4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

Editing to add: There are cheaper dupes now and Sephora no longer has the monopoly on beauty sponges! I will note I have read a lot on the internet about some dupes being garbage so avoid the dollar store options. It's weird that there'd be any difference between sponges but I suppose maybe the material and denseness of the sponge is important. Real Techniques and Loreal are getting a lot of love for their knock offs. ---------------------- Welp, I might get a lot of downvotes for not loving this cult-classic beauty product. In fact...I hate it. God there are just so many things wrong with this. -Absorbs skincare. I am pale and skincare obsessed. This does absorb sunscreen. It's a damp sponge pressing into the skin. I only know for a fact it does because I monitored mine while wringing it out everyday. -Half of the product disappears into the sponge. I had to apply much more foundation to get the final look. -Unhygienic if you're unwilling to wash it daily. Bacteria can breed even overnight. That's why some break out while using these or even find mold once cut in half. *If you take good care of yours though - this should not be an issue.* I think it's just common sense... even traditional make up brushes need to be washed on a consistent basis. -My biggest issue with Beauty Blenders is they don't make my foundation look any better than applying with fingers. For the price, I better see a big difference. I was disappointed. SO MANY PEOPLE love this product so I understand I *am* in the minority here. It's still worth a shot, and may work for you way better than it did for me. But I thought I'd give my 2 cents on the matter. I kept trying to make it work for me, and in the end I threw it in the trash.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Love love love this beauty blender, people say there isnt a difference between the colors but i believe there is! This sponge seems lighter and the holes seem smaller which give my foundation a seemless finish which i love! For cleaning i clean my sponge every 3or 4 uses as i find this way it doesnt build up product that then doesnt effect my makeup. I use the beauty blender soil cleanser and although a little pricey for something so small i am never using anything else to clean my beauty blender!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

EyesHazel

3 years ago

It makes me angry that I love so much a tool that is so expensive. They say that you need to replace it after 3 months but I think this is only a marketing thing as I've used mine for one year (I took good care of it) and I can still use it. I tried other sponges and brushes but none of them seem to work as good as this. Makes the foundation flawless and blends so good the under eye concealer. I will buy this again for sure!

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Nice sponge, don't think it's better than other sponges *per se*. I mean, at the end of day it's just a sponge. However it applies my makeup nice, and I'm converted to use it for application. Biggest Con for me: It's a bitch to clean. I didn't clean it for a week there and I have been soaking, squeezing, soaping, soaking, squeezing for 40 mins now - and it still has lots of makeup coming out of it!!! My first one tore after a week, and has this chunk out of it not at the top. I still use it, but once it tears it soaks up the makeup even worse and its hard to get it out. My second one is fine, hasn't torn. So I guess it's hit and miss on what you get. Finally the price is exy, but I got my in a combo pack with Kat Von D's foundation so it was about $14 as opposed to $30. Would I buy it full price? Not sure, it seems excessive for a small piece of sponge.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I don't believe in the whole replacing this every three months so I will be keeping this for a very long time! I clean it with soap and water and occasionally put in the microwave which will help in killing bacteria. Soak in a cup of soapy water (Dawn) over night and it will come out super clean. Some say that there is no difference in the colors but ACCORDING TO THE SEPHORA WEBSITE there is. I don't apply moisturizer or anything like that with my white BB so not sure how good it is for that but I know my foundation applies really beautiful when using it. I have several foundations with different formulas and they apply differently when suing a brush vs a sponge. My Marc Jacobs Gel foundation is gorgeous when applied with a sponge.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

This beauty blender is not a gimmick, and it IS different from all the cheaper ones! It makes my face look even, flawless, and air brushed with the combination of its dampness and it picking up just the right amount of foundation/bb cream. It annoys me when people won't purchase because of the price, and would rather waste their time and money on dupes that don't/can't perform even close! I think I'm worth it, and it's only around $20 I mean come on - don't you think you're worth 20!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I held out to buy this because of the price, but it is 100% worth it. I had tried the cheaper versions that look the same (sephora brand, target, etc) and they do not compare. If you'd never used an authentic BB you might think eh this is okay, but as soon as I transitioned my makeup went on so much smoother and more natural looking. No caking, no flakes, so smooth and blended. I had doubts (how great can an egg shaped sponge be?) but this is amazing.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

4 years ago

BeautyBlender I chose the pure beautyblender because I didn't want to use a sponge with dye on my face because it's very sensitive. I wet the BeautyBlender with warm or cool water depending on the season and squeeze out the excess. I lightly press it around the edges of my foundation to give it a seamless look. I also use it for concealer and blush. I wash mine after every use with a fragrance-free sensitive skin bar soap and warm water. Squeeze out the excess and lay it on a paper towel to air dry. I was skeptical before I bought it, but now I'm very pleased with the look that it gives my makeup.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

4 years ago

I love my beauty blender! I originally was just using a random sponge I had bought at a drugstore, which did the job but didn't really provide the right coverage. Every time I would visit my friends house, I would use her beauty blender and was just amazed at the coverage it gave me. It was so easy to use and gave me a really nice finish of concelear/cream bronzer/foundation, or whatever else I was wearing that day. I was planning on buying it for myself but I eventually just got it as a birthday gift. I'm so glad I did because I love it! It makes applying foundation/concelear so much easier than using a brush or any other dupe sponge. It's starting to get a little dirty so I think the time has come to wash it. This product is definitely a must have. Although it's pretty pricey at about 20 dollars, it's still something I would repurchase if I misplaced the one I currently have. I also think the fact that there are several colors adds to the cute factor. Definitely a holy grail product!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

I love using a damp beauty blender to apply my foundation, flawless application.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm