L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.8

on 4/16/2016 11:14:00 AM

Awful. Just plain awful. I had used this 3 years ago or whenever it first came out and it worked GREAT! They must have changed the formula or something though because...I Just decided to try it again yesterday because my hair is now back to the length and color where an ombre would look nice. Followed all the directions and my hair came out orange/red and I look like a clown. It looks hideous and whats worse is that the ends are dry, brittle, crunchy, and hard to get a comb through. I just had to make an appointment with my hair salon and the earliest I can get in there is next week so I have to live with this disaster on my head in the meantime just wear my hair up and do intense masks for the damaged ends I guess. My advice is not to try this product...it does NOT work as advertised and if you can afford to go to a salon and get an ombre done do that instead because this SUCKS. Thanks for ruining my hair :(

on 10/19/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a Blonde Ombre and the Red Ombre from CVS on a whim. I used the Blonde first because I thought that if I messed it up, I could just cover it with the Red. The main problem I came across with the Blonde is that I did NOT realize it was a bleaching kit, or I otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Bleach fries my hair, and makes it tangled. I was a little let down by that, but I figured I had already spent the money, so I might as well continue. As I was putting the Bleach through my hair, it got gradually harder to run the precision comb through my hair, and it became nothing more than a tool to pull my hair out with each pass through my hair. At the end, I was left on the verge of tears and I really only finished my hair and got in the shower because my scalp was aching and I was becoming more and more frustrated. The Blonde came out yellow in some parts and bleach blonde in the others, and it really doesn't look very natural. Also, there's really no Ombre look, but more of a look of a poor attempt at a dip-dye. No gradiance, just a straight line of an uneven Blonde. I've dyed my hair before, and I think this is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever come out with.

Today, I dyed my hair with the Red Ombre because I'm tired of this hideous Blonde that I've had for about 2 days. On the box, it states that if you have previously dyed your hair, the red color may not be as vibrant as you'd like. I accepted that, but I did not think it would come out a Halloween orange, which it did. I think it has something to do with the shampoo they give you, because my hair WAS a darker shade of red until I washed it out with the shampoo. Ultimately, I'm not satisfied at all with either of these products, and I'm going to run to CVS sometime this week and buy a solid color to cover this mess up. It really looks horrible in my opinion, and its the last time I will attempt to do an Ombre look using these colors. I'm sure you could pull it off using another product that isn't meant for Ombre, but Loreal is really just selling a Bleaching kit with a tool that could yank some people's hair out.

on 7/16/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is the first hair coloring box i've ever used on myself, and although everyone else seems to have had a bad experience with this product i really liked it and received many compliments on my hair. i didn't really want my ombre to be blonde, i just wanted it to be a light brown. my technique was to split my hair by section, saturate the bottom of my hair first, and then after 5 minutes or so, i added the rest of the product higher up in my hair so that there is a gradient. the first time i used this i was too scared to make it too light so i left it on for about 35 minutes and it became a rich brown color. the second time i used this i became a little braver left it on longer and came up with a soft brown and a couple of lighter streaks (you can see my hair in the pictures, the girl with glasses lol). during the first couple of days my hair did look brassy BUT ONLY in a certain type of light. but other than that, the hair color blended nicely AND my hair is still nice and soft. i think the damage really just depends on the length of your hair and if its already been fried with other products -- because before i bleached my hair i cut off the split ends so i suggest cutting your hair beforehand if you want to see smooth results. also the technique of how you apply the dye onto your hair is also important -- don't just brush on a straight line across the bottom half of your hair. try varying longer and shorter streaks so that it is nicely blended.

on 7/10/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Used it on my hair, which is pretty dark. Basically brightened it to a very dim ginger.

You receive BARELY any dye in the bottle, probably just about half of the bottle - if that, and While the bottle is teeny. I ended up buying another but brighter L'oreal Ombre Kit to, but made no difference but brightened the ginger...

I also used to bleach my hair for 4-5 years straight constantly, stopped about a year ago. This dried out my hair worse than all those years bleaching combined.

I personally don't recommend it if you're trying to achieve a natural 'blonde' or ash blonde ombre. Not worth the money and time. Totally disgusting results too.

on 9/26/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have really long brunette hair, i bought this when it came out in the uk about September time last year. Its easy to use and i have since used it a further two times and the colour is alot lighter now. I left the colour on for about an hour each time and wrapped the hair with the colour on in tinfoil so it reacted better. The first time you use it, it does only change the colour very suttle so you may need to use it more than once but not too ofen as the bleach will ruin your hair x

on 4/8/2013 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I loved this. I'm extremely fair skinned with natural almost-black hair and i look awful blonde but this was life changing. I personally think that the ombre look is on its way out so instead i used this dye to create a reverse obmre (light on top, dark on bottom) and it turned out very well! I was skeptical because I usually prefer to mix my own dye with my favorite developer from sallys. I purchased the one made specifically for dark hair and prayed that it would turn out. I applied it, opting not to use the little black comb it comes with and let it sit for the appropriate amount of time. once it was washed out and my hair was dry I took the time to examine it and all I can say is that this product is the best. It turned out a perfect caramel color, with no brassy tones and my hair looks amazing and very trendy. I may not dislike box dyes as much as i thought I did, I may actually repurchase. Who knows if I'll go back to mixing my own color again.

Popular Hair Color Products