OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

3.6

Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Biotin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethyltrimonium Chloride Methacrylate/ Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Copolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Dimethicone, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, CI 60725 (Violet 2).

HAIRLOSS. PATCHES OF HAIRLOSS. AFFECTING MANY PEOPLE IN HOUSEHOLD
I USED THIS ITEM THINKING LIKE I WOULD ANY REGULAR SHAMPOO.
AT FIRST MY HAIR FELT AS IF A CHEMICAL OR HAIR TEXTURIZER WAS USED IN MY HAIR, I DIDNT THINK ANYTHING OF IT.
AFTER A WHILE I NOTICED MY HAIR GETTING THIN. THINNER. EVENTUALLY HAIR FALLING OUT. PATCHES OF HAIRLOSS IN THE FORM OF CIRCLES AS IF I WAS SHAMPOOING IT IN CIRCULAR MOTIONS, LEAVING ITS MARK AS IF IT WAS A CHEMICAL BURN. LOCATIONS AROUND MY EARS, BACK OF HEAD, EDGES.
I HAVE AREAS OF MY HEAD WHERE HAIR IS VERY SHALLOW, AND NOT GROWING AT THE SAME PASTE AS THE REST OF HEAD. HAIR IS VERY THIN AND NOT GROWING BACK IN CERTAIN AREAS.
I WENT TO DOCTOR. I DONT HAVE HIV OR ANY IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS OR ILLNESS..
ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND HAIR WONT GROW BACK IN CERTAIN AREAS. HAIR IS THINNER AND SHORTER IN CERTAIN AREAS.
DO NOT BUY

good if you have thin hair, otherwise too expensive

on 10/24/2018 4:47:00 AM

This does have a volume effect on my hair but coats my hair too much and causes build-up on my scalp very quickly - which then means hairfall. I used the whole set but didn't finish any of the products. My favorite was the shampoo which did not require a conditioner afterward. The conditioner was too weak on my hair on its own or when combined with other shampoos and it didn't help much. The smell is an issue with this one. It smellt too much like a sweet cigar or tobacco, which I didn't like but YMMV. I have benefited greatly from biotin but only when I took it orally.

This was AMAZING when my hair was healthy and dyed dark brown, it gave my hair lovely volume and kept it soft. Then... when I went blonde, through about 5 heavy highlighting sessions, I repurchased it thinking it would help my dried out bleached hair, nope it just made it super tangled. So now my hair needs something more repairing and I won’t be repurchasing this. But if you have non - damaged hair that needs a bit of volume this is probably for you

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Aside from how overly perfumed this shampoo was and therefore my hair, I didn't notice anything else with this, nor any difference in my hair quality by switching to this. It lathers nicely and feels like a more higher end formula, but it leaves my hair completely flat for some reason and weighed down. I also notice my hair gets oily a lot quicker than usual when using this which didn't happen before. It's a shame as was interested to see how Biotin and Collagen would work for my hair as both ingredients are something I take as an oral supplement but not applied to hair before. Not something that I would go out and re-purchase in a hurry.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner (19.5 ounces in each bottle) for about $9 a piece at the drugstore. I've been using them for about a month.

My fine, shiny, color treated hair needs volume but moisturizing properties too. Most products containing protein, take care of the thin and breakage, but dry out my ends. Most moisturizing products weigh my hair down. This contains protein but moisturizer too. This gave me what I needed wonderfully!

My hair looks thick, shiny and full, with a spicy and sweet fragrance, but it still smells clean. I have noticed that even though it states on the bottle that the effects of the products are temporary, I have noticed the volume lasts, less breakage to my ends and less hair fall since using it. It hasn't turned my blonde ends brassy or stripped the color elsewhere. I've used it in multiple water hardness while traveling and I get good results. I have not noticed any building up of residue.

I've travelled with the full size bottles (something I don't normally do) and haven't experienced any leaks or loose caps. I've dropped them in the shower a few times. The bottle is very sturdy.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I might stick with this system.

on 7/28/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Like someone said - smells like an old lady perfume! 100%!!! Quite expensive and did not work well for my dyed, long, straight hair. Scalp and hair felt very oily...
Might be difficult to squeeze out the product from the bottle

on 5/11/2018 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great shampoo and conditioner with a gorgeous scent. I have fine hair and this conditions well without weighing down

on 4/2/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

The Australian market versions of OGX are like washing your hair in in dish detergent. The conditioners are just as bad.

on 2/14/2018 2:10:00 PM

I have short hair with no body, and I've tried many products to give it volume. This shampoo works! The top flip cap tends to break off, so I deducted for packaging. After I shampoo my hair feels thick and tangled and I'm tempted to use conditioner, but that just weights down the hair. Ulta has BOGO sales sometimes which is how I started using it.

Popular Shampoos