Batiste XXL Volume Big & Bouncy

3.1

on 1/12/2018 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love all of Batiste's other dry shampoos, but this XXL (in the powder shaker bottle, not the dry shampoo can) is quite the interesting product. I am halfway convinced this is baking soda or some strange mixture in this bottle, and it makes my hair (and fingers) feel incredibly rough and dirty. However, this does give me great volume (perhaps a smidge more than Bumble and Bumble's Pret-a-Powder) but brushing this through my thin tangly hair was nearly a nightmare. I'll experiment with less product next time, but I'd hardly consider this a powdery, manageable dry shampoo. Be cautioned to use sparingly and remember this will make fresh clean hair feel really gritty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So here is the deal with this dry shampoo, it won't give your hair a gentle refresh for second day hair. In fact, you'll probably think this dirties up your hair faster or something.

Instead it is the last resort kinda of product, like day 3-4 hair when your hair is really greasy and limp, you're overdue for a hairwash but you don't have time and desperately need to look presentable.

Just spray this into several sections of your hair and lightly work-in with a quick tousle to calm down the slight white cast. It is intense stuff, you won't be able to run your fingers or a brush through your hair without some resistance due to the heavy powder content, but it'll give you a matte appearance and volume. Unlike most dry shampoos which usually gives you a 15 min boost, then goes flatter than that gel-slick look, and you are destined to a hair wash that night; with this stuff, you can actually go another day without washing.

One caveat, you shouldn't use too frequently. The potent formula is drying on the scalp and I've overdone it where I gave myself dandruff. Also you should try to wash it out with a clarifying shampoo or else you're dealing with dull and weighed down roots.

I get mine from Superstore, SDM, Winners for $9.00 CAD.

on 12/31/2017 1:29:00 PM

I don't use styling products, but this is a must when I want to look like I have hair extensions, it makes my hair look super thick without the sticky/stiff effect of hairspray or volumnizing mousses. My hair feels natural to the touch. And the volumnizing effect lasts for about 2 days. It has a slight weird/chemical scent that disappears in about an hour. For reference, I have very long, fine, dark brown hair, slighty wavy in texture.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Because everyone is so thrilled about this product I really tried to love it too. I kept using it, but everytime I felt kinda bad. Although it made my hair lóók better, it still felt greasy and on top of that stiff and itchy as well. The smell is a bit chemically but that would be fine by me if the product worked well. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I wouldn't want people to touch my hair when I used this.

It does give my hair a volume boost for at least all day, so that's a plus. Some people say hair needs to feel this rough for it to have volume, but if that's the case then I'm not sure if I even want it to.

I'll try the original Batiste dry shampoo, to see if that feels any different. Otherwise it's back to this dirt cheap homebrand I used to love (Kruidvat volume for other dutch people around here).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My HG. I stock up on this whenever it's on sale. I'd highly recommend as it definitely is a great dry shampoo. The volumising side is more of a slight texturiser but not as gritty as pure texturising powder. Some people don't like the grittiness but as I need any extra volume I can get I'm all for it. I can get away with not washing my hair at least 3 maybe 4 days especially as I was an every 1-2 day washer. Packaging is easy to use however not a fan of spray cans for the environment so would love if they got their dry shampoos as powders only. I've already got the XXL styling powder but it's not a dry shampoo.

on 5/18/2017 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

made my hair dry. left it looking unhealthy and messy.. not a cute look. also its not easy to comb through. so it only makes your hair less oily but not re-stylable(if that's a word)..

on 4/1/2017 4:26:00 PM

I love the original Batiste dry shampoo and only bought this because it was the only travel size Batiste product they had in my local supermarket. I haver super thin hair and it does give a lot of volume, however it left my hair feeling very dry and stiff. I will not repurchase because there is similar products on the market that works better with my thin hair.

on 3/29/2017 12:03:00 PM

This dry shampoo is great and keeps my medium brown shoulder length hair smooth, yet not flat against my head. I use it on my hair roots after washing and drying my hair as a texturizer. It keeps the volume even after sleeping on it - brush it and volume is restored. It works better than hair spray or mousses for me, yet looks natural. Have used the regular Batiste, which also helps with volume, but this is more effective. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/19/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

About my hair: Brown, wavy, flat roots which tend to get oily quickly

This stuff gives my hair CRAZY volume. I literally cannot leave the house without it anymore, and I stopped using hair spray. I just spray this at the roots, shake & comb my hair - good to go.

A downside is that it leaves residue that looks like dandruff. And because I am a brunette I notice my roots look a bit grey or dusty after spraying (?) Anyways, I will try the Batiste dry shampoo for dark hair because of that issue, but I am worried that my hair won't get as much volume as with this one.

on 9/16/2016 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Don't like it. It do its work like regular Batiste dry shampoo, but after this my hair is like... I can't even discribe it. It is tacky and my hair just feels weird. I think this somehow is supposed to give and hold volume in your hair. But it doesn't provide volume on my short hair. I bought it for around 4 dollars, the regular price here it's around 5. So i saw it i bought it immediately, rejected the reviews here but i shouldn't.
Won't buy it again.