Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.3

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Finally I managed to get round to using this last night and seeing for myself what the hype was all about (I have 2 friends who it seems to work great for). My lashes themselves are long thanks to a serum I use, however I wouldn't mind some definition, hence the Too Faced purchase which I got online for $24. Although this went on quite well and just required one coat, it did start to both clump immediately and then flake in a matter of hours. The flaking eventually got so bad that I had to remove it all together. I thought maybe my serum might have caused that, even though it had been 12 hours since applying it the previous night. But nope, same problem happened again.

I think there are some products which agree perfectly with some people and are the bane of other people's lives. Judging from the reviews this seems to be one of them!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/20/2018 10:17:00 AM

After all the hype I was very disappointed. It flaked and smeared so bad I am shocked there was even any product left on my lashes. Even though Too Faced is cruelty free, they are owned by Estee Lauder, who is NOT. Total disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Very good, makes my lashes look a lot longer and thicker. Can be clumpy if too much is applied, but I just use a clean eyebrow spoolie and run it over my lashes a couple of times and it removes the clumps, for a more natural look.

on 7/12/2018 8:50:00 AM

This is a good mascara don’t get me wrong, but it gets clumpy really fast if you apply too much. I’ve bought the mini version which is €10. I recommend buying the mini if you don’t wear mascara everyday and if you don’t use that much!

on 7/12/2018 8:02:00 AM

Wow what a great mascara, gives you long, thick and very black lashes, I don’t think you need false lashes with this mascara as it performs very well.
My lashes are fine and this mascara does so well to push them up.
It’s quite similar to the benefit their real but this one gives me more length and definition.

on 7/4/2018 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Clumpy, crumbly mess :(

The first time I used it, I was impressed. It did really elongate my lashes. My lashes still felt soft and I thought this could be a hit. Unfortunately it did come off in flakes shortly after application. I could not work with it and finally, it landed in the bin. Such a shame. I tried to give it to my sister, but she wasn't impressed either.

on 6/26/2018 4:35:00 PM

I have used so many mascaras, it's pitiful! I used this one time and threw away all my others!
It doesn't flake, it really extends your lashes and it's a really dark black, which makes your lashes really pop!
I used it along with Babelash lash enhancer and after that kicked in and I used the mascara, I constantly have people asking me where I have my lashes done. I wasn't sure about the odd shaped brush at first because I'm all about the shape of the brush but I LOVE it too. Buy this product, it's amazing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a fantastic mascara! I wear false lashes everyday and everywhere, but I need a good base coat to make my tiny stubby top lashes blend in. The packaging is wonderful; the tube is heavy and metallic and feels very substantial in the hand. I have only been buying makeup from the 'prestige brand' side of the big orange makeup store for a couple years, and it's nice to get a product that feels like you are getting what you paid for.

As for the mascara itself, it covers well, doesn't clump or flake. It makes my bottom lashes look great to go with my falsies on top. I know a few people who call this this go-to, and when I travel and have to pick only a few products for the suitcase, this is one of them!

Painstaking application, use of a spoolie yields decent results. Contact lens wearer, though, formula's running, smudging within an hour. The full size brush is way too heavy, way too long. I get better results from the mini size available at Sephora, but it's a bit pricey to sustain. I gave it a year and it's a no.

I can understand why this is so popular, besides the funny name. For me, this is not creating a look that I'm after. I have lots of fine, long lashes that need separation and lift. This did give them a very black and dense appearance but the results was that my fine lashes looked a bit clumpy and heavy, and I need all the eye opening magic that I can get my hands on. Might really be nice for those who have naturally curled lashed and don't mind stongly coated lashes.