L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga

3.5

Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Mica

on 5/21/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Doesn't work for me. I've tried it quite a few times, even with a different brush but the result has always been the same: my lashes would stick together and you could clearly see the individual fibers. Perhaps that's the idea of "Manga" but definitely not the kind of look I like. The "bendy" brush doesn't seem to make much of a difference to application.

on 5/16/2017 12:16:00 PM

Not very great.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Amazing mascara for length. It also goes about 15 hours without smudging. Will totally buy again.

This is my current favorite drugstore mascara. The formula to me g8ves me both hefty volume and a good bit of length. Applied properly, the final effect is large and wispy eyelashes on my wimpy lashes. While I have found mascara that gives more volume (such as Too Faced BTS or Laura Geller GlamLash) this formula isn't a bear to remove. As in, removing it doesn't involve some eyelashes too. I picked it up in Dark Brown (or black brown, can't remember) by accident. I was annoyed since I exclusively use black, but it turned out to be so great. The real selling point for me was that in the dark brown shade, I can perfectly catch the ends of my browhairs after filling them in, suddenly makes them look like full luscious brows. Again, I'm not combing through like I would a brow gel, but just brushing lightly on the tips of the hair. The effect is amazing and something I haven't been able to replicate with gel. However, it does start to flake off after a full day of wear. Still worth it for me, as it also matches my brow color very well. (dark brown, not too orange or red based)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My FAVOURITE mascara from before it even came out. I was honestly so excited and it did not disappoint. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, give you manga-esque lashes that are super long lasting and only need to coats. I have used this mascara from the time it was released and I will use it until it's discontinued. Excellent product for younger girls for a night out on the town or even daily. I use glasses so they really show which is something I love. Usually eye make up goes unnoticed on those who wear glasses but this mascara does not.

on 3/28/2017 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite crap. As we all know, mascara is a very personal choice, and this doesn't work for me at all. I have quite long eyelashes, but the individual hairs are very thin and soft. This mascara left me with the infamous 'Three Lashes' look. The first coat is okay - very natural looking, but okay - but once I try to build up a second coat, things start clumping like hell. It also wants to deposit huge chunks of the formula onto your lashes, which have to be combed out. I tried wiping the brush down; no noticeable difference. It also left a mess on my lashline. I have quite a bit of a natural curl to my lashes - enough that a lash curler is redundant - but this actually weighed them down and made them straighter. Despite all the clumping, it still didn't really accentuate my lashes the way I want them to be.

Now, as far as I can tell, the formula itself is decent, doesn't smudge, doesn't flake down all over your cheeks during the day, and doesn't irritate my eyes, either. The price is what you'd expect from a drugstore mascara and the packaging is actually really nice; I like how it doesn't roll off the counter because it's flat on one side and it closes with a nice click. It's not a BAD mascara, exactly, but I've had better from drugstore at the same price or lower. I think the problem is with the flexible brush head; it just didn't let me comb through the lashes the way I usually need to to make them both separated and add volume. The brush head will literally bend against my lashes and kinda just glide over one side of them instead of actually through them. Because the brush is tapered, it adds more 'volume', or rather clump, to the lashes in the middle of the eye, which just makes the eye lopsided-looking, in my opinion. But that IS a personal preference; I usually want more volume on the outer edge of my eye, to elongate and lift the eyes. I also found the bristles to be a bit uneven, which, in my opinion, contributes to the (apparently trendy by some standards???) spidery lashes effect.

You might like this, I don't know. I find it quite frustrating to work with and the results to be mediocre. You might enjoy it if your lashes are short and the hairs strong and stiff, I think. I'm certainly not buying this again myself.

Hello MUA,

This is definitely my new and favorite HG mascara. It doesn't flake, smudge or budge. In 2 coats I have absolutely long and clump free lashes. Bat those eyes ladies! L. It has buildable coverage. No smell to the mascara at all. Not a problem with applying mascara to the bottom lashes at all. Definitely will buy again, for the price and performance! Highly recommended!

on 2/24/2017 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The mascara is great- no flaking or smudging (and I have oily eyelids). I like everything about this mascara except the wand. Other reviewers complained about how bendy it is. I don't think I would've noticed had I not read the other reviews. Yes the wand is bendy but I didn't find that to get in the way of applying the mascara. The bendy thing is a non-event to me. I simply do not like the tapered brush at all. At all. That's the only reason why I won't repurchase. Meh I guess I would since the application is quick and the mascara lasts the day but I don't like the brush. I do wear Voluminous in the collagen formula and that works great for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this mascara in purple shade.it`s harder to find colored mascaras than brown / black.they are very limited.miss mangas other colors are turqoise and electric blue.i find them so flashy,so i chose purple one.it`s more cool toned and not crazy funky looking.wearable in daytime.it doesn't show up so much.i couldn't wear if it was so strikingly purple.i recommend who wants to try colored mascaras but feeling a bit hesitant.probably i wouldn't buy it in black.i didn't like the formula so much.it tends to clumping the lashes together.it would probably look very spidery in black. the wand is also nothing special.bendy/flexible brush has no point.i didn't see any help of it. i will buy it again , only in purple.i really like this shade.

on 1/30/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I liked it at first!! It made my lashes looked like faux and it was very beautiful. I used the mascara only for three times until the next day I realized my eyelid starting to act up so weird and it's very painful. Tried to rest and when I woke up, realizing my internal eyelid is getting red (bloody red! Literally!) and some hours later, here I am with an eye infection (internal hordeolum/stye). The mascara is also very very hard to get off since it's waterproof. I really wanted to like it but I can't. Also, it's very pricey (they sell it for $20 here in my country)

Popular Mascaras