COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-In-1 Foundation

COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-In-1 Foundation

3.8

Ensulizole (3%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

This foundation has good Coverage and does not get into lines and creases. Does not feel heavy or Cakey as well. I will continue to use this one.

on 6/14/2018 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For reference I'm a MAC NC42. I tested both 955 and 957 in this range.

This product is often recommended as a dupe for MAC studio fix and I get the comparison. The formulation is slightly thicker than MAC when you dispense and applies almost identically. This is a medium to high coverage foundation and just after application looked great as real skin. It lasted about 12 hours before the was a bit of separation. There's a good range of colours too especially for a drugstore brand.

The 957 looked amazing in my skin but it OXIDIZED. It took about an hour I think to get to the color it stayed. I then down graded a color to 955 which when applied looks an bit light but then oxidized to a color closer to natural for me. Since I'm tan I can usually handle a bit of oxidization but I get ready too quickly in the morning to wait to deal with this. I'm not entirely sure what's oxidizing either. I've read there's definitely a hit and miss with the oxidization for everyone it seems.

I would recommend trying this to see if a color matched you as for the price, quantity of product and longevity it's worth the risk.
And can I also mention it comes in a glass bottle with pump (which MAC makes you pay for separately, and that is half the cost of this entire product)

on 3/31/2018 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this foundation for several years now, I've tried other drugstore foundations and I've tried more expensive brand foundations but I keep returning to this one. I have acne scarred skin and I find that this is one of the only foundations I've tried that actually evens out my skin so my acne scars are much less noticeable. I also have really oily skin and I find that while I don't always stay completely matte after a long day of wear, it realistically does quite a good job and I find little to no caking (I apply a thin layer though, I can see how this might get slightly cakey if you layer more on) and the staying power works well for me. The biggest thing that I love about this is the good coverage and just how it evens out my complexion without having to apply multiple layers of foundation - some foundations even if I apply multiple layers, while my redness might be covered, I still find it does little to smooth out the bumps on my skin. In addition it has SPF and it very reasonably priced, so I think I'll keep sticking to this unless I find something better. My main con is with the packaging. It's great that it has a pump, but unfortunately it stops easily pumping out product when there's still at least 1/4 of the bottle still full so I have to dig a Q-tip to get the remaining product, which is kind of annoying and messy but I don't want to waste it.

on 3/22/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA update - 9.2018 - I have three bottles of the "new look" bottle (black pump with new logo in all caps) and I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think the formula has changed on this. Comparing ingredients on cosdna, everything SEEMS to be the same, but I just applied a pump and a half from one of the new bottles (Classic Ivory like I always wear) with a damp sponge (like I always do) and after I got done, I looked in the mirror and my skin looked like CRAP. Patchy, flakey, very mask-like over some areas where it looked like it was just laying over dry skin. I do have dry skin (gets oilier during the day) but I have never had a problem like this with this foundation, especially more so with a damp sponge. It was so bad, I immediately washed it off my face, and as I was wiping my skin with a makeup wipe, I realized that my skin looked BETTER without the foundation on it. That's a first. I'm not tossing this one out just yet - but I wanted to update in case anyone else noticed this at all. Will definitely keep trying this "new look" bottle just to see if it's just me today or a fluke, but UGH. This used to be my ultimate HG foundation!

-----------------
I have to repost my review - folks HG foundation for the oily skinned. Hands down, this stuff WORKS on my skin. Nothing else does (even super matte primers do not work - like Deciem). I have bipolar skin - my face gets shiny because of topical BP lotion that dries out my skin - so it's actually dry but tends to get oily/super shiny.

