3.9

$62.50 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

3 days ago

i picked up the travel size of this after running out of my TO 2% salicylic over the holidays, when it was out of stock both on the TO website and sephoras. honestly, i prefer this to the TO formula. not because of the texture, although it is different between the two: TO's is more of a watery gel whereas PC's liquid exfoliant is like pure water. i find i need to use 2x as many drops when using PC's but i seem to be running out of product at a similar rate as before. honestly, i really believe this product is just more effective. i feel that i experience fewer breakouts when i use this product. it could be placebo - i've seen at least one youtuber rave about this formula over TO's, and others on MUAlley seem to prefer PC's, so maybe that's coloring my opinion. i'm not sure enough that i'd immediately switch to paula, but i definitely like it enough that if i were to catch paula's on a discount i'd pick it up without a second thought. all that having been said, in addition to this BHA, i picked up a bottle of makeup revolution's 2% solution to try out as it's so much more accessible than either PC or TO for me. i have yet to try it, but when i run out of this, you can bet i'll be watching my skin like a hawk to see how it compares to paula's lol. and i will be sure to update this review then.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

4 months ago

I gave this a try two times on separate occasions but the conclusion remains the same: BHAs just don't work very well on my skin. This product just simply made my skin flakey and dry without any of the benefits of clearing up my comedonal acne. So after the second try I simply tossed it into the bin. My skintype is oily and very prone to whiteheads. I discovered two years ago that my skin responds wonderfully to glycolic acids, which really clears up most if not all of my problem areas. My favorite AHA product of the last few years has been CosRX Whitehead Powder Liquid - an absolute gamechanger for me personally.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

5 months ago

Really happy with this BHA exfoliant, especially compared to the gel version. This one works just as well as the gel, but it doesn't leave a residue and therefore doesn't make my foundation ball up. It's just like a liquid toner, so I use it right after washing my face and before applying serum and spf. Just finished my first container and am off to order another one.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

I want to love PC brand. I LOVE beautypedia, although I’ve found they favor certain brands & leave negative reviews on others. (Fragrance in neutrogena products is ok & gets 5 stars. The ordinary gets 2 stars bc it’s “one note” & it doesn’t have any bad ingredients) Anyhow. I’ve tried many products. They all seem to cause the same reaction on my skin! This BHA I tried first by spot treating. It was that time of month & I had one spot. I applied to only that area. I had 3 spots a couple days later. And it was seeming to take longer to heal. I stuck with it, bc all the glorious reviews of this magic elixir. I tried pouring into my hand & patting all over my face. I felt greasy. I have dry skin, so I usually like a moisturizing feeling, this was different. It just sat on top of my skin. Thinking maybe I need to find a different way to use it, & after watching so many YouTubers reviewing it, I used it like a toner. Only to the right side of my face. I didn’t notice any change in texture or appearance. Then 2 days later, only that side of my face was covered in bumps!!! I had one small bump on my jawline & one under the skin I could feel but not see close to my ear. Those were HUGE! And surrounded by more bumps. I use prescription retinA, so not sure what the supposed “purge” is about. I have never had a purge. I don’t get clogged pores usually, except from products. I just wanted to have glowy skin! I bought 2 travel size bottles, & plan to sell the one not used on eBay if anyone else loves this & wants mine! I’m giving the one to my mom & will edit how she handles it. I had a similar reaction to the clear bp treatment. And i went through 2 1/2 tubes before I realized it was causing more problems than good. I can get better at the drugstore & save a ton of $$.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

8 months ago

This product is pure magic in a bottle. After just one week of use the results are UNREAL. This is next level even compare to the AHA formula. My pores are not noticeable anymore, the fine lines under my eyes are completely smoothed over. My skin is supple, smooth and almost has a glass like finish to it. This did not dry out my sensitive, acne-prone skin, at all. I have experienced zero breakouts since I started using it and it has also faded away previous red marks. I apply it at night after washing my face (under eye area included). Totally in love.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 months ago

