Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.3

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

First time I bought this I hated it. I found that it flaked almost instantly and by the end of the day I'd have little black flakes all over my cheeks. However, I got another one when I bought the Too Faced x Kat von D palette, and I figured I might as well give it another shot. I'm really glad I did because this stuff is amazing. It makes my short, blonde lashes look full and voluminous and covers them easily, it's so black and it hasn't caused me any irritation, something I often experience. I suppose the first one I bought must have been from a bad batch, but it does seem Too faced has a lot of those since I've heard other people complain about flaking as well. So that's a bit sucky. I do find that the wand is a little big and since I'm quite shaky I get mascara on my eyelids from time to time, but it's easy to remove with a q-tip. For that reason I'm not giving it a 5/5. The packaging being adorable is another bonus. I will continue buying this as long as I don't find another mascara that blows me out of the water.

on 10/11/2017 10:30:00 AM

I really wanted to love this mascara...and I have to say I liked it fine but it didn't change my world. The formula is good and very black. I like the curvy brush though it's really large so you have to be careful with it. I didn't get too much smudging like some people say though it did flake a bit by the end of the day. The tube also dried out super quickly, which is why I gave it a lower value score. For that price, you should be able to use the product for several months but mine only lasted 2 at the most.

on 9/23/2017 10:20:00 AM

I've a love-hate relationship with this. I wear this for dramatic days/nights out cos it gives the volume and fullness but this clumps like cray and dries really slowly (maybe cos of this thick, clumpy consistency). For it's price, I think I can do better with other drugstore ones.

This is a lovely mascara that deserves the recognition it gets. It gives a fluttery and voluminous 'false lash' effect. In terms of the look it creates, it could well be the best mascara ever, however - it smudges. VERY disappointing. Come on too faced.. if you're going to make such a beautiful product at such a high price point why on earth does it not have good staying power! Sadly this major con causes all of its pros to be somewhat irrelevant. Of course there are ways to minimise this problem, like carrying around makeover remover wipes (which I do anyway - although I don't usually have to use them) but should you really have to make allowances for such a pricey product? I don't think so!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What sex did the person who invented this has? It`s such an average mascara.
It feels and looks like a mascara you had in your makeup collection for 8 months and you suddenly remember to use again. It does not have a creamy consistency. It flakes on the eyelashes BADLY, it does not add volume, it does not separate the lashes and it`s impossible to work with on the bottom ones because of the size of the wand. Whenever I use this mascara I have to come with a second mascara on top of it to make sure my eyelashes look decent.
The only positive thing I have to say about it that the packaging looks cute.
Stick to brands like Maybelline, L`oreal and Max Factor if you want nice eyelashes. This is a huge waste of money.

on 10/10/2017 9:59:00 AM

this is my favorite mascara!! it's very black and very dramatic if that's the look you're going for. I actually usually use fake lashes but I put this underneath or by itself if I do more natural makeup. The price isn't actually that bad for what you get in my opinion. The packaging is super pretty and very heavy, it feels sort of expensive which is nice.

on 9/14/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I resisted this mascara for a long time due the blatantly sexualized name, but I have to say, I really do like it! It's one of my favorite volumizing and lengthening mascaras, along with Chanel Le Volume. I have straight, thin Asian lashes that get hidden in my monolids, so I'm always on the hunt for a good volumizing AND lengthening mascara. I curl my lashes, apply Shiseido mascara base, then apply two coats of BTS and comb to separate my lashes. The hourglass brush reminds me of Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara and grabs every little lash in the corner of my eyes. It layers easily and I have very little smudging throughout the day, and no flaking either. The metallic tube feels sleek and substantial, reminiscent of the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara. I like layering the waterproof version of BTS to "waterproof" my lashes, but the non-waterproof version is definitely superior to the waterproof (the latter is too drying).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What the? What is the deal with this, it's woeful! Everyone raves about it but I think it's so bad. I'm so glad I only got a mini. Have tried both normal and waterproof and they both suck.

on 9/22/2017 3:07:00 PM

Ok it's not better than sex but better than most mascaras I've tried... People at work thought I use fake lashes. The brush is the best. If I could have this brush and Lorac pro formula Im sure I would finally have a HG mascara

on 9/20/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Sooo good because only in one swatch, my lash looks longer & fuller like using a falsies! But it doen't easily to dry & the price was hella crazy.. it's so expensive i cry