Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation
Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Sorbeth-30, Nylon-12, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

on 3/3/2018 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried so many different foundations and this is the first one I have actually fell in love with, it applies so smoothly and leaves my skin looking clear all day without looking like I have any foundation on, it has a light coverage (kind of buildable medium) however there is some talk about it being discontinued, and is no longer sold on the Marc Jacobs website, I am running out of it and struggling to find it anywhere else :( if I knew this when I bought it I would of got many more

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my first time buying anything from Marc Jacobs and i am disappointed in this product. i really like how this turns out on my skin but is breaks up on my skin. I've applied it with a beauty blender and a brush but i end up with the same result. it's a light coverage and i like it but i just can't seem to figure out how to make it work.

I know so many people love this product, but this foundation is a no no for me. I am an oily combination. My t-zone gets so oily throughout the day. Let's talk about this foundation in details.

Shade range: amazing
Does it have a pump? YES
Foundation consistency: liquidy but not as thin as MUFE Water Blend, sheer coverage but you can build this one up, dewy finish for sure.

I am not sure what they put into this foundation, but this foundation breaks on me after 4 hours of application. I did set my face with loose and compact powder to make it stays, but i couldn't. It breaks horribly around my mouth and chin area. Might be my skin gets too oily over there? I am not too sure too.

For the price point, i cannot complain much if it is expensive as it is Marc Jacobs. It has a pump which is beautiful.

I think for my dry skin fella out there, you would really love this product. it gives you a nice moisturised feeling and won't hang into your dry patches. But do get a sample to make sure it works for you.

I am a little...ok a LOT late reviewing this product. It has been out forever and even tho I am shamfully in sephora at least twice a week I just never bought into the hype of this foundation. I love MJ highliner and eyeshadow pallette but was slow in trying this foundation.
For some insight, I am 37 with light olive tone skin..my skin is mature with some expression lines on my forehead and slight creapyness under my eyes...I have semi bad melasama on my forehead. I'm over the whole color correcting phase and I am finally out of the stage where I love a good cake face, full cov matte foundation. I have realized that I love my skin even tho it is far from perfect and that the IG skin look is impossible...I also see that matte full coverage just looks bad on me now...ok I'm being long whinned...fast forward...I bought the new YSL all hours foundation and I love love it..more than I thought I would so I decided to see what else is out there that I may like...
Enter Marc Jacobs genius gel foundation!!!!
There is no way for me not to sound like I'm being paid to say this bc I have nothing negative to say...this gives med coverage in my opp and is truly lightweight...it covers my trouble areas without looking thick or cakey...I have combo skin with a very oily t zone.. I can get a good 6 hours before retouching. It does not being attention to my pores and sits on the under eye like a dream...it really does look my skin but younger and better...it has some resemblance to my IT cosmetics cc cream. I purchased a shade that was darker than I needed and I loved it so much that instead of returning it I decided to purchase another one in my shade and I am keeping the darker one for the summer...this one for me is a keeper...i have around 60 foundations in my cluttered makeup station and this one makes the cut of the very few(4) that stay out on my everyday makeup table...the price is spot on for the product...give it a try...you can always return it if it's a fail for you (if you purchase from sephora) or just go in and ask for a sample at least...you will be glad you did!

The coverage I'd say is sheer, but you can layer this foundation to be light coverage. It's very patchy and despite the very liquid consistancy hard to blend. It sits in the pores, fine lines and every dry spot or texture you may have. I get oily within 30min and the foundation melts off after 1.5 to 2 hours.
I would HIGHLY recommend that you skip this foundation!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always use Korean bbcreams but wanted to have a foundation for certain occasions or makeup looks, and I find most Western foundations too drying and/or too matte. I was checking this at Sephora and loved the variety of shades and the texture: so light, so glowy, I loved the packaging and the coverage seemed fine! I also saw good reviews on youtube. It was more expensive than what I was planning to spend but I knew that I wasn't going to need a new one for a long time, so I decided to go for it. God, what a mistake.
First of all, it looks moisturizing once you apply it but then it dries out very quickly and I get dry patches on my skin, and at the same time it completely disappears after two hours and the coverage is non-existant. I tried applying it with my beauty blender but it basically absorbs the product and you have to use way too much to get some into your skin. I also tried working with layers, but the result ends up being the same.
I guess maybe this works for some people? But if you're not sure, believe it's not worth the risk. For this price you have much better foundations.

on 12/10/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This has to be the worst foundation I've ever used. It goes on smoothly enough, but within 2 hours it's melted off my face in large amounts with dry patches and lines very exaggerated. It literally broke apart on my face. Not good! Returned it..

While it has a very light feel, this is one of the most patchy foundations I have ever put on. Within minutes my face was patchy with dry spots showing through.

on 8/1/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Really light on the skin, feels like nothing at all.
- No scent!
- Paraben free.
- Full coverage (if you have the patience to build it up.)
- Looks really smooth (where it hasn't creased.)
- Doesn't oxidize.

The packaging is OK, like I find some ppl say the pump is too much product but IMO it's too little. I don't really like having to use the back of my hand as a mixing bowl tho.

I got the shade deep cocoa 86 and when I first bought I absoutely loved it because it matches my skin perfectly. But after having it for 5 months I can't wait to try something new because I have an oily t zone it always slide right off it, even with POREfessional primer (but maybe that's the primers fault). But that's something that I can forgive, the real reason why it sucks is because it randomly started causing me to break out and causing my skin to tingle. It really disappointed me because I loved it so much but now it's basically useless.

on 10/19/2016 12:01:00 PM

In my personality that I didnt like fagrance in it. It just like Body Perfume in your makeup!