Sonia Kashuk Ideal Nude Nailpolish

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/15/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish has been sitting in my collection for years and it's probably discontinued by now. Because of the new 'nude' nail trend, I picked it up and tried it out--it's my new favorite color. With one coat it looks super natural, two coats and it looks nude. I use a top coat so do not know about chipping or durability based on polish alone.

I don't recall the price paid. The packaging is okay. The metallic cap has tarnished and the brush is just ok--nothing to rave about. The polish itself is thin, but hasn't dried up in who knows how many years since I first bought it.

For my skin, this color is much better than OPI salmon sand (my only other nude to date). OPI is a bit lighter and more opaque.

on 5/20/2004 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't usually like nude nail polishes--but I love this one! It's not one of those streaky sheers or an opaque, but somewhere in between. It's a true skin-tone and looks very subtle and classy. I just wish it would last longer--time to search for the perfect matching topcoat!

on 4/28/2004 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I agree, the perfect nude color. So classy! A must have polish IMO. Lasting power is average.

on 4/21/2004 9:07:00 AM

I bought this last night at Target, as it was mentioned in sonia's book, Real Beauty. (As an iside, the Real Beauty book and video are great and highly recommended!) Anyway , this nail polish made me want to invent a new term : YNBB, or "your nails but better"! I put on two coats and this gives a clean, classy look for everyday. There is just enough nude color to look "polished" and very nice.

on 4/4/2004 4:36:00 PM

Definitely one of THE best nude nailpolish colors I have encountered. It appeared slightly darker in the bottle, but once applied on my nails, it sheers out to a clean, sophisticated true nude hue. It almost looks as though I'm not wearing anything by enhancing my natural nail color.

I have tried all those renown neutral polishes by OPI (i.e. Samoan Sand, Love Letter), and this beats them all. Perfect for those who clamor to fake naturally perfect nails. =)

Note: I was fortunate enough to grab this bottle at its original $3.49 price (cheap). Sonia Kashuk has raised her prices, and now these sell for an extra dollar (comparable to other drugstore polishes)... continued >>

Popular Polishes