Hot Buns

3.1

on 9/8/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is super easy to use. I bought one that had a medium and large size. My hair is very long and not super thick but not thin either. I don't have enough hair to cover the large one, but the medium size one is perfect! It's super easy to use, and takes me about 30 seconds! I wore my hair in it to a wedding recently and got complimented on it a few times. It drastically reduces time to get ready for work in the morning. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very disappointed that this product was unsuccessful for me ): I bought this at Ross today for $2.99 (great price!). But, I got home and tried it out and it could've been successful if it didn't break when I tried taking it out! One of the buttons snapped off on my first try!! I didn't get my hair to fan around the bun perfectly but I couldn't even give it another try! I have long and somewhat thick hair and I wish this wouldn't have broke /: also, it was very hard to take out because my hair got stuck/caught on to the spikes.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair right now is too thin for this. It looks amazing if executed properly ("done right!!"), I bought the blonde one & it's too light so I bought the dark one & that shows through too. I tell ya, girl!! Well anyways if you have long, thick hair then this may be your best friend.

on 12/3/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

HORRIBLE for thin hair. I have medium-long hair and this thing is a nightmare to try and use. Once you get all of your hair rolled up, it takes forever to get the button fastened. The button is not at all like in the commercial (snaps on the ends). Instead, the snaps are little flaps that stick out, so I'm fumbling around trying to find the snaps and get them together. By the time I do that, my arms are tired and my hair is messy already. I try to spread it out and my hair just starts falling out of it. TERRIBLE. I returned mine after messing with it for 2 days. Not worth the hassle and frustration. >=(

on 10/26/2013 1:19:00 AM

This product is AMAZING. I was always so jealous of girls who could do the sock bun. I tried those sock bun foam donuts that you're supposed to roll down your ponytail, but it's nearly impossible when you have thick, layered hair. The Hot Buns make it possible. I did give it four stars though, because the elastic that's attached to it is very difficult to use. I just pull up a very high ponytail, roll the large foam piece down my hair, snap it, spread my hair around and then I secure it with another of my own ponytail holders. I love Hot Buns!

on 10/16/2013 3:15:00 PM

I have naturally dark blond hair that has been highly processed and is quite thin, and this device did not work in my hair at all, unfortunately. I've seen it used by other thick-haired girls, and I am SO envious; it looks amazing. Keep in mind your hair density. If you have thin hair like I do, you will not have enough hair to cover the device and it looks RIDICULOUS. Honestly, they should be up front on the box & note that it is for thick haired individuals. Even the so-called "small" device in the box was still too much foam for my pathetic hair to cover (you get two "rollers" in the box, one smaller, one larger). I'm giving this a low rating because the product is definitely marketed as being for ANYONE with ANY kind of hair, and that is completely not true.

Thank god for this contraption. Some days I just don't feel like doing my hair. Just pull it into a ponytail and roll this down and voila! Instant bun. Easy to use and affordable. Comes in a variety of colors. The sock bun is easier but this is easier.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is AMAZEBALLS! i have my hair up about 80% of the time (esp, when i'm at work or go to the gym) and this product gives me the most beautiful bun and takes less than a minute for me to do! I just use a band to create a high pony tail and roll the "hot bun" downwards but towards the direction of ur face (not back). I get complements every other day from this! Way easier than the donut things i see everywhere (i own one & hated it). Comes in different colors to match your hair. Bought mine at Sally's. You get a small & large one in each box.

Popular Hair Styling Tools