3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Peony & Blush Suede is new to me this year. I smelled it on my cousin at an art show one evening and I had to find out what it was. It smelled retro to me, old fashioned and “perfumey”, strong but alluring, and a bit mysterious, vampy. That’s how it struck me at the time anyway. To me, perfumes smell different at night then they do in the daytime. Anyway, I bought a small bottle of my own, and I’ve been enjoying it. I do get a slightly spicy apple and floral aspect. The apple isn’t candy apple, just a pleasant fruity note in the blend, but it is a bit sweet on my skin. I don’t know what “blush suede” is. This isn’t particularly leathery or suede-like to my nose, and I’m not great at scent analysis, but there is a fuzzy maybe slightly smoky or incensey quality, which only opens up after the more innocuous opening. I like the surprise of that. This isn’t an insipid fragrance. It lasts a good while, too.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

4 months ago

I received this initially as a sample and went on to purchase a 1 oz. bottle. While I liked it and found it easy to wear during the warm summer months, I didn't receive any compliments and it did not have good lasting power so I would not repurchase especially given the high price for such a small size.

About reviewer (358 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

a year ago

This smells amazing, luxurious, lasts all day.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

If this was a colour it would be dusty pink. Its a very feminine, delicate yet sophisticated smell, not over powering and perfect for day time. Its fresh but has a bite of something which without, it would be bland and uninteresting but theres a hint of something, its almost like a scented powder, reminds of me those old fashioned scented face and body powders with the big puffs.. but then theres something else, the formula doesnt sit on top of the skin, it melts into the skin, the scent becomes 'your' scent if that makes any sense. Ive never had a perfume like it. The lady in the shop gave me a little sample of Lime, Basil and Mandarin and told me that its really nice layered with Peony and Blush Suede. On its own the sample is not to my taste as it initially smells overpowering and like Potpourri and dries down to a quite warm and masculine scent and kind of smells like a scented candle, I like feminine notes and delicate fragrances. - Layered with Peony and Blush Suede its something else entirely, they both merge to create a new scent thats sweet and feminine yet ever so slightly masculine with a mandarin base, its warm yet delicate and sophisticated. It has a bit more strength to it than Peony and Blush Suede on its own, but its softer than the Lime, Basil and Mandarin. Its a very unique scent and something I will save for nights out and special occasions. These two scents really compliment each other - so much so id be tempted to buy a full bottle of the sample even though I dont like it on its own.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

Well, this was interesting, but not because the fragrance itself, but rather because it is nostalgic for me. I put this on and my first thought after wearing for a bit was "This is fresh and floral but I can't say it reminds me of peonies or suede, though it reminds me of something...." What? My first "fancy" perfume acquired in the early '90s, Sung, by Alfred Sung. . Peony Blush is a white floral, but it has that 80s/90s note of clean/freshness. No musk or mustyness. It is says "hey, I'm floral, but I am not just a fusty old rose or violet from Crabtree & Evelyn." Peonies don't really have one smell. Some are deeply sweet, some have no scent. Most would be hard-pressed to say exactly what a peony smells like besides floral. Se we have here a somewhat generic clean floral scent with a tartness that cuts any possibility of being cloying. Not too sinus jabbingly sharp either. It's a smooth clean. No suede, no other identifiable notes to my nose, though perhaps the almost candy tart sharpness was supposed to be apple. But the nostalgia of this thing came to the fact that it really reminded me exactly of Sung EDP, which I wore for some years. A clean,white floral and expensive smelling to me (at the time). In fact, they both do have rose, jasmine and carnation in common. Anyway, I enjoyed this for the nostalgia, but it really doesn't seem to be a very interesting or innovative scent. Would not buy a FB. It's pleasant, but lacks the sensuality and uniqueness I personally enjoy in a fragrance.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Not much to say really other than this is my current favourite Jo Malone perfume. It's a floral as many have already stated but I find that the suede aspect takes it from being too girly and cloying, to feminine and classic. You always know you've got a winner when you stash it in its box and spray it on "down days" - i'm actually using up lesser favoured perfumes currently as I don't want to waste this delightful perfume but I will bust it out in spring when I feel it is most appropriate. I also have a love for Pomegranate Noir which is more of a winter smell and Ginger Lily which is a more night time sexy fragrance...but for the most part it's Peony and Blush Suede all the way. Simply gorgeous.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This was one of my first Jo Malone scents that I bought in the 30 ml bottle. When I was at the shop, the sales assistant was very nice and incredibly helpful! she spent 3 hours with me, showing me how to layer a body cream with a cologne, showing me the shower gels and how I can layer scents after using a shower gel in a different scent. There was so many colognes that I wanted to buy but I limited myself to two. I decided to buy the peony blush suede layered with orange blossom for an everyday sophisticated scent, I wore it for a year, using it everyday and I got a lot of compliments, people said it's so unique and when I told them it's Jo Malone they immediately went and bought for themselves as well. Its perfect layered with orange blossom and it's also beautiful just on its own however I bought recently from aqua de Parma their peony perfume and I like that one a lot better then the peony blush suede however the aqua de Parma is more expensive so it was a big splurge for me. I think the peony blush suede is a great scent for autumn and the beginning of winter.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I bought it as my wedding perfume , in fact i followed saleswomen recommendation and i combined Peony& Blush Sued with Orange blossom . The result ???????? Amazing ,,,,,,,,, Try it you will not be dissapointed.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

This is my favorite Jo Malone scent and I already bought my second bottle. This smells so lovely and lasts whole day.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3 years ago

This is my newest favorite from JM. It has the longest staying power of the JM perfumes I've tried. And even though it's quite long lasting, it's not in the least overpowering. Just a beautiful floral with a bit of an edge, thanks to the blush suede. This is a brilliant year-round scent that's just warm enough for winter but not too heavy for warmer months. I've tried the body creme which is just as lovely and so luxurious. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (403 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm