MooGoo Super Vitamin C Eye Serum

4.3

Squalene (Olive, 50%), Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Stabilised Vitamin C, 25%), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E, 25%).

Really great product, really great concept, and it only has 3 ingredients. Except I totally broke out using this. I don't just mean pimples - I fully had an allergic-type reaction to this (my face felt rough and sunburnt, my neck broke out in contact dermatitis-type rashes). MooGoo has a wonderful customer service team however, so all is not lost - I did have to stop using this serum.

As a reference I do react to some products, but this was the first MooGoo product I've ever reacted to (which is very surprising given MooGoo's all-natural ethos).

As someone who ALWAYS had such dark circle around my eyes and thin skin I was very skeptical that anything would improve it. I thought I would give this product a try as I had read some very positive reviews. I can honestly say that after taking this for about a month (morning and night) I have noticed a GREAT improvement. Not only are my circles around my eyes reduced, my eyes just look brighter! I was so self-conscious about my dark circles and this has truly made such a difference. I would NEVER stop buying this product.

You only need the smallest pump (1/2 a pump really) and it spreads on well. I use it underneath makeup in the morning and before I go to bed. If you are looking for an eye cream that ACTUALLY works that doesn't cost a fortune then this product would be it!

I LOVE it!

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

VER POWERFUL vitamin c and e cream. I believe it is 25-30 percent and does a great job at supplying the face with important anti-oxidants that you skin soaks up and uses to protein against free radicals. Preventing the oxidation of free radicals will make a big difference in your skin and complexion and you will be happy if you use this.

on 10/19/2014 8:47:00 PM

This is a powerful 25% vitamin C serum suspended in olive squalene ie its an oil based vitamin C product, unlike most other hyluraonic water based stuff which dries. I use this all over my face and I like how it only has 3 ingredients. Its effective, no smell, inoffensive and well packaged to maintain integrity. I would however only recommend this to dry skins and the only thing that makes this a 4/5 product is the fact that its base is a heavy oil, i.e. think olive, avocado and not the light think type oils. If they could improve the base, this would be the bees knees.

Most things on the market are less % and in a non-stable form, when its in a oil formula its a lot more stable and this also has 25% vitamin E, I have never heard of any other product with such high percentages, best of all they are natural sources. Skinceuticals and PCA have similar products are 20% and 5% respectively at 3x the price and its picky in terms of storage. I honestly much prefer this.

For oily skin, i recommend the best way to use is to mix a drop (not a pump!) into your nigh moisturiser. I also mix this with masks and leave on for an hour or two and the effect is obvious. This is also good to use with a derma roller since those product that you leave on reach the blood stream very quickly and this is all natural.

on 5/9/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've only started using this for less than a week and noticed that my eye area is dramatically hydrated. a little goes a long way! i was looking for a good quality vitamin c serum and was wondering if i could put this on my face and was told i could mix it with my moisturizer. Moogoo is very good with customer enquiries and very honest with their product information and testimonials, which attracted me to the brand in the first place.also, i work at a pharmacy and customers with skin problems love their product. here was the email sent to me by Moogoo after enquiring about this serum:

"Thanks so much for your email :) The Super Vitamin C Eye Serum is based around the powers of Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate. This is a specialized form of vitamin C. Unlike other Vitamin C, this form is oil soluble. Because the skin has a coating of oil (which repels water) , for Vitamin C to penetrate it needs to be soluble in oil. Other forms of vitamin C like L-Abscorbic Acid will be resisisted by the skinís oil coating. We wanted an eye serum that was very concentrated Ascorbyl Tetratisopamitate for those that wanted this particular ingredient which is especially good for sun damage and pigmentation around the eyes.

We do have a lot of customers who ask if they can use this over their whole face. We have had some great feedback but do be careful because the ingredients are concentrated. It would be best to perform a patch test first and then wait at least 24 hours. I have had some customers mention that they mix some of the serum in with their moisturiser as well, maybe this could be something that you consider? We keep our Eye Serum in an airless pump container, so you will need to prime the pump before using, this can take a few pumps up and down before the liquid does come out. All of our products have a 2 year expiry from the date of manufacture (DOM) but we usually find they don't stay on the shelves that long :)"

so far i have been using it only around my eye area. it is too soon to tell but it is a lot more soft and smoother to the touch.

on 5/8/2013 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

LOVE, love this product. Moogoo is an all natural range developed in Australia. I absolutely love this serum. I cannot describe how nourishing it is and the fact that it is helped to slightly lighten my hereditary dark circles under my eyes.

This serum is quite thick and a small amount goes a long way. It can look quite oily - so I only use it at night. By morning however my eyes look great and there is no oily residue to wash off in the morning. I use the serum under my normal eye cream for added moisture (not that it needs it). I also find that though the serum 'travels up' and hence you only really need to apply it along the outer eye area, it does not 'get into the eye' or sting. Others may find that it does so it play around with it before you use it.

I really cannot praise this serum enough. I hope that they never discontinue it.