L'Oreal Paris Feria Wild Ombre

Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

3.0

on 10/19/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a Blonde Ombre and the Red Ombre from CVS on a whim. I used the Blonde first because I thought that if I messed it up, I could just cover it with the Red. The main problem I came across with the Blonde is that I did NOT realize it was a bleaching kit, or I otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Bleach fries my hair, and makes it tangled. I was a little let down by that, but I figured I had already spent the money, so I might as well continue. As I was putting the Bleach through my hair, it got gradually harder to run the precision comb through my hair, and it became nothing more than a tool to pull my hair out with each pass through my hair. At the end, I was left on the verge of tears and I really only finished my hair and got in the shower because my scalp was aching and I was becoming more and more frustrated. The Blonde came out yellow in some parts and bleach blonde in the others, and it really doesn't look very natural. Also, there's really no Ombre look, but more of a look of a poor attempt at a dip-dye. No gradiance, just a straight line of an uneven Blonde. I've dyed my hair before, and I think this is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever come out with.

Today, I dyed my hair with the Red Ombre because I'm tired of this hideous Blonde that I've had for about 2 days. On the box, it states that if you have previously dyed your hair, the red color may not be as vibrant as you'd like. I accepted that, but I did not think it would come out a Halloween orange, which it did. I think it has something to do with the shampoo they give you, because my hair WAS a darker shade of red until I washed it out with the shampoo. Ultimately, I'm not satisfied at all with either of these products, and I'm going to run to CVS sometime this week and buy a solid color to cover this mess up. It really looks horrible in my opinion, and its the last time I will attempt to do an Ombre look using these colors. I'm sure you could pull it off using another product that isn't meant for Ombre, but Loreal is really just selling a Bleaching kit with a tool that could yank some people's hair out.

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

on 7/16/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is the first hair coloring box i've ever used on myself, and although everyone else seems to have had a bad experience with this product i really liked it and received many compliments on my hair. i didn't really want my ombre to be blonde, i just wanted it to be a light brown. my technique was to split my hair by section, saturate the bottom of my hair first, and then after 5 minutes or so, i added the rest of the product higher up in my hair so that there is a gradient. the first time i used this i was too scared to make it too light so i left it on for about 35 minutes and it became a rich brown color. the second time i used this i became a little braver left it on longer and came up with a soft brown and a couple of lighter streaks (you can see my hair in the pictures, the girl with glasses lol). during the first couple of days my hair did look brassy BUT ONLY in a certain type of light. but other than that, the hair color blended nicely AND my hair is still nice and soft. i think the damage really just depends on the length of your hair and if its already been fried with other products -- because before i bleached my hair i cut off the split ends so i suggest cutting your hair beforehand if you want to see smooth results. also the technique of how you apply the dye onto your hair is also important -- don't just brush on a straight line across the bottom half of your hair. try varying longer and shorter streaks so that it is nicely blended.

I have medium brown hair, but because I've dyed it red toned in the past there are still hints of a red time in my hair.
Using this kit I expected it wouldn't go as blonde as I had had it dip dyed before (before I put red in it), and I was correct, the lighter "blonde" is somewhat copper toned on me. However I did buy a purple shampoo (Pro:Voke touch of silver) which will hopefully sort that out.
I used the kit how the video online explained, applying it to the ends first so they got the blondest then worked it up.. However that didn't really work for me, the colour is the same everywhere
I do really like it though, and for 6 it's really worth it. My ends don't feel dry or horrible, so I would recommend this to someone who wants a slightly lighter colour :)

on 10/29/2013 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like dying the ends of my hair because if I don't like the color, I can just cut it off right away. I decided to try out the ombre look, but I didn't want to go to my hairstylist who charges $50, which is a lot of money to me. I got this product for dark hair. It was the first time I dyed my hair on my own, but the directions were pretty easy to follow. I found the combing method to work well, and it prevented that harsh line between your natural hair color and the dye color. Unfortunately, because my hair is black, the color didn't show up as vibrant as it did on the box. It was noticeable, but not like the cover picture, even when I left the dye on for the maximum time as stated by the instructions. The color has lasted months, which is nice.

For the price, this is a great bargain. It works well, and I'm sure it would work even better for those with lighter hair.

Popular Hair Color Products