Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm Instant Solutions SPF 35

No Image

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Whether I like the way this product looks and feels on my skin is really a moot point since it contains a dangerous chemical (like most other products containing UVA protection in the US) that is only still used in the US although it has been banned by most other countries

@ashleywilkes This product certainly does contain UVA protection in the form of Octinoxate, as you listed yourself when you posted the ingredients list from the Trish McEvoy website. Sadly, in the US, it is one of the very few UVA blocking chemicals approved for use in sunscreens and cosmetics, yet it has been banned in most other countries due to toxicity dangers. You may find this link helpful for any future purchases of items containing sunscreens https://www.skimbacolifestyle.com/2008/04/is-your-sunscreen-safe.html

on 3/16/2016 3:38:00 PM

I got a sample of this and thought it was wonderful, lovely texture and feel and all - until I looked at myself and saw how dark it was. I experimented with different applications but still no go. Too dark.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST BB Cream I've EVER tried! I'm SO mad that it's so expensive (THANK GOODNESS for Ebay)! I have off the charts oily skin and this stuff keeps my face shine free and flawless looking all day. When I really noticed how well it worked was when I went a day without it. BIG DIFFERENCE! Begin with a good oil controlling cleanser and moisturizer and use this as a primer and you'll be thrilled with how your face looks (even 12 hours later).

on 11/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, everyone is complaining about the price. I understand....I'm a makeup junkie too BUT, we're always loo,king for that product that does everything....and we want it for under 10 bucks?! It's not happenin girls! This is a primer, concealer, very even and good coverage BB cream. For me? It saves me $40 to $50 for foundation, $30 for concealer, moisturizer, primer, a product to give me that infamous "glow". Yes, I use higher end items....my skin needs it. I'm 50. I have age spots, pores, wrinkles, dry spots....honestly I could go on and on. I use just a bit of it under my eyes (my eyes aren't sensitive though, I don't know if that would bother someone with that) but it has saved me a FORTUNE! I spent way more on my moisturizer for day that the foundation and moisturizer and concealer combined. So, yes, I'm extreme....BUT! It lasts forever and it stays. If you add it up ladies....even if you are using mid priced items? If it didn't work? Different story. BUT! It does. I missed the HSN deal! Saw it....missed it! Dang it! I think it came with a brush too! Dang! Maybe she could add some shades but my skin is basically a medium tan and I didn't think there was a chance this would work but it did. It melts into your skin and takes on your tone. I can't say enough about it! So, just another perspective....someone asked..."Who do you think you are Trish McEvoy"?....she's Trish McEvoy and she knows what she's doing. You pay for what you get....like Bobbi Brown. Years of work and experience, the rest are just trying to use the least expensive ingredients that clog your pores and makes your skin sensitive. I did the half face for a week while I was stuck inside during a winter storm. I should have taken pictures. MAJOR difference! MAJOR. Buy what you can afford, I always have, I spent what I could get...I did the damage in the sun and have to pay for it is how I see it. And Trish and Bobbi know what they are doing. So invest in your face ladies! Buy what you can afford, ask for it for Christmas presents....my daughter just had first baby and she's been using BB for years....I buy her a kit every year. She uses it sparingly but that's because she can! Love this stuff ladies! It really is a fab product!

on 4/29/2015 8:56:00 AM

This product is amazing. Good coverage, moisturizing & SPF 35. I don't even need to wear any other foundation with it.. I just add a little bronzer/blush & powder (BE mineral veil) and I'm good to go. I love, love, love it. However I bought my first using a gift certificate along with a few other products so I just had major sticker shock when I went to go purchase another one :( It did last me several months but seriously?! I would pay $50-60 no problem- it's that good, but $85???? Come on Trish!

Love all Trish products- they really do what they say they will do! Just fyi- HSN offers great deals on her products. She had the Beauty Balm for 45.00 yesterday and the planner for 164.00- value of 547.00!! Amazing!! I took advantage of it for sure.

Edit, 2/4/16 Yuk. I went to her website today to buy one of her planner pages and I noticed the price went up on this stuff by 50 cents and yet there is still no UVA protection in this so called "beauty balm" --- what gives?!!! Below are the ingredients from her website.

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 2.5%.

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Glycerin, 1,3 Propanediol, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Isopenyldiol, Sodium PCA, Urea, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina (Kelp) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/ VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, PEG 40 Stearate, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Sucrose, Caffeine, Cyclodextrin, Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trioctldodecyl Citrate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Propylene Gycol Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isostearyl Linoleate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-TButyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Isononyl Isonanoate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Alumina, Sodium Stearoyl Lactate, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Triacetin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide.

**********************************************************************************************************

Her planner system changed my life and I love that her products are cruelty free. I love her lip gloss and her mineral powder foundation and I can live with the expensive pricing, however, this BB cream crosses the line for me. Oh Trish! Not only does it exclude UVA protecting ingredients, but Physicians Formula sells the same BB cream at a fraction of the price with one exception -- theirs has UVA protecting ingredients. I would give this no stars if I could. Thank goodness it was just a sample I received.

on 9/28/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Interesting stuff. It is probably the fullest coverage bb I've ever tried. I'm fairly pale, nc20, and the lightest shade looked very nice. It dries down into a satin finish, not too dewy or matte. It was moisturizing and comfortable to wear.

I started getting cystic acne at about 2 weeks, and ended up with probably 10ish by the time I started healing. Mostly on my cheeks, where I knew the product had been washed off well.

Very expensive (~$85)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Let me start by addressing another poster, I'm not sure what bb instant solutions you tried that lacked SPF because this one has a SPF of 35 and her tinted moisturizer is SPF 20.

The product is expensive, but then it's Trish and all her products are. I like this bb cream a lot, I use a lot of full coverage foundation and really it doesn't look nearly as great as this. The problem is I'm finding it hard to justify the price... I do love it though.

on 12/28/2014 11:46:00 AM

This is a great product for creating a light, dewey make up base. unlike a lot of foundations it does not leave your face looking flat. I have combination skin so it is unusual to find a base that is not too shiny or too mattifying. I need to use a concealer under my eyes as well but that is all i use as a base. i apply it with a brush as i find that wayi dont need to use as much and it looks more 'polished' than when i apply with fingers.
It is reasonably long lasting - if it needs to stay on all day i also put on a bit of light powder to help set it.
the colour looks quite orange but does adjust to my skin tone (which is quite pale) i like that it is yellow toned rather than pink toned.
most importantly it feels like it is nourishing to the skin sinc using it i have felt like my skin is much more balanced and cared for. i also really like that it is SPF - i do not like going outside without SPF so this is great for me.
I am knocking off a star because it is so expensive - i bought it in the UK and spent 65 on it- which i think is out of line even with high end foundations. i will look for it in the US when i am next over and hopefully it will be cheaper there. Despite the price i would buy it again as it is a great product.