Yves Rocher Sublime Skin BB Cream 6 in 1

Yves Rocher Sublime Skin BB Cream 6 in 1

3.0

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I laid hands on this product because it came as a free gift from YR. Also it was my firt BB cream ever to use. I received the medium tone and I was kind of unsure what a BB cream was supposed to do and also where its limits were. So I drew a few conclusions about when to use BB creams:
- BB creams do not provide full coverage. Just tone, dew finish, SPF, and moisture.
- Given the aforementioned point, dont use a BB unless you have good skin already. If you have prominent blemishes or acne, it wont do much for your look.

Now to YR BB cream:
It is kinda thick, sweet scented cream and has a neutral undertone (not orangey and not pinky). I apply it with a foundation brush. At the beginning of the application it will form streaks and the color wont blend. But dont worry. The color will quickly oxidize and the streaks will bend. The moisture is absorbed, and the finish is fresh and youthfull.

I received the bottle last year and it still unfinished. It contains 50 mL and costs around 10€ (in Spain). The drawback for me is the price, but I think I will most likely repurchase since I am not sure about other BB creams.

I bought this about a year ago and mine has a different packaging so I hope it's still the same formula. At first I didn't really like it but it was mostly because it was the wrong color to match my skin tone (the lady in the shop advised me to buy medium and it was waaaaay too dark). I tried mixing it with other bb creams to lighten it up and make it wearable but it was just too much effort and plus I remember I felt like it had a shiny finish I didn't really appreciate.
However, I have come back to it lately because I started fake tanning and I have to say I really like it! It still has a quite dewy finish (but not as much as before... probably because now I use it on it's own and I don't mix it) but I feel like it makes my skin look healthy. It doesn't have much coverage but it evens out the skin tone nicely and it looks SO natural. Seriously, I feel like there's nothing on my face.
So if you are into something on the sheer-to-medium-coverage side I would definitely recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I liked it. I think it has good coverage for a BB cream. I just need to put powder on top and it stays on. Smells nice also

on 3/23/2016 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have the tube with the old packaging with the leaves on it, they still seem to carry this product with different packaging, and I have not tried that. Once I tried it I liked it so I got an extra back up tube, so I can say I have already repurchased. When I run out it is possible I will try it in the new packaging, unless I find another product I like better, as I don't like to have too many foundations around.

I really like this tinted moisturiser (jumping in the BB bandwagon). Of all the BB and "BB" creams I have tried, which aren't many, shade Light matches my skin tone very well (I'm pale but not translucent, NC10 I'd say), which is quite something considering the narrow colour selection - I don't find a shade light enough in most lines. I'm very neutral toned and this shade is neither yellow nor pink, it looks a bit ashy when it comes out of the tube. It's sheerness is probably contributing to fit a wider range.

I see some reviewers had issues with greasiness. I have dry skin and it is really great for me. I still very lightly powder over the T zone because I like a relatively matt look, but I haven't had any issues. I haven't worn it while sweaty, that'd be over 30°C for me, and I can't bother to wear makeup in very warm temperatures.

It is undetectable on me, and it applies evenly (I always apply moisturiser before I put on makeup, sometimes also a primer). It evens out the skintone but no wonders can be expected of a sheer product. I have pretty good skin except for serious discoloration around my eyes, I have to also use concealer if I want to mask those, as it does nothing for that, not that I expect it from a tinted moisturiser.

I recommend it for dry skin, when you want sheer coverage, and if you find a shade that suits you.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Yves Rocher, but this is not a good product. This was my first BB Cream, I bought it in August last year. I was surprised by how bad the coverage was. I know that this isn't a foundation, but still... It was just like applying an oily mask to your face. Yes, it's very oily, it covers barely anything, and if you for example scratch your nose, it will all come off. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and I wouldn't buy a new one. The reason I gave it 2/5 is because it smells amazing, and the packaging isn't bad.

on 11/15/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the first BB creams I ever bought and I was really disappointed in the finish as I love YR products for the most part. I didn't have an issue with the color or the texture, it was the way it balled up on my face that bothered me. In addition to that, this cream had me looking like an oil slick throughout the day, and when I used a tissue to blot, the color transfer was disgusting! I don't know if it was a case of using this over the moisturizer or what but it was enough to turn me off this product, and I did give it a number of tries. There are some fantastic BB creams out there, but for me this just wasn't one of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This BB cream has an overall rating of 3.0....that's generous, in my opinion.

I've given it two lippies: one for the fresh scent and one for its ability to accommodate us sensitive skin ladies despite being scented. I went through a whole tube of this stuff without breaking out...that's saying something. Everything and anything makes me breakout; I have to go Sherlock Holmes on anything I plan to put on my face.

But, I digress. This BB gives minimal coverage. When I say minimal, I mean like if 10 is full coverage, this stuff is a 2. I realize this isn't a foundation, but c'mon Yves, why so stingy with the coverage?

Additionally, this stuff is streaky as hell. Streaky as if you put it on with a damn paintbrush. I use my fingers to apply my face products, not even a makeup brush...where are these streaks coming from?? Frustrating.

I was young and naive when I purchased this for a whopping $35, it was my first BB cream. I didn't know any better...now I do and I've moved on to better things. I'm finally happy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the packaging as its hygenic and the smell is reminiscent of roses...I like that too. what i dont like is that it emphasizes pores and any dry flecks of skin immensely. would not repurchase.

I really want to give this product some love, although honestly I will not repurchase. You will likely hate it if you do not know some tips and tricks. If you squeeze it out of the package and apply it, you will probably be unhappy as it is thick and difficult to apply by itself; it will sit on your skin like you just applied glue or wallpaper spackle. The trick is to put a small amount on the back of your hand and then mix it with an equal amount of your favourite moisturizer or a non-silicone primer such as Korres Quercetin and Oak, then apply with a damp makeup sponge such as a Beauty Blender. Voil! You will now have an airbrushed look. I do suggest a light dusting of powder, as it can look a little greasy or shiny. I have sensitive, rosacea skin and this product actually seems to help my skin. I once walked from Union Station to Bloor St in Toronto in severe wind and my skin still looked great. Now... the cons... and for me, they are insurmountable. Yves Rocher does not cater very well to Irish/Scottish shades of pale. The Fair is just too dark on me, and has a pink undertone ( la Cover Girl!). Also, it does sometimes look shiny, which I could deal with but alas, the Fair is just too dark for my ghost colouring.

on 2/23/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Yves rocher BB cream is Not favorite BB cream is probably One worst Ive tried
First it doesnt Blend fast is like thick BB cream and color selection in terrible the
Medium One was very light and my skin is not very dark Ive sensitive and dry skin
this stuff just accentuate the dryness it gave matte finish is Not very hydrating this
big dowside and Yves rocher BB cream has STRONG scent lingers on my not fan
plus I find expensive for tiny bottle if youre skin is oily probably will be better but for
dry skin girls skip this BB cream .