Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Sorbeth-30, Nylon-12, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Mica, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499).

on 7/8/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this one at sephora. It was on sale so I thought why don't I give it a go? Because I've heard how beauty vlogger Tati raved about this foundation.

But when I finally got my hands on this product and tried it, I don't like it at all. Well, it does give you medium to full coverage, but it is very cakey on my skin, and I don't like the finish of this foundation. I tried powdering it afterwards, because it gives a sticky feel on the skin. I tried it without powder, because I thought maybe it is suppose to feel that way and gives you a healthy dewy looking skin, but it doesn't.

This foundation is too heavy for me

on 5/15/2016 10:50:00 AM

Don't like application of it.
Tried Sample of it.
Tried actual Jar.
Tried with setting spray, without, with brush, with beauty blender, various methods and still don't like it.
I don't like how it rises to the surface of my skin...
COMBO: oil/dry more on the dry side..

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/27/2016 12:11:00 PM

I have been sampling this foundation for about a week, and I am still on the fence about it. I love how thin and pigmented this is. It is almost too much coverage tho and dries too quickly to properly thin it out. I am applying it with a brush, so I think maybe a really damp beauty blender would work better for this formula. It's not very buildable and this foundation gives a nice almost matte finish but you will look like you have foundation on your face. This is not a natural, your skin but better look. The SA also gave me a shade that is just way to yellow toned and my face was almost bright orange. After seeing it in the bright lighting at work I wipped it all off. I would love to see how long of a wear I can get out of the foundation, since it is so pricey. This would have to look more like skin, be more blendable, and have antioxidants or other skin benefits before I feel like the price is justified. Before totally giving a thumbs down tho, I will resample in a better color and give an update.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have super oily skin and the first time I tried it on it was patchy as soon as I applied it. After experimenting because I wanted it to work due to the price, I found that exfoliating a lot and moisturising made this foundation work and look like a dream! This is my holy grail foundation! It looks absolutely amazing on the skin. I found I still got oily around my forehead and nose, but that happens with every foundation as my skin is just excessively oily. I didn't set into any pores or lines, its just beautiful.

on 4/9/2016 3:34:00 PM

Light coverage, easily build able
Blends really nicely
I am shade 14 Ivory (NC15 MAC) which is quite yellow toned
Matte but your skin doesnt look dull, looks healthy
Stays on for hours and tends to fade evenly and look ok
Imagine it would be good for oily skin, I have dry skin but works fine for me as I exfoliate and moisturise
Great every day foundation
Each pump only let's out small amount so you don't over use it
Goes on lovely with fingers or beauty blender
Consistency is quite runny

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is honestly probably the worst foundation I have come across. I have pretty normal skin type right now. The foundation sits so cakey and patchy on top of the skin. Its very obvious that I have a foundation on when using it. People even commented on how awful the foundation is that I am using.

on 3/27/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Live this foundation! After searching for months, I am telling all my clients about it! My skin feels wonderful, the texture issues I have are greatly diminished. My flaky nose is now near perfect. Wonderful matte finish that ends up turning into a light glow if I don't touch up. Perfect light-med coverage. I love this foundation!

This foundation is a nice everyday foundation (light coverage, build-able) like skin foundation! Only thing is it's pricey for not being a medium/full coverage foundation. I feel you have to keep building it! By the time you know it, your done with the product because of pumping it 2/3 times every use! Also ery nice with photography flash! It's nice to have but there's better foundations out there that has a lower price tag! Please follow my beauty page on Instagram @_makeupfever_ for hauls, reviews & anything beauty related xoxo

on 2/26/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got a sample at Sephora, the color was ok, a bit yellow, still I was rather unimpressed with this foundation.I do like fluid foundations, but this one has a rather fiat finish, like I am wearing nothing on my skin...it is light, doesn't cover imperfections that well..doesn't give a healthy glow or anything like that...for the price I expected it to do something!? Likr , no improvements on my skin..so can only recommend it to combination skins that like a very light finish.for my normal to dry skin, just doesn't look better.
Expensive and to me, not worthy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have moderate to severe breakouts because of OCM. So I'm testing this foundation. Light to medium coverage, can't cover my redness from pimples. The colour, although match my neck and my body, it appears a little pasty (32). My face texture is bumpy due to the breakout, this doesn't make it look better. This instead accentuates my dry patches. Look good in photos but not in reality. For the price, I expect MUCH better.