT of hair. I was also getting really bad dandruff. I was scared I was going to go bald at that rate. I purchased this shampoo along with the daily scalp stimulating spray. This was the first time I spent so much on a product (normally I get shampoo in the 3-6 dollar range) but I was desperate to stop the hair loss. After using these products, my hair stopped falling out and my hair is now growing back in (i have a lot of 3-4 inch long hairs so i can tell that it's new growth). I can't say for sure whether they actually helped stop the hair loss + hair regrowth, or it wouldve grown back anyway if I hadn't used them (the only way I'd know is if I used them on half of my head and the other half continued to use my normal shampoo I'd been using). My gut feeling is that they did help. However, I've decided to repurchase this shampoo even though it's so expensive because I think it's really good quality anyway and it certainly isn't hurting me. My dandruff has gone away, too. What I like about this shampoo is that it doesn't build up or weight down my hair. Normally I have to rotate my products to avoid my hair looking greasy and limp but I've been using just this shampoo for a few months straight any my hair is still voluminous and clean looking, and I don't think I've ever liked a shampoo enough to repurchase. If you use a lot of shampoo fast then this would probably be too expensive to keep repurchasing but I have very fine hair so I don't use much product at once (this bottle lasted me about 6 months shampooing every other day). I am so pleased with this brand that I have started purchasing other products from them.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

The worst. I bought this to remove build-up from my fine, long hair. It does remove build-up, but in the process it also removes every ounce of oil from your scalp & any skin it touches. The result is a dry, itchy scalp, and the skin behind my ears was also dry as toast. My scalp stayed dry, itchy, & out of balance after 3 months of using this. I finally had to buy a Phyto scalp elixir to correct the problem. AVOID at all costs!

About reviewer (139 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

6 years ago

I bought this shampoo thinkiing that this would remedy the fallouts i've been having since summer last year. Even though it says to use daily I think 1) it is very expensive to use daily, 2) it may be too strong to be used daily (afterall it's a detoxifying shampoo), and 3) many have complained that they experienced more fallout when used daily; hence, I used it once a week. I used up an entire bottle and now i'm ready to review. I don't think this product is worth the hype nor the exorbent price. It did nothing for my hair. it did not strengthen it at all as it claims to do. Whenever I used this, my hair felt weighed down and didn't feel volumous as I should of clean hair. At the same time, I feel that this shampoo has really stripped my scalp of oils and thus my scalp gets oily much faster since I started using this. My hair feels dry and rough instead of soft and healthy. The only thing I liked about this is the smell of this product and the packaging which of course doesn't justify a rebuy. In all a huge disappointment. Back to John Freida Brillian Brunnette shampoo and conditioner I go.

About reviewer (834 reviews)

Age30-35