Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.9

Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetratethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Ceteareth-20, Retinol, BHT, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Polyethylene, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PTFE, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance

I've bought this probably 4 or 5 times since it came out. I try other products but then always go back to this. This is the only product other than an AHA that significantly changes my skin overnight. Smoother, brighter, evened out and firmer in one night.

I only gave it 4 stars because it doesn't completely get rid of sun spots and age spots, but I haven't found a product that has yet; however, it does fade them significantly to the point that I'm very pleased with my skin without makeup and I can simply wear a tinted sunscreen.

I've learned the hard way that chemical sunscreens make my spots worse, so I use physical sunscreen (Laroche Posey tinted SPF 50 and Banana Boat baby SPF 50). Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide sunscreens are the only one that keep my sun spots at bay. You have to wear sunscreen when using this product or otherwise the spots will come back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Update 1/5/2015 I had to stop using this a week into my 2nd bottle as it became too drying and began to cause irritation. My skin was beginning to look dull and uneven again, as well as spotty. I don't know if it's the fragrance, formulation or if my skin really does just hate topical vitamin C. I would consider trying this again if they ever make an unscented version.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been using this for about 2 months now. Tried Rx retinoid a few years ago, and it was too harsh for my oily, sensitive, reactive skin. I had some luck with the Avene retinaldehydes, but I wanted to try something new, so I got this. It comes in a nice opaque glass bottle with a pump that twists shut to prevent oxidization. I wasn't sure what to expect as I've had hit or miss with vitamin C in products, but my skin really digs this. One pump is enough for my face and neck if applied while my skin is a bit damp at night. The lotion is sort of fluid-y, and not too creamy. The only thing I dislike about it is the fragrance. I personally feel it's unnecessary in facial skin care as a gal who has reactive skin. While I haven't reacted to this fragrance, I would love this even more if they made it unscented.

I have some hyperpigmentation from old spots, large-ish pores on my cheeks and nose as well as some melasma under my eyes and on the sides of my temples (thanks hormones!). I had previously been using the Reversa 8% glycolic night time with very slow and minimal results in terms of melasma. For post acne marks, it works brilliantly. Within a week of using this, my pigmentation definitely improved, my pores looked a bit smaller and my tone was overall a bit better and brighter. About 3 weeks into this, I noticed my skin looking a bit dull, so I introduced a plain konjac sponge into the mix when washing, in order to help exfoliate a bit. It helped somewhat, but I was noticing some pore congestion, and since I don't tolerate scrubs too well, and knew I needed exfoliation stronger than the konjac, I decided to alternate a few nights a week between this and my 8% glycolic. I found a happy medium! I have fewer minor breakouts now that I've found this happy little balance, and if my skin looks a bit dry or dull, or if I have a noticeable zit, I go with glycolic that night. If not, I use this. I notice this stuff is better than glycolic for fading post acne marks, but it will not heal my spots as fast as glycolic does. I already have a backup bottle of this in my product drawer. I don't apply this too close to my eyes, but where I have, I noticed the skin looking less bumpy (not milia, but not sure what those little under eye bumps are), so I bought a Neutrogena Rapid wrinkle eye cream to try at night as well (will review once I've used it a few more weeks).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I SWEARRRRR BY THIS STUFF! I am 42, with very light skin, and the past years of being out in the sun are starting to tell on me. I have several large brown patches on my face now that just surfaced within this past year....as well as red patches. :/
After ONE USE of this overnight, I already had started to see the brown fade....with daily use under my normal moisturizers, they area ll completely gone and my face now has one even skin tone. <3 !!!
You have to use it continuously though, it doesnt get rid of the imperfections, just fades them out....If I go a few days without use, the spots and patches are back. I will never be without a bottle of this. Pure miracle worker, for when I thought I was DOOMED!!
You might think it's a little pricey to be drug store material....around $16, but believe me....it's is well worth it. You won't regret it! This is good to add moisture, but def try out the more concentrated serum one....It works even faster, If you're not sensitive to Retinol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have repurchased this several times and try to use extra bucks or coupons at CVS, so it's quite affordable. I like the sturdiness of the packaging, and the locking pump that keeps out oxygen. While my sunspots aren't totally faded, they are minimized for sure. I found it to be way too drying around my nose, so I blend two pumps with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil each night, and that solved that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just finished a bottle of this and I loved it.I noticed soon after that my face was brighter and clearer looking and best of all makeup went on smoother and didn't need as much! Need to buy more!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to love this product because of all the promises and hype but I can't.

Four reasons why: First, it's gummy, which means that I have to spend a good 5 minutes (no exaggeration!) making sure of an even application. I just don't have that kind of time in the morning, esp. when so many other moisturizers don't have this problem. Second, it didn't improve my tone to a noticeable degree. Third, it's kinda greasy on my combo skin, which means that it doesn't work well under my makeup, esp. my tinted moisturizer. Lastly, for a drugstore moisturizer, it's over $20!

On the positive side, it didn't irritate my acne prone skin.

Overall, I still love Neutrogena, just not this product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To start I am not a big fan of Neutrogena, however this product intrigued me. I typically use replenix which is 3x the price. I use replenix because it is supposed to have soothing ingredients, however I found this product to be more soothing and tolerable than the replenix. I found this to be just as effective in my night regiment and I am am happy with the results thus far. Yes I will repurchase and save my money or other things.

Popular Moisturizers