Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Liz Earle Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
No Title

3.9

Not tested on animals

I can take my makeup off with it, without having to wet my face - it sounds odd, but having to wash my face over a basin has always been tedious... and messy!!! It's ok for eyes but I'd still use coconut oil and a soft cloth on my eyes before/after, to get rid of it all properly. My skin feels clean, and the fact that it's easier to use, means I use it... even after a late night.

on 11/2/2016 12:55:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE!
i purchased the liz earle daily essentials kit which contains cleanse and polish moisturiser and an instant boost skin tonic also comes with 2 amazing muslin cloths and also when you buy the set it comes with a free exfoliator, all for £45.00 its amazing for the quality.

i have acne prone spotty skin which is also very oily and these products work wonders on my skin keeps spots and breakouts AT BAY, which to me i cant put a price on.

even within the first few days of using liz earle i noticed my skin looked fresher younger and brighter, Liz earle has nothing but natural ingredients all work wonders on the skin. Packaging is also stunning! Very impressed would DEFINTLEY Repurchase!

on 9/17/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like to experiment with different cleansers, but I keep coming back to this one again and again. I like the smell and texture. While some reviewers find the hot cloth thing to be a faff, it really does get your face clean without drying it out. I have a stack of the cloths and wash after every use (they are usually dry by morning, so no issues with throwing them in the wash).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin dries out really easily and I usually don't even bother trying products that i need to rinse off since my skin always feels like a drumskin afterwards no matter how expensive or hyped the product is. BUT this actually doesn't dry my skin out, probably because coconut (caprylic triglycerid) and cocoa butter is two of the main ingredients. I also like the hot cloth thingy that helps exfoliate the skin without irritating it. I would recommend this for anyone that gets both dry and flaky easily. The rich, wite cream (no annoying and dehydrating foam!)smells a lot of eacalyptus and feels kind of cool on the skin at first and could probably be irritatating if you have super sensitiive skin but i don't so it wasn't a problem for me.

on 8/3/2016 7:45:00 PM

This cleanser is amazing! I've tried several cleansers but this is the only one that has left my skin feeling completely soft and cleansed. It's quite expensive, but it's definitely worth it. I've already recommended it to my friends and I've only used it for a few weeks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Nothing takes off my makeup like cleanse and polish. Leaves my skin beautifully clean and soft and also doesn't make my skin red at all which most cleansers do to my skin. I use the entire line including haircare now as everything I try ends up being amazing.

Just lovely. An absolute pleasure to use.

It melts into the skin and removes all makeup without a problem. I'd go so far as to say it laughs in the face of makeup.

I use it with a flannel washcloth for added exfoliation, and all that good jazz.

I'm on my third one. I got the starter kit, which is the original I got a 200ml tube in the original version. Then the jasmine & osmanthus version. Both versions smell gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hot little hands other special editions, like Rose & Cedrat.

It has greatly improved the texture and appearance of my normal to oily, spot-prone skin.

(However, full disclosure: before I started using it, I didn't have any skincare regime whatsoever, so that could account for the improvement. If I did wash my face, it was in the shower with shower gel, followed by using whatever cheap body lotion I was using. Or sometimes I used baby wipes. In my defence, I wasn't a big makeup wearer.)

I've tried two or three other balms but this is by far the best.

This bad boy (girl?) has changed my life! Can't say enough good things about it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this! I have become quite the fan of European skincare and fragrance products as they are great for my sensitive skin. This is creme de la creme for me.

It does remove light makeup but if you use a full face of it or a really longwearing and/or full-coverage foundation, you will likely need to cleanse twice or with two cleansers.

I use it as directed but with using a regular washcloth as opposed to the muslin, as I exfoliate chemically (Pixi Glow Tonic) more often than doing anything physical with a cloth or a scrub. This doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it clean but soft-feeling and helps to lessen the severity of the inevitable hormonal breakouts and to take them down quickly. Rinse off well as the formula is thick, but your skin, if like mine, will feel so soft.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried time and time again with this cleanser and it really doesn't work for me. In fact I blame it for my having being so lazy when cleansing my face!
As a regular Liz Earle customer over the years I have been sent numerous trial size Cleanse and Polishes, it being lauded as their top product. I've only ever found it OK but hey, it's Liz Earle, everybody raves about it so it must be good so I've carried on using it. People have also bought it for me as a gift ("she likes Liz Earle, she must like this!") hence it has been my cleanser for years-though the reality has been that I've actually been using makeup wipes rather than this most of the time! This has only really been used when I suddenly think "I really should take my skincare more seriously and cleanse properly". Then it's such a faff that after a day or so I return to the lazy girl's solution of makeup wipes.
My experience of using this is that if you use it to remove makeup the muslin cloth is filthy after one use so has to be machine washed so you have to have several cloths to hand. When I'm tired and off to bed the last thing I want to faff about with is a wet, dirty facecloth-don't want to put it in my laundry basket when wet (don't want damp smelling washing if I don't get chance to launder it next day) so what do I do with it? After several washes the cloths become less soft too.
The product itself is just OK (but apparently the [massively inconvenient] cloths are what make it so magical so that's to be expected?? It stings if it gets in your eyes (and invariably it gets in your eyes when you're trying to remove eye makeup) and afterwards my skin feels a bit tight like I've used soap and water. Not great for dry skin types like mine.
Even the pump dispenser clogs (though probably because I leave it so long between uses) and you lose product that has solidified when you press it when you first use it.
I've now given my skincare regime a complete overhaul, discovered a far superior cleanser (Clarins Pure Melt) and this product is now consigned to the bin!
I've given 2 lippies because it's never broken me out and surely, if it were so bad, I wouldn't have used it for so many years-though when I compare it to my newfound cleanser I wonder what the hell I was doing!

on 2/20/2016 1:33:00 PM

This is the hot-cloth cleanser I go back to time and time again. Imitations are nowhere near as good. Smells lovely, which encourages you to use it even if you're tired, takes eye make up off well and although expensive a little goes along way. Comes off clean with a muslin or flannel. I especially like it when they release a limited edition fragrance.

Popular Face Skincare Products