3.5

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 months ago

First of all this is NOT an everyday product! There's a reason as to why it is marketed as a film industry product. It's a great stage product (for a couple of hours or so) but this is not meant to be worn on a daily basis! Pros: The tiniest amount covers the whole face (SERIOUSLY) Fullest coverage Cons: Very thick and heavy > Clogs pores > Makes skin oily > Causes a breakout Smells strange It is oil based so it will sometimes separate and leak around the cap

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

4 months ago

The only foundation that covers acne without caking! Before going on accutane I had severe cystic acne that absolutely nothing could cover. Dermacol was lifechanging for me, the only foundation where I could quickly put on a thin layer with a sponge and feel completely covered. You'd expect something with such amazing coverage to be cakey but it is the least cakey foundation I've ever used. My skin has been both super oily and super dry (an acne meds symptom) and Dermacol never failed to sit beautifully and naturally on my skin with no sinking into pores or breaking up. It's a fairly dewy finish on its own but turns matte with just a bit of powder or less dewy if you just dab it with a sponge and lasts very well. You really do have control of the finish, more dewy with a brush and more matte with a dry sponge, natural satin finish with a wet sponge. It's such a nice formula that even now my acne is under control I'll never switch to anything else. It is so reasonably priced too and one tube lasts me months even if I use it every day because you need such a tiny amount. Cannot praise this enough I am so grateful for it. Where I bought it, I got the samples free of charge (dermacol-cosmetics.co.uk)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGray

8 months ago

This was a pretty disappointing product .Considering every beauty guru out there was raving about it, I was expecting a bit more from it. The consistency is very tick, like a paste and it does have some coverage to it , but I would say more like a medium coverage than high coverage ...tarte shape tape and estee lauder dw max cover have way more coverage than this and better quality formula when it comes to application ,I could feel my skin was concocting acne and suffocating underneath this product. I have acne prone skin , and this product breaks me out immediately the next day . It gives the skin no room to breathe and it looks quite horrendous on the skin . very cakey, tick, patchy with a greish undertone .The finish is very shiny which adds to the cake effect. It was quite cheap to buy, thank god for that. This just made me not trust any more beauty guru reviews anymore and just do my own research. Ill be sticking to my long time HG foundation estee lauder dw max cover ...and yes I did buy this from a very reputable trusting Danish website

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

8 months ago

This is - THE - most pigmented product I have ever seen. To a point where I can’t understand how its even possible for it to be this pigmented. It is marked as a foundation but I got this on recommendation of Tati to cover some pigmentation as a concealer and its unbelievable. You put the tiniest bit on - MAC 195 concealer brush works best for me- and it just spreads spreads and spreads some more. As in the tiniest bit will cover most of your face. Incredible. I mail ordered mine from the UK authorised distributor to ensure its an authentic product and I got the colours 213, which I find a tiny bit too light/grey for my medium to light neutral skin and 215 which is a tiny bit warmer and darker, neither colour is a super match but I will test another shade later on. I think will take an eternity to ever use up these tubes due to how little is needed. Gobsmacked.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

Just received my tube of Dermacol. I ordered two different shades but only recieved one. I decided to give this a try after watching a makeup artist youtuber that I trust give a demonstration and she was hugely impressed. I too am a makeup artist. I have always suffered with uneven skin tone and redness around my cheeks and chin. (damn my Scottish heritage) Have tried many different foundations with varying results. Some work for a while but soon the redness always shows through eventually even when I use an anti redness primer. (Clinique's one is amazing) I was so excited to use this Dermacol as my youtuber was blown away by how well it covered. She called it a "veil" over her face so I just had to try it. However... as soon as I pierced the tube I felt I was in trouble. The smell hit me immediately. Uggg!! It absolutely stunk!! I forged ahead however and put some on my cheeks. The colour was all wrong. I ordered the 208 but it was almost white. I put some on my cheeks and nose and it made me look like a corpse. The texture was all wrong as well. The youtuber said a tiny amount covered her whole face but I had to keep putting it on and it didn't spread very well. I put some Estee Lauder foundation over the top to correct the colour but all I could focus on was the smell. Seriously it was putrid. I took a close up look and the foundation had actually enficised my fine lines. I washed it off immediately and went on line to check out some reviews. Many people complained of the smell as well and that was when I realized what I'd purchased was a fake. I looked carefully at the tube and saw that the lettering was all out of place and faded in places. A sure sign of a fake product. I bought it on ebay that claimed to be an Australian site. It had an Australian flag logo and they were selling each tube for $8.00 each. That alone should have been a red flag. I literally only had the stuff on my skin for no longer than 5 minutes or so before washing it off but my face still feels itchy and stingy. God knows what they are putting in this product (formaldehyde maybe?) All I know is it doesn't belong on your skin! I actually think this fake product could be dangerous. I might even take it to a lab and have them look into the ingredients. So if you want to give this product a try PLEASE make sure you buy it from the true manufacturers. Beware of fakes trust me. God will I ever be able to get that smell out of my head? Seriously, you have to smell it to believe it. There aren't enough adjectives in the English language to describe just how rank this stuff was! Ugh! ????

