72%

price range

Reviews

from

3 days ago

I am a fan of Chanel I have already coco noir,Gabrielle Essence and Allure sensuelle but Allure EDP is the one which lasts longer on me and blends with my skin scent so it’s unique!It becomes my personal perfume which doesn’t remind anything else!Coco noir on me reminds mademoiselle and Gabrielle some Lancôme but Allure is only Me In summer I use its body lotion and hair mist and only a little from the EDP because I want a lighter scent.It is so strong on me that lasts even after having a bath.If you can’t afford perfume’s body lotion etc use others with no aroma otherwise they will destroy perfume original scent. Oriental,classy,sexy!Perfect!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

a year ago

I wore this fragrance a few years ago and have recently began wearing it again. I won't even attempt to describe the notes etc, as I won't do it any justice - I love reading the fragrance reviews left by others as they're so descriptive and tell a story about the fragrance. I will just be basic in my description - when it is first sprayed, there is a sharp floral smell balanced with a softer musky scent. After a minute or so it settles in to the more musky scent with very slight hints of floral. I am more drawn to heavier, muskier scents and this just about fits in to the category for me. I will wear this in the day time for a special occasion however for nigh-time, I prefer darker oriental notes.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

a year ago

It feels unfair to rate a fragrance badly, because scent perception and interpretation is so subjective...but to me, it was disappointing enough to feel many others too would expect something else entirely from Chanel, and from the various descriptions and ratings of allure. Mine was a gift...that I gave away after giving it a fair trial. The cirtus in this bothered me the most, as it is dominant (to me), I don't like citrus to being with, and allure has a "strange" take on it as well. Like someone who previously reviewed it, I also felt it was strongly reminiscent of insecticide- Biokill, Autan, Off, I felt it shared a note with them all. True, it was mostly the opening and middle notes where this was perceptible, so I sprayed it on a clean shirt and hung it outside on a windy night (the bothersome note refused to go away otherwise), curious what it would smell like in the morning. I didn't get the base notes, in the morning it was just a sour lemon scent. Strangely, when I tried spraying it on paper, it wasn't bad, there was a sweetness and warmth to it, surrounding a floral heart, I would've liked it if it smelled like that on my skin or clothes. But it didn't. I don't know if that's just me, or a "thing" with Allure, but to be on the safe side, I would advise those who are buying at the counter to not rely on a tester strip alone. The mentions by some reviewers of warmth, vanilla, elegance don't surprise me, due to how mine smelled on paper, but i'm a little irritated that it performed so differently on everything else. It does have a peculiar synthetic vibe also. I dislike using that description because " that annoying synthetic vibe" is so different in all of the fragrances that sport it, so I know it doesn't tell you much. But I know I recognize it from the nineties, probably smelled it on allure wearers. I am not sure, but I think it is a non stellar result of poorly done rose+sandalwood. "Poorly" done in my own opinion because it takes me intense olfactory gymnastics to recognize it as rose and sandalwood, it's not how they're done in any other perfume I know- but that might be what makes it likeable to those who dislike the usual effect of these notes. I do not recognize a Chanel "signature" in this, but then, my chanel experience is limited. I think it might make it likeable to those who haven't had luck with other chanels, but I personally can't get over the bugspray, synthetic, sour lemon on rose and sandalwood compost. Consider yourself lucky if it resembles the paper strip smell on you, it's much nicer! Definitely try before buying. I don't think it's a very safe gift (unless the recipient has specified they like it), it seems to be experienced very differently by different people.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Lasts a really long time, scent is a personal choice, pretty pricey.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Not for me. I don’t like jasmine and it’s presented in most Chanel fragrances including Allure. I find the scent to be commercial, not as unique as niche fragrances. It’s generic. A bit artificial and cheap for the price. Not a bad scent by any means, but nothing to be excited about.

About reviewer (666 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

This perfume smells like heaven

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Clean, warm, powdery and strong. It's a calm strong though. I spritz behind both ears and both wrists...lasts all day...FACT!! I received this when it came out in the late 90s from a family I babysat for. I would wear it to cheerleading and all the girls loved it! I have several others...but always come back to this as well. Any season really. It's heavy...but that is nice when applied right! Lovely classic!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

1.0

3 years ago

I started wearing Allure in the late nineties and have used it off and on , along with several other favorites. I recently purchased TWO Bottles, the EDP and the EDT. The liquid in the bottle has turned colors and barely has a smell . I will not purchase this again. This was a love, but I caution buyers to save the receipts for the perfumes they purchase . There are new regulations on perfumers, and buyers are getting many watered down scents with no warning . REALLY WATERED DOWN! ( Check outEstee Lauder Beautiful and Euphoria , which smell like water now . I am not being harsh - I am speaking truth to unsuspecting buyers . This is bait and switch in a painful way ,

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0
from

3 years ago

I tried this at Bloomingdale's. The EDP I tried had a really pretty, light aura of citrus, honeysuckle, jasmine, and a vanilla-musk base. I thoroughly enjoyed this for the 30 minutes it lasted on skin and clothing, before dying off to a rather harsh, cheap bathroom cleanser note that was barely discernible.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

Another masterpiece messed up with. This used to be a wonderful perfume (EDT), my signature along with Estee Lauder Beautiful. Where has its lovely creaminess gone, whatever happened to its versatility and staying power? Even for someone used to its smell, the changes over the years are noticeable. The current formulation is a deplorable shadow of the original. Nice smell, yes, but linear, uninteresting and it barely lasts more than an hour or two. Go for the vintage or at least before 2012 bottles, you will not regret it!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24