Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die for Turbo

No Image

2.5

I bought this 2 weeks ago because I got eyelash extensions and when I got them removed my eyelashes where extremely short and some had fallen out, this product got my eyelashes back to how they where and just alittle bit longer. Not a bad product but would I suggest it for this price no but made alittle difference
Price I payed: 110$

on 12/17/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the first lash serum I've ever tried so I can only attest to my personal experience with this product. I have short, stubby Asian lashes that have started to thin and fall out easily as I've approached my mid-twenties. I've been skeptical of these lash serums and this one was no exception, but I saw it at Sephora and bought it out of impulse and desperation. Yes, it's $85 USD.

I'm still on my first tube and I've been using it regularly almost every night and during the day (only when I'm at home) for almost 5 months now. I expect one tube should last me at least 6 months. I close my eyes and apply a thin line on my top and bottom lash lines. I don't notice any irritation or stinging unless I accidentally get it too close to my eyes. Occasionally, it will make my eyes slightly water but most of the time it won't. If you tend to be sensitive to eye creams, this will probably make your eyes water.

This product is not intended to treat, stop or reduce hair loss or to promote the growth of hair. It's intended to increase the appearance of your natural lashes by promoting fullness, thickness and length after 6-8 weeks of use. After about 8 weeks of use, I noticed the following:

1.) New growth of lashes on top of my older ones, where I placed the serum. This was mostly apparent at the center of my top lash lines where I saw baby lashes growing. It was slow at first but after 5 months, they've grown in.
2.) Less of my lashes are falling out. I've always used waterproof mascara and I notice fall out when I remove it at night with my MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I notice less are falling out now.
3.) Very, very, very minor increases in length and thickness.

Overall, this product only gave me a boost in volume via new growth and reduced fall out, despite what PTR claims it's not supposed to do. It didn't do much for length or thickness. I think the only reason why I saw a difference is because I had such sparse lashes to begin with. I would re-buy this because it helps. If you have lashes like mine, maybe consider it but consider the price too. Once you stop the treatment, the results disappear. For those with normal to great natural lashes, you don't need this. Look at the Before and Afters on the PTR website, you'll see very minor differences (compared to Latisse) and that's what you can probably expect. The less you have to start off with, the better your results will be.