Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation
Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Sorbeth-30, Nylon-12, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

The coverage I'd say is sheer, but you can layer this foundation to be light coverage. It's very patchy and despite the very liquid consistancy hard to blend. It sits in the pores, fine lines and every dry spot or texture you may have. I get oily within 30min and the foundation melts off after 1.5 to 2 hours.
I would HIGHLY recommend that you skip this foundation!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always use Korean bbcreams but wanted to have a foundation for certain occasions or makeup looks, and I find most Western foundations too drying and/or too matte. I was checking this at Sephora and loved the variety of shades and the texture: so light, so glowy, I loved the packaging and the coverage seemed fine! I also saw good reviews on youtube. It was more expensive than what I was planning to spend but I knew that I wasn't going to need a new one for a long time, so I decided to go for it. God, what a mistake.
First of all, it looks moisturizing once you apply it but then it dries out very quickly and I get dry patches on my skin, and at the same time it completely disappears after two hours and the coverage is non-existant. I tried applying it with my beauty blender but it basically absorbs the product and you have to use way too much to get some into your skin. I also tried working with layers, but the result ends up being the same.
I guess maybe this works for some people? But if you're not sure, believe it's not worth the risk. For this price you have much better foundations.

on 12/10/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This has to be the worst foundation I've ever used. It goes on smoothly enough, but within 2 hours it's melted off my face in large amounts with dry patches and lines very exaggerated. It literally broke apart on my face. Not good! Returned it..

While it has a very light feel, this is one of the most patchy foundations I have ever put on. Within minutes my face was patchy with dry spots showing through.

on 10/19/2016 12:01:00 PM

In my personality that I didnt like fagrance in it. It just like Body Perfume in your makeup!

on 8/1/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Really light on the skin, feels like nothing at all.
- No scent!
- Paraben free.
- Full coverage (if you have the patience to build it up.)
- Looks really smooth (where it hasn't creased.)
- Doesn't oxidize.

The packaging is OK, like I find some ppl say the pump is too much product but IMO it's too little. I don't really like having to use the back of my hand as a mixing bowl tho.

I got the shade deep cocoa 86 and when I first bought I absoutely loved it because it matches my skin perfectly. But after having it for 5 months I can't wait to try something new because I have an oily t zone it always slide right off it, even with POREfessional primer (but maybe that's the primers fault). But that's something that I can forgive, the real reason why it sucks is because it randomly started causing me to break out and causing my skin to tingle. It really disappointed me because I loved it so much but now it's basically useless.

on 7/28/2016 12:57:00 PM

This is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium coverage. It feels amazing on this skin, meaning that it feels like absolutely nothing on my face. It has a very, very faint clean scent. I've tried it with my Sigma F80 and I didn't really like it because it looked too dry and a bit cakey so I prefer to use a damp beauty blender to sheer it out a bit and keep it looking natural. I find that it gets a little shiny so I'll continue to use up my sample before deciding to purchase.
Update
Purchased and enjoying it very much! I don't mind my imperfections to show a bit, at least not anymore. Getting older and the matte, perfect looking skin is looking a little weird on me so I need and want something to look natural. It covers my acne marks and melasma but not 100% & I'm ok with that.
UPDATE
Purchased the Maybelline better skin foundation and I feel like it's a dupe. I have both of them on now and I can barely tell the difference..actually I like the maybelline side just a tad bit more because it doesn't settle in my fine lines. Will be returning MJ Gel.

on 7/8/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this one at sephora. It was on sale so I thought why don't I give it a go? Because I've heard how beauty vlogger Tati raved about this foundation.

But when I finally got my hands on this product and tried it, I don't like it at all. Well, it does give you medium to full coverage, but it is very cakey on my skin, and I don't like the finish of this foundation. I tried powdering it afterwards, because it gives a sticky feel on the skin. I tried it without powder, because I thought maybe it is suppose to feel that way and gives you a healthy dewy looking skin, but it doesn't.

This foundation is too heavy for me

on 5/15/2016 10:50:00 AM

Don't like application of it.
Tried Sample of it.
Tried actual Jar.
Tried with setting spray, without, with brush, with beauty blender, various methods and still don't like it.
I don't like how it rises to the surface of my skin...
COMBO: oil/dry more on the dry side..

on 4/27/2016 12:11:00 PM

I have been sampling this foundation for about a week, and I am still on the fence about it. I love how thin and pigmented this is. It is almost too much coverage tho and dries too quickly to properly thin it out. I am applying it with a brush, so I think maybe a really damp beauty blender would work better for this formula. It's not very buildable and this foundation gives a nice almost matte finish but you will look like you have foundation on your face. This is not a natural, your skin but better look. The SA also gave me a shade that is just way to yellow toned and my face was almost bright orange. After seeing it in the bright lighting at work I wipped it all off. I would love to see how long of a wear I can get out of the foundation, since it is so pricey. This would have to look more like skin, be more blendable, and have antioxidants or other skin benefits before I feel like the price is justified. Before totally giving a thumbs down tho, I will resample in a better color and give an update.