Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.3

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Over the years I've come to a conclusion that the only mascaras that will make my stubborn, super straight eyelashes hold a curl comes in waterproof or tubing formulas. But because of the hype around this mascara and my constant curiosity for trying new products, I got a sample to try and went in knowing that this mascara was not waterproof or tubing. I always curl my eyelashes with a curler beforehand, by the way.

Formula-wise, this is quite a wet and extremely clumpy mascara (it's a nice black colour though). The horrendously gigantic, hourglass-shaped wand did not help with the application - the slimmest middle section of the wand deposited blobs of mascara onto my long but sparse lashes, clumping them together. What a disaster. I had to go through my lashes with a clean mascara wand to make them look somewhat presentable. Also, this doesn't really hold a curl. My lashes end up somewhat pointing upwards, but straightened out (because of the mascara) and only curled at the roots (probably due to the eyelash curler) instead of nicely curled throughout.

Overall I would not recommend. I can see why this is a holy grail mascara for so many other people, but not for me. If you were blessed with non-fussy lashes that are fairly easy to work with, this will probably work for you.

on 2/7/2018 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an overall very good mascara. It is quite clumpy which i personally dont mind. The packaging is quite heavy. It is very black in colour and instantly gives my lashes length , volume and colour. It has lasted me 5 months and is only just starting to run out so that makes the £18 price point worth it

on 2/4/2018 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I returned this. This mascara may work very well for people who have long, thin eyelashes but mine are short little stubs. Several people I work with talked this up so much that I just had to try it; the fact that it looked amazing on them was even more incentive. I simply could not apply this properly, especially to the inner corners of my eyes. This is due to the fact that the brush is just not a good shape for me; it is too bulky and oddly shaped for me to get down to my lash line. I wore it for the better part of a cold, windy day. It smudged quite a bit as my eyes tend to get watery when that cold, winter wind slaps me in the face. L'Oreal Telescopic has been my go to mascara for years, it has seen many winters; it doesn't smudge very much when my eyes get teary and I can like the long, thin applicator. Better than Sex does not compare and is 3x more cash. Money saved.

on 2/4/2018 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample size of this to see what the hype was. Not a bad product at all. I just think there are better ones out there. This product is just over advertised by Sephora and Ulta. I think the design of the wand is considerably better than others. I think the quality is toward average to high. The lashes stay soft after application but the huge negative is that the product is flaky. It doesn’t curl the lashes but it does create volume and length. Overall, the cheap alternative is Maybelline Sensational mascara at 1/3 of the price.

on 2/3/2018 6:40:00 PM

This mascara gives an average amount of length, volume and hold. Compared to a variety of Tarte, Buxom, Lancome and other high ends brands, this mascara is slightly below average. I don't really have many complaints about it other than the racoon eyes it gives you at the end of the day - I won't be using it again because of that! never had that problem with any other mascara - it's like tiny flakes come off and give you black circles under your eyes throughout the day. I think many of the people who love this product probably have different bone structure where your lashes don't come as close to your cheekbones. For me (with high cheeks and fairly deep set eyes, long lashes) it just gave that horrible effect. Won't be reusing this, luckily it was the mini size!

on 2/1/2018 11:25:00 PM

This mascara created more volume and length. I believe the shape of the wand helped a lot and this one does not smudge throughout the day despite it not being labeled as waterproof. It's the best mascara I've used so far (although pricy), and the Benefit They're Real mascara is probably the epitome of worse mascaras ever in comparison to this holy grail.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep trying to try new mascaras but this one will forever be my HOLY GRAIL. It gives me so much volume in one application and lengthens. I get the most compliments when I wear this. LOVE it.

on 1/26/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

There's so much hype about this mascara and frankly, I don't get it. The coating of lashes is clumpy and uneven, and I actually find the brush shape to be a bit unwieldy. What's worse, after 3-4 hours I look like a raccoon - with some black flecks around or even IN my eyes for good measure. All this and a high price...what a flop.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I loved the travel size of this, it thickened and lengthened my lashes beautifully. However the full size one was the complete opposite, it would clump and barely lengthen my lashes, and no thickening whatsoever. The ends also looked really stubby which gave off that spider lash look, and I would find smudges underneath my eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just wonderful. No words. Lashes's best friend!!!