Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Weekly nail polish that chips within 48 hours. Maybe it should be called 'weekend polish' instead?

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am a nail tech, and a client actually recommended this polish to me. She swore by it, so I decided to try it out. I bought 2 shades "Negligee" which is a seer iridescent pink and "Masquerade", which is a very deep reddish/purple. I used negligee first. When I say it's sheer, I mean VERY sheer. It would be a perfect base for a french manicure, but I wanted a little more coverage, so I think I ended up using 3-4 coats and finishing with the top coat. The color was very pretty. I was a little hesitant to go without a base coat, as it's SO ingrained in me as a nail tech to ALWAYS use one, but I wanted to test this out the way it was recommended to be used, which is why I chose the light color. The polish went on beautifully, dried relatively quickly, and added a nice hard shell to my nails. Even with the extra coats it didn't look sloppy, bumpy, or take too long to dry. The polish was still perfectly intact 5 days later when I removed it (because I had a manicure appointment). There were no chips, not even any wear at the free edge, which is always my problem. In the past I have used the sally Hansen's no light gel polish, and I liked that, but this is SO much better. It's a neater-to-apply formula, it lasts twice as long, and it doesn't crack, like the Sally Hansen. If you want a Gel-like manicure without the expense or hassle of soaking it off, this is the product for you.

on 5/16/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This polish has the best consistency of any polish I've ever used, and I am a nail polish junkie. Out of ZOYA, OPI, Nicole, Essie, China Glaze, even, (ew) Sally Hansen.. this one takes the cake by a long shot. Even the light, milky colors go on great! When I say they go on great I'm referring to the DIY manicure. Yes, even when painting your nails yourself they go on with such ease. Just wipe one side of the brush on the way out of the bottle and two coats. I was skeptical about the milky light creams and pinks but to my surprise, those oft "hard to apply without streaking" colors went on smooth. Remember: two coats and always finish off with Seche Vite top coat! I didn't have the top coat for my review, and I was still in love with the results. Full manicure products: prep CND Solar oil on cuticles, base coat Nailtiques #2, color 2 coats CND vinylux in Romantique #142 and 1 coat Essie Gel Couture Clear top coat, top coat Seche Vive instant gel effect top coat. Wait 2 minutes between each layer throughout. this lasted 5 days before chipping with normal, daily wear and tear.

on 8/3/2017 1:32:00 PM

Clumpy. Gloopy. I have purchased many of these colors and they just fall flat. I'd rather have gels

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Now, let me preface this by also saying I only have the shade "Dark Lava," but this applies like a dream!! And wears beautifully!! I get a good week's wear out of this before the slightest not even really noticeable chipping begins on the edge of maybe a couple of nails (and that is doing light housework, handwashing dishes, washing my long hair daily, things that can really test a nail polish performance for me).

The brush on this is thin..I was not sure I would like the thin brush (I tend to not like thin brushes, in general), but that think brush must work some kind of magic (plus the formula itself, of course) to create smoothly, evenly applied polish, so easily. No finangling and no trickery, just gliding right over the nails. No bubbling or streaking, nothing ugly.

By far one of the better performing nail polishes I have tried. I can't wait to pick up a couple more shades!!!

I absolutely love this nail polish and have over 20 bottles. They last well over a week for me and that is of course, you MUST use the top coat.

I am sporting lighter shades this season, anywhere from Sage to Neutrals to Pink. Next month, I am going to more tropical shades like brighter corals, etc....

Way better than OPIs for sure

on 5/7/2017 12:50:00 PM

I don't know about lasting all week, I'd say 2-3 days.

I especially like the warm rosy medium pink frost called "Sultry Sunset" because it covers beautifully with just one coat. It's got a silver metallic sheen. I apply it without a base coat to save time, and then put on a topcoat. I notice this color does stain my nails, but it's such a beautiful color and I like that I don't have to use two coats and wait longer for it to dry. I'm on my third bottle of this color, and my second of "Tundra"....a cool, pale pinkish mauve metallic frost, and also only requires one coat. I always get compliments when I wear Tundra. Both of these colors look great year round.

To be fair, I probably get less time out of this polish because my job requires very frequent hand washing.

I have also noticed that this polish starts to get pretty thick once you are down to one third left. Not a deal breaker for me, since I find most nail polish does this, probably the only one that doesn't for me is Chanel.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very impressed. I had my nails done with this last Wednesday. Today's Monday and my manicure is going strong--very minor chips on the edges only, NO peeling, no cracking. I have very weak nails and this seems to have done them well, but i will update if there's any damage once this comes off. If you get this in a nude or light color, your manicure will probably grow out before it chips off.

Ok so this stuff lasted fully about 4 days! Then it started to chip. I got the shade 'cake pop 'and it's a lovely light pink with a tiny hint of lilac I'd say. I work with my hands a lot as a teacher and handling tons of heavy clean ups. So I'm slightly impressed. The no chip manicures at the salon have begun to destroy (tore 2 off) my nails so I may switch to this. I think it is definitely worth a try and the price! Looking forward to trying the other colors--great and wide selection! :)

on 2/12/2017 5:59:00 PM

I am hard on my nails but have been leery of getting shellac manicures as my friends all say that while the manicure lasts, it is very hard on your nails. I had heard good things about Vinylux, so I tried it in "Strawberry Smoothie". It did last longer before chipping - I am hard on my nails and usually get chipping on day 2-3 of a manicure. This tended to last about 5 days before chipping, so that was nice. I liked the colour "Strawberry Smoothie" a lot - it is a sort of pale frosted pink - not so "nude" that you can't tell there is nail polish, but neutral and I like that every little chip does not show right away with a lighter neutral colour. It went on very nicely and came off very easily and looked great on. The reason I am giving it only 3/5 is that it REALLY dried my nails out and made them very weak and prone to chipping. I used it 3 weeks in a row before I saw this happening, and now it is 2 months later and my nails are still much weaker and chipping all the time - I think I will have to grow the entire nail out before this issue is gone. I normally have very very hard nails and can grow them quite long easily, but they are pretty short since using the Vinlyux as they just keep peeling and chipping. So I won't us it again as it really did wreck my nails and the additional 2-3 days before chipping starts is not worth it.