Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

3.8

on 2/12/2017 5:59:00 PM

I am hard on my nails but have been leery of getting shellac manicures as my friends all say that while the manicure lasts, it is very hard on your nails. I had heard good things about Vinylux, so I tried it in "Strawberry Smoothie". It did last longer before chipping - I am hard on my nails and usually get chipping on day 2-3 of a manicure. This tended to last about 5 days before chipping, so that was nice. I liked the colour "Strawberry Smoothie" a lot - it is a sort of pale frosted pink - not so "nude" that you can't tell there is nail polish, but neutral and I like that every little chip does not show right away with a lighter neutral colour. It went on very nicely and came off very easily and looked great on. The reason I am giving it only 3/5 is that it REALLY dried my nails out and made them very weak and prone to chipping. I used it 3 weeks in a row before I saw this happening, and now it is 2 months later and my nails are still much weaker and chipping all the time - I think I will have to grow the entire nail out before this issue is gone. I normally have very very hard nails and can grow them quite long easily, but they are pretty short since using the Vinlyux as they just keep peeling and chipping. So I won't us it again as it really did wreck my nails and the additional 2-3 days before chipping starts is not worth it.

on 11/27/2016 5:16:00 PM

I have never had good luck with polish on my fingernails. It generally chips within the first 48 hours - whether applied professionally or at home. Vinylux is the first polish that lasts 4-7 days for me with no chipping. I do think some of it has to do with the application - because I have had it applied by two different people at my local salon, and I've had zero chipping when applied by one manicurist, but was not as lucky when applied by the other. I have tried a variety of colors - blush teddy (sheer coverage), gotcha (nice summery pink), married to the mauve, grommet, denim patch and oxblood. The oxblood color seems to last especially long (7-8 days without at chip).

One thing I have noticed, is that when it starts chipping, you should remove it. Maybe it's because you don't use a base coat, but it seems to take a little layer of nail off when it chips, so it could result in weaker nails - at least that has been my experience. However, if I remove the polish once I notice any chipping, then I don't notice any nail weakness or breakage.

I have noticed what seems like light staining when removing the darker colors - but if I go back over with nail polish remover, the "staining" is gone, so I think it's just a matter of needing a lot of remover.

Vinylux is now the only polish I will use on my fingernails.

on 11/8/2016 10:57:00 AM

This is my go to pink. It is a yellow based pink, which compliments yellow undertones, olive undertones, and darker complected skin. It is a brighter pink, but nothing too flashy or " out there" that would clash with your wardrobe. This color is the perfect balance of fun, flirty, really pretty, and professional. I feel I can go from the office to going out, and this color suits all occasions. Don't overlook this one at the nail salon. I receive a ton of compliments on this color, and every time I think I've found something better, I always find myself back at this color. It is not a pasty pink, not a pepto bismal pink (lol), but just the right balance of bring and fun.

on 10/14/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really hoping this would be fantastic. I get 2 days wear before it chips. I use the CND scrub fresh before application, 2 coats of colour, 1 coat of top coat, all capping the edge, and it still doesn't last. shellac polish lasts much longer, I would rather pay to get it applied than buy more bottles of this. Plus side, there was no staining from no base coat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love some of the colors this polish comes in. I first tried it when I got a shellac manicure and the girl wouldn't do toes. I bought the matching vinylux color. It looked good and stayed on without chipping.I loved it. When I removed it, some of my toe nails were looking slightly stained but I mostly didn't care because I always keep them painted any way. I repainted them with tuti fruity and this time when I removed it some of my nails were dark orange. They were so ugly. Very gross. If you plan on ever leaving your nails unpainted at all, I wouldn't risk using this polish. I'm just glad I didn't use it on my hands.

My review refers to winter glow. I've bought about 8 polishes from CMD vinylux and find them a mixed bag in terms of how long they last. Winter glow is the worst I've tried so far. This one didn't even last half a day for me. I needed three coats if I spread thinly and 2 if they were thicker. Generally it was three coats for me for no streaks. I tried with just the top coat and then I tried with an extra coat of seche vite and it made no difference ☹ it chipped off within hours and was pretty crap all around. Very disappointing.

on 10/24/2015 7:48:00 AM

The ratings above refer to Romantique.

I love the concept of this and the top coat is easy to apply and effective, even with non CND nail polishes.

Romantique is a struggle-thin, streaky and doesn't look good no matter how many coats are applied. If more than two coats applied, it's practically white. Don't waste your money.

I've had a manicure with Lavishly Loved as well and that was much more the neutral pale pink I was after. I haven't used it myself though so can't comment on consistency.

on 8/8/2015 5:50:00 PM

CND's Vinylux nail polish is nothing short of amazing. It lasts at least 10 days on my fingernails, and a month on my toes. Really. I did not have one chip on my toes after a month, I have never had polish wear like this before. I needed to have a pedi as my polish had grown out but it was still pristine. I can only find it at Ulta or online at Ebay. You must buy the topcoat to go with it. A base coat is not recommended or required.

I cannot keep regular nail polish on my fingers for more than 3 days or so without becoming a chippy mess. I have tired all kinds of different base coats and top coats but nothing seems to work. I discovered both Vinylux and SH Miracle Gel and I love both products. I will usually get at least 7 days of chip free wear unless I am doing something major (swimming, moving, etc). I do get some tip wear at around a week so I usually change polish around then so not sure how long it would actually go. These polishes have made my life so much easier. Soak off gel polishes were taking up too much of my time with the soak off process and I don't have time to paint my nails every 2-3 days with regular polish. These polishes dry super quick (especially if you can get outside in the natural light) and they seem to add some strength to my nails as well. I have not had any issues with staining despite no base coat except for one of the SH Miracle Gel Colors (Game of Chromes). I emailed them and they sent me a $11 coupon. As for the differences between Vinylux and Miracle Gel, I will say they have very different formulas. I prefer the Vinylux formula as it is a bit thinner and easier to work with; however, Miracle Gel is a bit shinier and plumper. Vinylux has a tendency to show ridges if you have them. That would be my only complaint. But I get about the same wear time out of both them. And both top coats are great to use over regular nail polish as well. I highly recommend both products.

on 7/15/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first salon mani using vinylux instead of gel (I can get 14 -18 days from CND Shellac or 21 - 24 days from LeChat or OPI gel) or a traditional lacquer (4 - 6 days).

I have had it on for 7 days and so far no chipping, no edge wear.
I used Negligee - a pale cool-toned pink.
I also liked Beau - but it was very sheer.

Update: I am now on my 4th Vinylux Mani (I pay $3 more for Vinylux vs. regular polish at my local salon). I get a solid 5 days chip free with EVERY color I have tried. With pale/nudes I can get away with 9 days. Most shades DO need to be changed after day 5, 6 or 7.

If you can't tolerate gels - or need a break from them and are going to a wedding or on vacation (1 week or less - ha ha!) try Vinylux.

The long wear is there - and I bet with time this technology will improve.
OPI is already releasing its version.

Between gels and Vinylux and I may never go back to "conventional" lacquers.