I can 100% understand why this BHA liquid exfoliant has very mixed reviews. It does take time and experimentation to find the perfect technique for your own skin. My skin is dry/combination and I would suffer from blackheads/congestion in my t-zone. Having never used BHA before I was a bit intimidated so I purchased the CALM 1% BHA lotion. I used that every other day for about 2 months. I decided to move on to the 2% BHA liquid as my congestion/blackheads were still noticeable. The exfoliator comes out as a liquid similar to a toner, with a more tacky texture. There is a mild chemical scent which was absent from the CALM one. I initially used this every other day, then once daily. Personally my skin doesn’t tolerate daily use of BHA, it was giving me really angry red bumps and flaky skin. Every other day seems to be the perfect balance for my skin. I didn’t notice much difference until about a month. My skin started to look smoother. I had some really stubborn blackheads on my nose and this helped ‘loosen’ them up for me to extract. I’ve been using the 2% BHA liquid for around 4 months now and I’m really happy with the results. This has improved my skin texture, it looks healthier/glowing and has definitely shrunk my pores. I no longer have angry breakouts on my chin or dry patches around my nose. Overall, I will re-purchase. I see BHA as a staple in my skincare regime. It’s about trial and error, learning what your skin can tolerate and also having patience. I will never use a harsh and abrasive physical face scrub/exfoliator again! I hope this review is helpful :)

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I am glad this worked for so many people, but I would strongly caution anyone with sensitive skin or fungal acne against using it. I have sensitive, acne prone skin (fungal and hormonal) and this was extremely irritating. It exacerbated acne, rosacea, and dryness on my skin, which in turn stretched out my pores and created a lot of closed comedones. If you don't have fungal acne, I would still not recommend this because it is quite harsh. I used this religiously for years and this really damaged my skin barrier. Even using this once a week was too much for my poor skin. There are gentler and less expensive BHA's out there, including others in Paula's line. Both of her BHA lotions and the 4 and 9 percent treatments were much more gentle and effective (though still not safe for fungal acne.) I've used all of these, and had the greatest results with the 4 and 9 percent treatments for the reduction of blackheads and sf's. Still: Cosrx, Humane, Silk Naturals, and Stridex in the red box are, IMO, better and cheaper options.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

1.0

a year ago

I can’t believe how bad this product is! First weeks I woke up being surprised how I could see absolutely no difference. Where was the radiant skin as promised? Not to see in my mirror for sure! After a couple of weeks my skin started to get oily and painful bumps turning up. I haven’t had bad skin for years. I was chocked. My complexion is terrible as writing this. I hate that I am experiencing the exact feeling as 15 years ago fighting bad skin. The bumps keeps coming and I feel so disappointed. Also my skin feels dry and therefore gets so oily. My biggest concern is how to get back to before. I would never buy anything from this brand ever again. So bad!! Whatever it does it can not be good for anybody to use

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a year ago

This is a good basic leave on exfoliant. I love Paula’s Choice products for their simplicity. And that’s what this is. It’s a thin liquid, it absorbs quickly into the skin. Makeup applies easily on top of it. I can use it every day without irritation or peeling but I’d start with every other day if you are new to this kind of product. I am not currently using it but I have in the past and may go back to it. This bottle lasts forever so it’s a very cost effective option.

About reviewer (541 reviews)

Age30-35

HairRed, Wavy, Other

a year ago

It always trips me out when a highly praised product lives up to the hype but I am blown away by how well this stuff works. I've not had great success with salicylic acid products in the past. I was skeptical, but this is now in my HG list of products. I noticed results the first week out and it has performed consistently till the last drop and it lasted for months. I apply a few drops to a cotton oval and go over my face in the morning. I've used this daily for months and it has not irritated my sometimes sensitive combination acne prone skin. The results have been amazing, especially because my pores have been an issue for years and this stuff really makes a difference in making my skin look smoother, pores less visible, even skin tone, few to zero breakouts at all and refreshed. I don't like to wear makeup daily and this product has gone a long way to not needing it. First time trying and rarely am I this impressed with a product's performance, but I'm going to repurchase it soon! The price is awesome considering how well it performs. Drunk Elephant and other brands are way more expensive and don't perform as well imo. I'm clearing out my skincare cabinet so I have to move on to a Peter Thomas Roth product, so we will see how much I miss it.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age36-43