Essie Topless and Barefoot

3.9

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have cool toned skin with pink undertones, and this is the perfect "mannequin hands" manicure for me. I also love it for a pedi. Two coats, with Seche Vite topcoat and I'm good for a few days. I do change my polish a couple of times per week, so I can't speak to extended longevity.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is definitely in my top 5 of nude nail polishes. Application is lovely, creamy and smooth. Two coats is all that is required and with SH Insta-dry it is perfection! I change my polish every 3 days so it has great lasting power! Color is unique and I get many compliments every time I wear it.

This is my all time favorite nude polish. It's perfection against my fair skin.

Awesome nude! I was iffy at first about buying it as I was afraid it would be too yellow on my fair/pink hands. I'm glad I did though, it has the right mix of pink and beige and looks great! Gives a very classy, clean, almost mannequin hands look on me. It seems like the typical Essie formula to me, quite thin and streaky on the first coat but fills in nicely with two coats.

This color looked SO WEIRD on me. Such a disappointment because of all the positive reviews.

This nude shade had a strange, plasticky appearance that was not attractive or flattering. But the formula was decent. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I didn't care for the shade itself and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If your feet wanted a nude lipstick, this is it. It makes my toes look neat and elegant, a very nice muted neutral. It's more jelly-like upon application, so I glob it on and pick up the excess as opposed to creating streaks with a semi-dry brush. Seche Vite is my preferred top coat for such formulas, as it performs best when applied on a tacky surface and this polish is just that. I've used two bottles of this already, primarily on my feet as I don't find anything extraordinary about it on my hands.

The color is nice enough - nude, slightly pink. However, I'm not sure it works on me. It almost gives me mannequin hands, but I think maybe it's a bit too light for my skin tone.
I'm not basing my rating on the color because that can be very subjective and others may really love it. I will base my rating on the formula. I wish I could give it 2 1/2 instead of 3.
The formula is a bit disappointing, although I'm often disappointed with the formula of polishes in the pale pink/nude shades. It sort of pools on the nails in some places while streaking and barely covering others. It's almost opaque with two coats, but it's still just a little streaky in places. Rather than leaving nails looking perfectly neat, clean, and elegant, it can look a bit messy, like I've rushed through polishing my nails. It looks like this even when I apply carefully :/

Best nude shade ever!

I was looking for a good nude color. This looks a lot more pink on my nails than it does in the bottle. I would consider myself as having "light" with neutral undertones. MAC NC25. The formula is "OK". It does streak a bit but it also has pretty good opacity. I use about 3 coats and get pretty good results. I let each coat dry in between as well. I wouldn't say this is the "perfect" nude. You know like the perfect colored nude pumps you search for lol? This isn't it. It's a nice pinky nude though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

On darker tones this looks pinker ....just an FYI. Love Essie but this chips like a mother. Even when I use the Essie topcoat. I don't know why.

Other than that it's a good neutral look.

Popular Polishes