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

EyesBrown

from

a year ago

This is a wonderful full-coverage concealer that covers up my discolorations. It is so creamy and pigmented that truly the tiniest amount is needed ... I normally use a little of my regular foundation and then Dermacol on the chin where I have discolorations and Dermacol works well with my foundation and hides my discolorations .... for reference I'm a NW-10 and use No. 208 in this Dermacol product and have no issues with oxidation .... I also note that I do not need to set with my powder as the Demacol dries to a natural finish. I have read so many negative reviews on this product, especially on Amazon, however, I purchased directly from dermacol.com and am wondering if the negative reviews are due to fakes???? I can only speak for myself and my experience, and Dermacol is awesome .... I love that it lasts all day and does not rub off.

About reviewer (452 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

a year ago

This is the foundation I reach for during the winter time where I need full coverage without drying aspects. My HG summer foundation is too drying for winter.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

a year ago

I really like the dermacol makeup. If you bought a fake or are applying with anything other than a brush you should rethink commenting how horrible it is. Its seriously great!

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Coarse

EyesGreen

a year ago

Recieved the Dermacol makeup cover this morning, i could’nt wait to try it, omg what aloud of rubbish. It looked so good on the advert, take it from me, it is rubbish. Its full of oil, and it does NOT dry out... 2 hours ago i put this over my tattoo that i want coverd, and its still wet ???? Does this stuff even dry out? As for the part that the water doesnt take it off, thats balls, because it comes of without any water. Would i buy it again? Not a hope in hell.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

2.0
from

2 years ago

Help! Im reading all these very differing reviews in Dermacol Cover..but most of you are NOT saying WHERE EXACTLY you purchased it!!! And that's HUGE because the issues with fakes is cometely out of control and insane! I google Dermacol and it took me to several site choices incl.Amazon and Ebay. Im currently very disenchanted with Amazon because many of their sellers are THIRD PARTY and I have gotten bogus products. For example , ordered my favorite stand by Shea Moisture conditioner. Said " Shea Moisture" in the little pink lettering on the upper left..but down below twas a third party seller..The product I got was absolute crap and nothing like the real deal.So, have learned to go DIRECTLY to the original manufacturer. Howver, I did just that.I thought! It was " Dermacol/ S.F.( aka Dermacol/ San Francisco)..they EVEN had a Facebbok website. I paid $25 for one tube- RED FLAG!! Ladies..The real Dermacol is always $15!! I also paid $10 for " 2 day expedited shipping".. It took over a week! $35 so far...the makeup I received is not bad..but surely doesnt cover tattoos!!! - a huge claim to high coverage.I dont have tats..but put dried eyeliner on my hand and it didnt cover it AT ALL. All my emails went unanswered. Now- there is a brand new Dermacol/USA site on facebook!! Dermacol by " something International LLC.. Theres literally tons of articles on how to spot the fake..Good chance if you got it on Ebay or Amazon..it could be fake..then again..some ARE getting the real deal from the literal hundreds of Dermacol Sellers! So..when you review, PLEASE STATE WHERE YOU PURCHASED IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE! And do your research! Warning you NOT to purchase from Dermacol/S.F.- its a good fake to a point but should not cost $25!!! Oh..uts on sale NOW for $19.99!! Good luck ladies..please. .let me know if you find the real deal! Oh..LOTS of fakes on Poshmark too..but if you tell the seller she might sic ger fashionista Posh Sisters on you!! Peiple buy this for heartbreaking things lije melasma, scars, vitiligo! ! Just WRONG!

SkinDry, Fair