Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation
Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Sorbeth-30, Nylon-12, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always use Korean bbcreams but wanted to have a foundation for certain occasions or makeup looks, and I find most Western foundations too drying and/or too matte. I was checking this at Sephora and loved the variety of shades and the texture: so light, so glowy, I loved the packaging and the coverage seemed fine! I also saw good reviews on youtube. It was more expensive than what I was planning to spend but I knew that I wasn't going to need a new one for a long time, so I decided to go for it. God, what a mistake.
First of all, it looks moisturizing once you apply it but then it dries out very quickly and I get dry patches on my skin, and at the same time it completely disappears after two hours and the coverage is non-existant. I tried applying it with my beauty blender but it basically absorbs the product and you have to use way too much to get some into your skin. I also tried working with layers, but the result ends up being the same.
I guess maybe this works for some people? But if you're not sure, believe it's not worth the risk. For this price you have much better foundations.

on 12/10/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This has to be the worst foundation I've ever used. It goes on smoothly enough, but within 2 hours it's melted off my face in large amounts with dry patches and lines very exaggerated. It literally broke apart on my face. Not good! Returned it..

While it has a very light feel, this is one of the most patchy foundations I have ever put on. Within minutes my face was patchy with dry spots showing through.

on 10/19/2016 12:01:00 PM

In my personality that I didnt like fagrance in it. It just like Body Perfume in your makeup!

on 8/1/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Really light on the skin, feels like nothing at all.
- No scent!
- Paraben free.
- Full coverage (if you have the patience to build it up.)
- Looks really smooth (where it hasn't creased.)
- Doesn't oxidize.

The packaging is OK, like I find some ppl say the pump is too much product but IMO it's too little. I don't really like having to use the back of my hand as a mixing bowl tho.

I got the shade deep cocoa 86 and when I first bought I absoutely loved it because it matches my skin perfectly. But after having it for 5 months I can't wait to try something new because I have an oily t zone it always slide right off it, even with POREfessional primer (but maybe that's the primers fault). But that's something that I can forgive, the real reason why it sucks is because it randomly started causing me to break out and causing my skin to tingle. It really disappointed me because I loved it so much but now it's basically useless.

on 7/28/2016 12:57:00 PM

This is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium coverage. It feels amazing on this skin, meaning that it feels like absolutely nothing on my face. It has a very, very faint clean scent. I've tried it with my Sigma F80 and I didn't really like it because it looked too dry and a bit cakey so I prefer to use a damp beauty blender to sheer it out a bit and keep it looking natural. I find that it gets a little shiny so I'll continue to use up my sample before deciding to purchase.
Update
Purchased and enjoying it very much! I don't mind my imperfections to show a bit, at least not anymore. Getting older and the matte, perfect looking skin is looking a little weird on me so I need and want something to look natural. It covers my acne marks and melasma but not 100% & I'm ok with that.
UPDATE
Purchased the Maybelline better skin foundation and I feel like it's a dupe. I have both of them on now and I can barely tell the difference..actually I like the maybelline side just a tad bit more because it doesn't settle in my fine lines. Will be returning MJ Gel.

on 7/8/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this one at sephora. It was on sale so I thought why don't I give it a go? Because I've heard how beauty vlogger Tati raved about this foundation.

But when I finally got my hands on this product and tried it, I don't like it at all. Well, it does give you medium to full coverage, but it is very cakey on my skin, and I don't like the finish of this foundation. I tried powdering it afterwards, because it gives a sticky feel on the skin. I tried it without powder, because I thought maybe it is suppose to feel that way and gives you a healthy dewy looking skin, but it doesn't.

This foundation is too heavy for me

on 5/15/2016 10:50:00 AM

Don't like application of it.
Tried Sample of it.
Tried actual Jar.
Tried with setting spray, without, with brush, with beauty blender, various methods and still don't like it.
I don't like how it rises to the surface of my skin...
COMBO: oil/dry more on the dry side..

on 4/27/2016 12:11:00 PM

I have been sampling this foundation for about a week, and I am still on the fence about it. I love how thin and pigmented this is. It is almost too much coverage tho and dries too quickly to properly thin it out. I am applying it with a brush, so I think maybe a really damp beauty blender would work better for this formula. It's not very buildable and this foundation gives a nice almost matte finish but you will look like you have foundation on your face. This is not a natural, your skin but better look. The SA also gave me a shade that is just way to yellow toned and my face was almost bright orange. After seeing it in the bright lighting at work I wipped it all off. I would love to see how long of a wear I can get out of the foundation, since it is so pricey. This would have to look more like skin, be more blendable, and have antioxidants or other skin benefits before I feel like the price is justified. Before totally giving a thumbs down tho, I will resample in a better color and give an update.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have super oily skin and the first time I tried it on it was patchy as soon as I applied it. After experimenting because I wanted it to work due to the price, I found that exfoliating a lot and moisturising made this foundation work and look like a dream! This is my holy grail foundation! It looks absolutely amazing on the skin. I found I still got oily around my forehead and nose, but that happens with every foundation as my skin is just excessively oily. I didn't set into any pores or lines, its just beautiful.