Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.3

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Mascara (and sex) shouldn’t take this much work. One coat looks like...well, like I haven’t applied any mascara. 5 or 6 and I’m getting a little volume and my lashes at least look black. But come on, this stuff is expensive and marketed as the best thing to hit the mascara market ever. It’s not. It’s mediocre.

Better than sex? This isn’t even better than a high five from a guy you like who only sees you as a friend.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've heard so much hype about this mascara it's crazy. But usually when you hear hype about a product it's usually just a bunch of fluff. I gotta say that when I jumped on the bandwagon to try this mascara, I was instantly a believer! I've tried a few overly hyped department mascaras before (I'm looking at you, Dior Show) and I was very underwhelmed with results. I have sparse lashes, so it has to be the right formula in order for my lashes to look even half way decent. My first go 'round with BTS was a free sample through Sephora, even with ONE coat my lashes looked full almost as if I had falsies on, I literally used the sample until the spoolie turned white, seriously. My eyes looked HUGE and the product did not transfer by noon. Then, I purchased a full size and I've been hooked every since.The price is a bit steep but well worth the spurge. I love that color is universal as well. Will repurchase after run outs.

on 8/31/2018 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been searching for the 'right' mascara for years. I want a black mascara, that gives me the false lash effect, doesn't clump and doesn't require 100 coats.

This mascara is great and provides me with what I need, when I use it correctly! I only need one coat of the stuff to get long, black lashes. Any more than one coat of it, and unfortunately it does really clump and make your lashes look like spider legs. I love how dark black it is, and it lasts for ages as you only need so little of it. It's a good alternative to false lashes, which don't suit me and aren't practical for everyday.

I really like the product, and would recommend it. I wouldn't recommend the mascara for those that like a natural look!

on 8/26/2018 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got not one but two deluxe minis of this for free with my last Sephora order and oh my goodness this stuff is incredible!! It curls my lashes by itself, doesn't clump in the slightest, separates, multiplies the lashes and builds up very well for as much volume as you want and is also very soft and comfortable. I would not purchase myself though, it can damn well be the best mascara in the world (and it's probably up there) but paying so much for mascara is just a waste of money and ridiculous imo. I'll gladly spend high end prices for other stuff that don't run out or have to be thrown out every 3 months but not mascara, no. But if you think differently about this...it's amazing stuff.

on 8/24/2018 8:57:00 PM

I have a lot of luxury mascara samples so I am always comparing them to each other. This one really impresses me because it really does add volume and length to my lashes. It’s one of the few mascaras I can see a definite difference in my lashes and I will even go over other mascaras with this one if I feel like they aren’t performing as well. I am also impressed with how long this sample has lasted me. It has out lasted drugstore mascaras that were full sized and opened around the same time.

Personally, I don’t mind spending money on a good quality mascara simply because they do outlast drugstore brands (spend $20 on one or go through 3 $7 ones in the same time frame). However, the only reason I don’t think I would purchase this is because it does transfer to my upper lids and I had to reduce it by a lippie.

My “Monsieur Big” gives me the same effect and does not transfer; so when it comes to purchasing a high end mascara, the “Better Than Sex” gets edged out by this one. However, if “Monsieur” didn’t work so well for me I would most likely be investing in this one and wiping off the transfer with a finger swipe!

I purchased this mascara on ebay for a very low, decent price. It was one mascara I wanted to try, but was reluctant due to the actual price. I truly can't understand how this mascara got it's name, "better than sex." If that's the case, it's the worst "sex" imagineable, well, at least for me. This mascara was super messy, difficult to apply, and when it dried, it flaked. It looked terrible! I'm glad I did not pay full price. I will not repurchase. Seriously, L'oreal double end mascaras are much, much, better. Some of these high end brands really disappoint me. This was one of them. I'd also like to add that whoever gave this mascara it's name has a lot of nerve! :(

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I actually have a mixed opinion about this mascara. The first week I used it, I was extremely impressed. The lashes looked spectacular but with the passage of time, I found this mascara needs a fair bit of coats to render the look I want. I use three coats and then it looks fine. I am a little confused about this. I assume that the formula might have changed due to the moisture exposure.I would still prefer YSL False Lash Effect Mascara over it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

WOW! Really good mascara. My lashes look longer and more prominent when I use this. I was really impressed and would definitely repurchase.

Two minor negatives :
1- Can get a bit clumpy so just make sure to scrape off excess mascara from the applicator, I usually do this on the mouth of the tube and then its fine.

2- After wearing it for a long time ( 5-6 hours or more) it can start to flake and have fallout on the under eye. Not disastrous but a little annoying.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Finally I managed to get round to using this last night and seeing for myself what the hype was all about (I have 2 friends who it seems to work great for). My lashes themselves are long thanks to a serum I use, however I wouldn't mind some definition, hence the Too Faced purchase which I got online for $24. Although this went on quite well and just required one coat, it did start to both clump immediately and then flake in a matter of hours. The flaking eventually got so bad that I had to remove it all together. I thought maybe my serum might have caused that, even though it had been 12 hours since applying it the previous night. But nope, same problem happened again.

I think there are some products which agree perfectly with some people and are the bane of other people's lives. Judging from the reviews this seems to be one of them!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/20/2018 10:17:00 AM

After all the hype I was very disappointed. It flaked and smeared so bad I am shocked there was even any product left on my lashes. Even though Too Faced is cruelty free, they are owned by Estee Lauder, who is NOT. Total disappointment.