Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'll be honest, I am addicted to watching YouTube makeup tutorials and reviews. There is so much hype around this mascara in the YouTube world. One day I went in to Sephora and I was just itching to buy something, when I really didn't neeed anything; you know how that goes, right? Well, I ended up purchasing a full sized tube of this mascara based only on all of the rave reviews that I had seen on YouTube. I was really excited to try it, but when I put it on later that day, I was not that impressed at all. It works, of course, but I don't think that there is anything spectacular about this specific mascara. I'm not a huge fan of the hourglass shaped wand either. Usually there is an excess of product on the tip of the wand, so I have to wipe that off before applying. I also find that the wand is too large to comfortably use on my bottom lashes. One day as I was getting ready, I decided to use the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara on one eye, and use the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black on the other eye. Honestly, I couldn't see a difference. I was expecting so much more, considering all of the hype surrounding it on YouTube, as well as the name. I wish I would have checked MakeupAlley before I purchased this! I'm really jealous of all the photos here on MakeupAlley, because it looks really great in their eyes! I didn't experience that at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this mascara because there was so much hype about it and a couple of my friends recommended it.
The packaging is so cute! I love the metallic pink tube.
When you open the mascara, there is excess on the tip so I usually wipe it off on the edge of the bottle.
In terms of formula, I found it volumising and lengthening. It holds a curl and looks pretty. However, the mascara clumps a bit. You have to work a certain way to get rid of the clumps. The wand is an hourglass shape but I feel that the bristles are too all over the place.
It wore well throughout the day, however it did smudge a tad under the eyes.

Overall, I would recommend this mascara to certain people. For some, this is a hg item but some don't like it at all.
I say you try it in store to see if it works for you. For me, I'm quite happy with this mascara!

To Read all 675 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

When I used up my sample I purchased a full size and it's strange because I feel like the sample performs better... and the wand is less heavy which I prefer.
Overall, it's a good mascara in many aspects- it's intensely black, it volumizes and thickens lashes. If you like defined, separated lashes you won't like it because it's one of those more "clumpy" ones.
What I dislike: it smudges. Half an hour after application I end up with panda eyes. Not cute. I hate that the most in my mascaras, and this is the reason why I won't repurchase. And also because I've found a better alternative and my HG mascara soon after using up BTS.
The packaging is gorgeous, though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was the first high-end product I ever purchased at the recommendation of a lady at Sephora over 5 years ago, and it's been my favorite mascara since. I've tried buying cheaper cruelty free options but none of them impress me as much and I just end up repurchasing this mascara. I've gotten several of my friends hooked on it as well.
My eyelashes are already pretty long but this adds incredible volume. When I wear 2 coats, people ask if I'm wearing falsies. My one gripe with it is it does flake, especially if the tube is a bit older, but I can look past that. The wand did take some getting used to since it's so large, but I love it now; it reaches all of my lashes.
Maybe one day I'll find a more affordable option, but until then this mascara will be my go-to.

I absolutely love this mascara the only bad thing is that the wand is so big it can be hard to do your bottom lashes and that the bottle get's dirty in my makeup bag.

on 8/24/2016 2:17:00 PM

I've tried several different mascaras and this is my go-to. If you're looking for a subtle mascara, this isn't the one. I use this because I want my eyes to pop and be the center of attention and it does a fantastic job. I almost feel like I'm wearing fake lashes.

on 8/23/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love the way this makes my lashes look. Does a nice job thickening, gives nice lenth, and my lashes also feel soft. It's also nice and dark. Could be perfect for me except for one very negative issue. By 4pm I have a black flaky mascara mess under my lower lashes. And I only use mascara on my top lashes!!! I have noticed that the problem seems to happen after I walk my dog in the late afternoon (and we have had a very hot summer). But this is a big disappointment for any mascara, let alone a higher end one. I will use it occasionally for an evening out but I would not use this during the daytime, especially in the summer. Definitely not a re-purchase for me.

on 8/20/2016 2:06:00 PM

I've used drugstore (usually the original orange-package Covergirl lash blast) and found it works ok. Better Than Sex was a big step up for lash drama, and tends to look like I've used fake lashes. That part is great. It does get clumpy when it dries out, so I've been getting the travel-size ones so I use them up before that happens. They seem to last as long as regular mascara, so when I do the math, I think paying an extra $4 per mascara for dramatic results is worth it.

I have found this mascara is the first I've used to not flake off a little, but instead sort of melts off leaving raccoon eyes. That's fine if I don't go to bed with makeup on, but makes me look like a disaster if I do. I'm lazy, so this happens. Still, so long as they keep offering the mini version, I'll keep getting it.

on 8/17/2016 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the drama it gives my lashes. Easy to remove. Some mascara really tear up my lashes. Definitely gives volume. The downfall is that it does smear throughout the day. Sigh, wish it didn't. But besides that it works great.

on 8/13/2016 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a holy grail mascara for me. Im so disappointed with this as i expect more bcs its too expensive. I can get a drugstore mascara that can do better than "better than sex" and also it does not lengthen my lashes. What a let down, sigh

Video Reviews & Tutorials