Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.3

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

This is, hands down, my HG mascara (and I'm really picky). I have naturally long lashes, but this makes them look riDICulously fab. I haven't experienced the flaking that others have attested to, but I will say that the formula seems to dry out fairly quickly. Solution: buy the mini size.

on 11/24/2018 9:16:00 PM

I have been using this for the past three years. I have tried all the brands and this is the best. The only problem is that I have noticed in the past couple tubes that it's been drying out faster than before... I hope they fix it soon.

I deleted my original review, because I feel as I've given this mascara more time to get used to, I actually love it now! The first 2 applications went on so messy, as this is a thin formula. But on the 3rd try, it was a lot easier to work with. At first, I thought the problem was also the brush. But I got the hang of it all, and it is a pretty good mascara! The name kind of deterred me at first, but I just thought of it as any other mascara, to give it a fair assessment. I also got a great deal when I purchased a tube on ebay for only $8 (full size!) Otherwise, to be honest, I don't think I would have purchased it. If I can find it for that price ever again, I would definitely buy another tube.

This mascara has become an absolute staple in my makeup bag. I have tried more mascaras than I can count, drug store and high end, and I always come back to this because nothing compares. It makes your lashes look fake, and does a really good job at lengthening. The only complaint I have is that it seems to dry out pretty quick, and it is a little pricey, and I find myself having to repurchase more often that I’d like. However, it is definitely worth it and will make your lashes look so much thicker and longer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This mascara persuaded me to change from my beloved Clinique naturally glossy after a decade long love affair. This is the only mascara I have sampled that has ever persuaded me to buy a full size of anything other than the Clinique. I really like it and the way my lashes look. My lashes are longish but straight and mousy brown. One coat of this and they're jet black and thick and luscious. This mascara interacts really well with my heated lashwand. I can apply a coat and curl my lashes and the mascara doesn't melt or clump under heat.

The most annoying thing about this product is that it is at it's best at about the 6 month mark. The first few months use, the wand is just so messy with product and it has a tendency to over apply to lashes and clump things up. Once the formula has dried out a bit and the product level has reduced, it's a dream. I apply it and I don't even need to curl my lashes, they curl really naturally as it dries. I wish they could package the formula at that 6 month mark.

This formula doesn't play nicely with face oils. I keep face oils away from my eye area when wearing this because otherwise it can get a bit smudgy.

Yes, I would repurchase but I think next time I will go back to my Clinique because the initial clumping phase is a bit tiresome.

on 11/12/2018 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this! I use this every single day and it’s worth the money. I love the shape of the brush too.

on 11/4/2018 12:29:00 PM

Update to my previous glowing review. Someone must be asleep at quality control because I have not gotten another tube that worked as well as the first one. The last two tubes almost seemed like another (inferior) product. I am very disappointed in the inconsistency of this product.

on 10/19/2018 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this mascara so badly. As a frequent user of Perversion, I was suggested Better Than Sex.

The packaging was heavy, yet you get less product than other mascaras of similar size.

The formula didn't build and smudged on my lower lids. Very disappointing.

on 10/10/2018 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i hate this mascara! i have rather short, straight lashes that i curl. this mascara essentially looks like i slathered liquid tar on my lashes- insanely clumpy and sticky, unnaturally thick, does not lengthen lashes, dries my eyelashes to rocks and flakes off and falls around my eyes during the day.
if you are a fan of the clumpy, falsies eyelash look- this may be the mascara for you, but i prefer natural, ethereal and elegant makeup looks thank you very much...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Mascara (and sex) shouldn’t take this much work. One coat looks like...well, like I haven’t applied any mascara. 5 or 6 and I’m getting a little volume and my lashes at least look black. But come on, this stuff is expensive and marketed as the best thing to hit the mascara market ever. It’s not. It’s mediocre.

Better than sex? This isn’t even better than a high five from a guy you like who only sees you as a friend.