Almay Intense i-Color Bold Nudes for Brown Eyes

Almay Intense i-Color Bold Nudes for Brown Eyes

1 review

on 1/2/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was hesitant to try this shade, because a very similar color palette I tried previously from Almay was just all kinds of awful on me. Being an eye shadow junkie, I was itching for a new shade so I decided to throw caution in the wind and grabbed the Almay Intense i-Color Bold Nudes for Brown Eyes. The two purple shades looked way darker in the package than what I would choose for everyday, but the instructions said the color was buildable.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that it was just as described. The shades go on light, but build fairly easily, and they are more neutral than cool, so they'd work for any skin tone, I'd imagine. It really made my brown eyes look gorgeous too!

Now for a teensy-weensy complaint:

I don't know why, but Almay consistently includes the WORST applicator sponges in cosmetic history with their eye shadows! This was my first day applying this shadow and I was holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the sponge wouldn't shoot off the stick mid-application and fly off into the sunset (or sunrise.....being morning and all). Come on Almay, can someone in your magical makeup laboratory get cracking on building a better applicator?! (I know I can buy replacements, but I like how yours fits so nicely in the container!)