3.8

$17.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

6 months ago

The good things were that it matched my skin tone and stayed matte throughout the day. But apart from that, I hated how it emphasized my dry patches and acne spots, applying a moisturizer before didn't help. It was medium coverage but it was not good enough for hiding my acne scars. It wasn't very buildable if you applied too much it just looked cakey. I bought it twice because I didn't find anything better but will not be repurchasing next time.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

1.0
from

7 months ago

Honestly, I am a bit hurt that I threw my 17 dollars down the drain. This looks so cracked and dry! It looks grainy under certain lights. It emphasizes dry spots I never knew I had until today (wasn't there yesterday when I applied my tried and true foundation that I buy from sephora). When I apply this, I can literally feel this foundation sucking out all the moisture from my skin as it dries down to a dry powdery matte finish. Looks very cracked around the mouth and laugh lines. Looks all polka dotty around pores. Unfortunately, I guess you get what you pay for!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 months ago

I used to wear this everyday for years because it always worked so well for me. It lasted through most of my day without getting patchy and I rarely had to do any touch ups. I always went back to it after trying and being disappointed with other products. With that being said, I recently got one and was surprised by the new look, but bought it anyways thinking it would work exactly how it had before. Unfortunately, it’s far more runny then what I remember, and I have to use a lot more to get the same result. It still looks really beautiful on my skin and lasts through the day, but I find it hard to justify having to use double the amount. In the same amount of time I could use a higher end one, I’ll have gone through two of these! There’s no advantage in buying something cheaper when it doesn’t save me any money in the long run because I need to repurchase it more frequently. The upside to it being a bit more runny is that I can blend it in easier to match my skin tone, since I’m fairly pale and the lightest shade used to be a bit too dark (and trust me, I have not just gotten more tan). I did recently try a foundation that had more coverage, so I’m hoping that my perception of this being more runny now is because I just got used to a foundation being thicker.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

a year ago

The new formula is amazing! This is my new holy grail foundation, as it is truly transfer proof and feels like your own skin when you touch your face without it sinking into your pores or drying you out. I use Buff Beige (825) which is an EXACT match for me. This had never happened before, closest matches would be MAC NC 20 or 150 in Fenty Beauty.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

I bought this foundation in shade 840 - Natural Beige, which was slightly too dark for me. I tend to buy more expensive foundations from Sephora, but I decided to try this one out. I am super surprised by how much I like it! Good, medium coverage. I have oily skin, and this did a good job of controlling for several hours, but even when my skin got shiny, this foundation didn’t really oxidize much, which is incredible. Pretty good lasting coverage. My only gripe is that, even though I like that it comes with a pump, it didn’t pick up the last quarter of product in the bottle. I tried to pour it out, but it’s too thick, so there’s a good amount of product left over that I can’t get to. Otherwise, I like this foundation and am considering repurchasing. ETA: This is my new HG foundation. I'm on my fourth bottle, and I RARELY repeat foundation purchases. But this one is just really doing it for me. I had briefly switched to a Too Faced one - didn't even finish it before I had to get myself a bottle of this. Still don't love how much product goes unused at the bottom of the bottle, but considering how affordable this foundation is, I can live with it.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I love this foundation! At times i splurge on the expensive ones at the department stores but i find myself going back to this one, since i don't see much difference at all. I have combination skin i may have to blot a little towards the middle of the day (as i would with the expensive ones also) but it stays on. it's lightweight and the medium to full coverage!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Let me just say I have tried every foundation ever made for oily skin, and let me tell you this is always the one I come back to. This foundation is incredible, keeps me matte without the the “flat look.” And looks like actual skin. Also makes my skin feel as though I am not wearing makeup - which is a huge plus in my book! I never want to feel as though I am wearing makeup. Now the old bottles are the blue ones and the new ones are black. In my opinion the formulas and colours have changed, at least within Canada. I use Soft Honey in both formulas. For reference I am a Mac NC25 with cool undertones. The old formula was a bit pink and thicker consistency. Now the new one, same shade is thinner consistency and the colour is much more yellow, which I am in love with! Although the consistency has changed this foundation is very buildable and I am still able to cover my acne and uneven VERY red skin tone with just the use of this foundation. This foundation is my HG, I was shocked to see covergirl re formulated my beloved 3 in 1, but glad to see the soft honey now matched my skin tone even better!! I additionally use this with Becca Matte primer or Rimmel stay matee both great options,along with Maybeline loose powder which I recently switched out for beloved Laura Mercier for a cheaper dupe!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

This foundation has good Coverage and does not get into lines and creases. Does not feel heavy or Cakey as well. I will continue to use this one.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

For reference I'm a MAC NC42. I tested both 955 and 957 in this range. This product is often recommended as a dupe for MAC studio fix and I get the comparison. The formulation is slightly thicker than MAC when you dispense and applies almost identically. This is a medium to high coverage foundation and just after application looked great as real skin. It lasted about 12 hours before the was a bit of separation. There's a good range of colours too especially for a drugstore brand. The 957 looked amazing in my skin but it OXIDIZED. It took about an hour I think to get to the color it stayed. I then down graded a color to 955 which when applied looks an bit light but then oxidized to a color closer to natural for me. Since I'm tan I can usually handle a bit of oxidization but I get ready too quickly in the morning to wait to deal with this. I'm not entirely sure what's oxidizing either. I've read there's definitely a hit and miss with the oxidization for everyone it seems. I would recommend trying this to see if a color matched you as for the price, quantity of product and longevity it's worth the risk. And can I also mention it comes in a glass bottle with pump (which MAC makes you pay for separately, and that is half the cost of this entire product)

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I've been using this foundation for several years now, I've tried other drugstore foundations and I've tried more expensive brand foundations but I keep returning to this one. I have acne scarred skin and I find that this is one of the only foundations I've tried that actually evens out my skin so my acne scars are much less noticeable. I also have really oily skin and I find that while I don't always stay completely matte after a long day of wear, it realistically does quite a good job and I find little to no caking (I apply a thin layer though, I can see how this might get slightly cakey if you layer more on) and the staying power works well for me. The biggest thing that I love about this is the good coverage and just how it evens out my complexion without having to apply multiple layers of foundation - some foundations even if I apply multiple layers, while my redness might be covered, I still find it does little to smooth out the bumps on my skin. In addition it has SPF and it very reasonably priced, so I think I'll keep sticking to this unless I find something better. My main con is with the packaging. It's great that it has a pump, but unfortunately it stops easily pumping out product when there's still at least 1/4 of the bottle still full so I have to dig a Q-tip to get the remaining product, which is kind of annoying and messy but I don't want to waste it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral