Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

3.9

I absolutely love this nail polish and have over 20 bottles. They last well over a week for me and that is of course, you MUST use the top coat.

I am sporting lighter shades this season, anywhere from Sage to Neutrals to Pink. Next month, I am going to more tropical shades like brighter corals, etc....

Way better than OPIs for sure

on 5/16/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This polish has the best consistency of any polish I've ever used, and I am a nail polish junkie. Out of ZOYA, OPI, Nicole, Essie, China Glaze, even, (ew) Sally Hansen.. this one takes the cake by a long shot. Even the light, milky colors go on great! When I say they go on great I'm referring to the DIY manicure. Yes, even when painting your nails yourself they go on with such ease. Just wipe one side of the brush on the way out of the bottle and two coats. I was skeptical about the milky light creams and pinks but to my surprise, those oft "hard to apply without streaking" colors went on smooth. Remember: two coats and always finish off with Seche Vite top coat! I didn't have the top coat for my review, and I was still in love with the results. Full manicure products: prep CND Solar oil on cuticles, base coat Nailtiques #2, color 2 coats CND vinylux in Romantique #142 and 1 coat Essie Gel Couture Clear top coat, top coat Seche Vive instant gel effect top coat. Wait 2 minutes between each layer throughout. this lasted 5 days before chipping with normal, daily wear and tear.

on 5/7/2017 12:50:00 PM

I don't know about lasting all week, I'd say 2-3 days.

I especially like the warm rosy medium pink frost called "Sultry Sunset" because it covers beautifully with just one coat. It's got a silver metallic sheen. I apply it without a base coat to save time, and then put on a topcoat. I notice this color does stain my nails, but it's such a beautiful color and I like that I don't have to use two coats and wait longer for it to dry. I'm on my third bottle of this color, and my second of "Tundra"....a cool, pale pinkish mauve metallic frost, and also only requires one coat. I always get compliments when I wear Tundra. Both of these colors look great year round.

To be fair, I probably get less time out of this polish because my job requires very frequent hand washing.

I have also noticed that this polish starts to get pretty thick once you are down to one third left. Not a deal breaker for me, since I find most nail polish does this, probably the only one that doesn't for me is Chanel.

Ok so this stuff lasted fully about 4 days! Then it started to chip. I got the shade 'cake pop 'and it's a lovely light pink with a tiny hint of lilac I'd say. I work with my hands a lot as a teacher and handling tons of heavy clean ups. So I'm slightly impressed. The no chip manicures at the salon have begun to destroy (tore 2 off) my nails so I may switch to this. I think it is definitely worth a try and the price! Looking forward to trying the other colors--great and wide selection! :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very impressed. I had my nails done with this last Wednesday. Today's Monday and my manicure is going strong--very minor chips on the edges only, NO peeling, no cracking. I have very weak nails and this seems to have done them well, but i will update if there's any damage once this comes off. If you get this in a nude or light color, your manicure will probably grow out before it chips off.

on 2/12/2017 5:59:00 PM

I am hard on my nails but have been leery of getting shellac manicures as my friends all say that while the manicure lasts, it is very hard on your nails. I had heard good things about Vinylux, so I tried it in "Strawberry Smoothie". It did last longer before chipping - I am hard on my nails and usually get chipping on day 2-3 of a manicure. This tended to last about 5 days before chipping, so that was nice. I liked the colour "Strawberry Smoothie" a lot - it is a sort of pale frosted pink - not so "nude" that you can't tell there is nail polish, but neutral and I like that every little chip does not show right away with a lighter neutral colour. It went on very nicely and came off very easily and looked great on. The reason I am giving it only 3/5 is that it REALLY dried my nails out and made them very weak and prone to chipping. I used it 3 weeks in a row before I saw this happening, and now it is 2 months later and my nails are still much weaker and chipping all the time - I think I will have to grow the entire nail out before this issue is gone. I normally have very very hard nails and can grow them quite long easily, but they are pretty short since using the Vinlyux as they just keep peeling and chipping. So I won't us it again as it really did wreck my nails and the additional 2-3 days before chipping starts is not worth it.

on 11/27/2016 5:16:00 PM

I have never had good luck with polish on my fingernails. It generally chips within the first 48 hours - whether applied professionally or at home. Vinylux is the first polish that lasts 4-7 days for me with no chipping. I do think some of it has to do with the application - because I have had it applied by two different people at my local salon, and I've had zero chipping when applied by one manicurist, but was not as lucky when applied by the other. I have tried a variety of colors - blush teddy (sheer coverage), gotcha (nice summery pink), married to the mauve, grommet, denim patch and oxblood. The oxblood color seems to last especially long (7-8 days without at chip).

One thing I have noticed, is that when it starts chipping, you should remove it. Maybe it's because you don't use a base coat, but it seems to take a little layer of nail off when it chips, so it could result in weaker nails - at least that has been my experience. However, if I remove the polish once I notice any chipping, then I don't notice any nail weakness or breakage.

I have noticed what seems like light staining when removing the darker colors - but if I go back over with nail polish remover, the "staining" is gone, so I think it's just a matter of needing a lot of remover.

Vinylux is now the only polish I will use on my fingernails.

on 11/8/2016 10:57:00 AM

This is my go to pink. It is a yellow based pink, which compliments yellow undertones, olive undertones, and darker complected skin. It is a brighter pink, but nothing too flashy or " out there" that would clash with your wardrobe. This color is the perfect balance of fun, flirty, really pretty, and professional. I feel I can go from the office to going out, and this color suits all occasions. Don't overlook this one at the nail salon. I receive a ton of compliments on this color, and every time I think I've found something better, I always find myself back at this color. It is not a pasty pink, not a pepto bismal pink (lol), but just the right balance of bring and fun.

on 10/14/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really hoping this would be fantastic. I get 2 days wear before it chips. I use the CND scrub fresh before application, 2 coats of colour, 1 coat of top coat, all capping the edge, and it still doesn't last. shellac polish lasts much longer, I would rather pay to get it applied than buy more bottles of this. Plus side, there was no staining from no base coat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love some of the colors this polish comes in. I first tried it when I got a shellac manicure and the girl wouldn't do toes. I bought the matching vinylux color. It looked good and stayed on without chipping.I loved it. When I removed it, some of my toe nails were looking slightly stained but I mostly didn't care because I always keep them painted any way. I repainted them with tuti fruity and this time when I removed it some of my nails were dark orange. They were so ugly. Very gross. If you plan on ever leaving your nails unpainted at all, I wouldn't risk using this polish. I'm just glad I didn't use it on my hands.

Top Rated Nails