Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.3

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 9/27/2016 1:57:00 AM

Overall, I would give this product a 3 and a half stars if I could. But I thought I'd be nice and up it to 4.

I'm a big Too Faced fan and after my beloved Clinique mascara ran out I purchased the Better than Sex mascara. It's pretty pricey for a product that (in my opinion) is very similar to drug store mascaras.

Applying this is tricky. The shape of the brush makes it a bit awkward to apply, therefore smudging. And it's such a pain to get the sticky smudging off. On the plus side, the brush texture is good, and really does lengthen the lashes and makes them pop.

The packing is really cute but there's a lot of it (the excess bit on the side) and seems almost wasteful. But you get a lot of product.

I would probably purchase this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's been quite a while since I really fell in love with a new mascara. After deciding to stray from Lancome Hypnose, which has been my go-to for the last few years, I picked this mascara.

Wow, I can honestly say I'm impressed. Normally, I need to use a mascara for a while before it dries out enough for me to like it (Hypnose and Le Volume de Chanel are two prime examples of this) but the TF Better than Sex mascara was fabulous from the first application.

It gives a nice amount of volume without clumping, and can be layered for a dramatic look but can still be applied softly enough for daytime use (great for those of us who only like to have 1-2 tubes of mascara open at once). The thing I love about it is that there's still plenty of separation and curl, even with all that volume. It really does amazing things to my lashes.

Staying power is good. I notice some very slight flaking on one occasion wearing this mascara, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

The packaging is also really nice and weighty, making it comfortable to hold. The brush is big but not giant (like Diorshow, for example) but I still prefer to use my MAC Extended Play mascara for my bottom lashes.

Would absolutely purchase this mascara again.

To Read all 700 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/22/2016 8:35:00 PM

This mascara gives you some very dramatic lashes, in all the departments; volume, length, colour, curl. It is a real statement mascara and is perfect if you like very bold lashes. The only down side for me personally, is i do find it a little bit clumpy, not overly clumpy like other mascaras but there are definitely clumps and it isn't the best in regards to separation.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not for me!!!!! I have long lashes naturally but I need definition and separation... This did nothing more than make my lashes crunchy, clumpy and spidery!!! Pretty packaging tho! Returned after one use...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This mascara is BEAUTIFUL when first applied. I have super crappy lashes and it makes mine soooo fluttery and dark and luscious and great looking.

Too bad it flakes like NO OTHER IVE EVER TRIED. Such a damn shame. Within 5 minutes of applying it, it totally flattens my curl, and I'm left with little black dry bits all over my cheeks.

Nope, what a trickster of a mascara. When first applied it's my HG mascara. Within 5 mins it's one of the very ugh less than average ones ive ever tried.

on 9/19/2016 1:23:00 PM

I really really like this mascara. It definitely adds length and volume. I haven't really had any issues with flaking or raccoon eyes. (I do not put it on my lower lashes though). I use a tube mascara for my lower lashes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product flakes easily and as previous reviewers have stated, it gives me raccoon eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an okay mascara. I hate the brush though, I get mascara everywhere around my eyes with it. I don't know if it's because I have a sample size. However it does make my lashes look very long and full and it doesn't flake. I am surprised so many people say that this flakes. I won't buy the full size one because of the brush, it ruins it for me.

on 9/18/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This mascara did nothing for me other than give me raccon eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a love/hate with 90% of the mascaras out there. For years I used LashBlast and it gave me the dramatic lashes I love. But I hated that they flaked a lot. So I've since tried many different kinds of mascaras and even jumped on the Younique train for awhile (their old formula was alright, the new one is sh*t). A friend recommended this and now I'll never switch. TO me this is perfection with one little quibble.. it's a b*tch to get off. I had to go find a new eye makeup remover!

Goes on beautiful, builds nicely and doesn't make me feel like a tarantula eye.