THIS is the only foundation that really works for me. I have tried Revlon, Tarte, Rimmel, WnW, Maybelline etc... but this stuff really keeps me more matte than any I have tried. I don't even wear a primer with it. It's that good. I do not have acne, but scars and lots of dark melasma that I have to balance so that my face doesn't look so tan. My face is about 2 shades darker than my neck. This foundation is creamy, but goes on light (I use a damp beauty blender) and dries to a powdery finish. When I get done blending, I normally do not have to dust powder until about an hour after my foundation really sinks in. It's that good. It does not cling to dry patches, I apply my regular Olay moisturizer beforehand, just a normal amount (so you don't need to slather it on for prep). It's not heavy, it's dry to the touch (not tacky) and has no smell, and I haven't found it to transfer when I touch my face. It also washes off EASILY with a makeup wipe and your normal face wash. I love this aspect. I cannot use oils etc.. to remove my makeup. I have sensitive skin and oils/creams break me out. This stuff DOES NOT break me out and removes easily. Such a huge pro. It also lasts all day - and does not settle dry into my pores (create white dots) - it's friggen amazing.

I have found that it does oxidize a bit - not orange or too strong - but enough that you may end up going to a lighter shade than you'd think. I'm NC15-NC20 and I wear Classic Ivory and mix a dab of Ivory just to help brighten my melasma. In the summer, I wear the shade Nude Beige and mix a bit of Classic Ivory to balance.

This is hands-down great great stuff. And it's $9. Have three bottles and will repurchase.

on 3/15/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Update:
I think this might have caused breakouts. Not worth the risk for so little coverage and effect.
------

Wore all day and didn't break down with my oily skin. That's a big win. I had set it with Coty Airspun Extra Coverage. No primer.

This doesn't settle into my fine lines which is why this can be used under the eyes as concealer. BUT bear in mind this is a light coverage foundation.

I would ONLY apply this with a beauty sponge. I used Loreal's and it worked great, smooth application. When I tried applying with a brush it pill and rolled off my skin in some areas.

This is a LIGHT coverage foundation so what I did was spot conceal on top of it with Maybelline Superstay foundation to achieve high coverage ( not full). Most days I just cover my acne scars with the Maybelline Superstay foundation only. If I wanted a light base underneath, this one is a nice go to, as well as Clinique Stay Matte which gives medium coverage.

I'm pleased with it but I prefer more coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for longevity with this product and an everyday foundation. For everyday foundations, I look for a light-mediumish coverage and this can give me that. However, it settled into my pores. The finish made me look cakey. These problems were even more heightened with any powder on top. With primer, it still made me look cakey &emphasized my pores. Without primer, still cakey but my pores strangely weren't as emphasized. Two pros: 1.) With or without primer, I can get a descent wear time. More wear time being with a primer 2.) It also doesn't seem to transfer& get on my clothes or my phone screen. However, knowing my skin I highly doubt this would last on me in the summer months especially if I had to skip the powder &primers because of the reasons I gave for each of them. & I just don't like the cakey finish. Very disappointed in this product. The drugstore foundation hunt continues.

I’m not going to lie, I only bought this because I wanted the pump to use on my Estée Lauder double wear. I had no intention of using this foundation. One day, however, I thought why not? And put it on my face. I was very pleasantly surprised! My skin is currently leaning more toward dry and this did not dry it out or make it look cakey. It looked quite beautiful. HOWEVER, it oxidized throughout the day about 2-3 shades darker. I looked like an Oompa Loompa. For that reason I will not wear this again. Such a shame!

i was so excited to try this product but with my oily skin it just melted off my face within a few hours, leaving all my makeup patchy and shiny, as well as making my cheeks look really red for some reason?
The coverage was pretty good, and it was defintiely really easy to apply and blend with a makeup brush, packaging is sleek and in a glass bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is great, although it's more of a satin finish than sheer or glowy. It applies nicely with just my fingers, instead of a brush. The packaging is really great because you have to buy a pump separately to finish the bottle up. Not super convenient for customers. Overall. this will be a foundation I will repurchase because it makes me skin look amazing. It covers my acne bumps and scars without making it look cakey.

on 2/5/2018 5:01:00 PM

Best foundation out there! Fills in my pores, and covers acne so well. Didn't bother my sensitive skin and lasted all day. I am very pale and have a hard time finding makeup light enough, the lightest shade is perfect.