Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation. I’m about to finish my third bottle and will definitely be getting my fourth. I have very oily-skin with lots of scarring and redness. Many foundations have broke me out or gets eaten away by my oils. However, this doesn’t do that at all. It has a strong lasting power and a beautiful matte to satin finish (depends on the application). For a full coverage look, I like to use a dense brush. And for a more light, everyday look, I use my fingers. I’ve tried it with a damp sponge and it looks very nice too! Blends nicely with all different applications. If you’re looking to try a new foundation, this is worth it :)

The only downsides are the price (about 60$ CAD) and the packaging (it can get messy if you’re not careful).

on 5/25/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I’m yet to find any foundation that performs anywhere near as well as this.

I have oily skin that gets dehydrated and I can get dry patches if I dont keep it hydrated. I have a lot of blemishes in the form of scarring and redness, mostly around my jaw and chin.

While this is a full coverage foundation, I find it does not cling to dry patches and does not feel heavy on the skin.

This foundation lasts incredibly well, and only starts to break down on my oily T-Zone after 12+ hours of wear.

Will keep repurchasing this forever probably.

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I write this long overdue conclusion that truly grieves me. My relationship with this foundation has endured for 3 years and although I was deeply in denial for the majority of that time I can now face reality and say definitively that Estee Lauder Double Wear breaks me out. Basically, I am both a makeup junkie and someone that takes very good care of her skin. I never fall asleep in my makeup and even when stumbling into my house drunk at 3AM after a wild party I still indulge in my skincare routine. I use the double or triple cleansing method where I remove makeup with a cleansing oil, use a face wash and follow up with a toner and a chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid, AHA, BHA etc. The only reason I'm even sharing this information is because I feel like whenever someone pops up and accuses Double Wear of residual effects people are so quick to judge like "Well maybe you're not removing it properly" or "It could be something else in your beauty routine".
For years I was convincing myself that it was my face wash, moisturizer, primer, diet, dehydration, pollen in the air, my cat etc. I never considered for a moment that it was in fact this foundation because I just didn't want to believe it. It is the #1 bestselling foundation and the fancy blue box itself claims the formula is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. I also find it strange that although I am not the only person who has experienced this nobody has been able to successfully pinpoint the actual ingredient(s) that may be causing breakouts. The truth is anytime I have this in my makeup rotation and especially when I wear it on a continual basis my pores become clogged, my complexion looks dull and I get these wet angry pimples on my chin and jaw area. But when I put this at the back of my makeup drawer and use other foundations my skin mysteriously clears up to the point I honestly don't even need a foundation. Its like the more I wear ELDW the more I need to wear it because my skin looks so bad.

I'm just so heartbroken about this because I adored literally everything about this foundation for a very long time. I recently bought a new bottle and I will likely return it because I am no longer willing to have pimply unattractive skin so I can continue to wear it. It's time to break up and finally let Estee Lauder Double Wear go...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation! It sits on the skin really well. You have to use it with a good primer otherwise I think it slides off the face and clings to any dry patches you might have. When wearing this I don't use any concealer as the foundation is already high coverage. I set the main areas with powder still. Its a full coverage foundation with good consistency.
However the only thing that lets it down is the bottle itself. It has no pump but you can get one for an additional cost.So if you are just pouring it be careful as you might pour too much and waste it. You get a pretty standard amount of product in the bottle.
I would definitely repurchase this as its one of my go to foundations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanna start with the packaging. The packaging really bothers me because it would be my fault if I slipped and broke the bottle, I'm super clumsy, sorry! I still need to lighten the shade a bit and I'm in shade 1C0 Shell. The lightest shade on the Sephora website. THE LIGHTEST! If I still need to lighten the product to get it to match me perfectly then you know I'm pale. The formula is not my favourite, it might be to someone else, but for me it's just too cakey and looks patchy in certain areas and I know I'm blending it in correctly. Overall, not the worst but would not buy again.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this....

Really needed a new foundation and was wanted something different to the one i have been using for years (Mac Studio Fix SPF 15) and really researched around.... I have really oily skin so wanted something that wouldn't slide off my face after a few hours and keep my makeup in place!

First off - this is expensive. I paid £32.50 and thats the highest i've paid for a foundation so had high hopes.

Dont get me wrong, the packaging looks fancy. It's in a really nice, glass clear bottle and looks good on my makeup desk! But it doesnt come with a pump and they dont even sell one seperatly. You waste sooo much product when you have to pour it on your hand (Also, it stains your hands for hours!!!)

Maybe i was putting it on wrong, maybe it's my skin, not sure...But it didnt look great at all. It's quite clay-like and has a pinkish tone. It's really thick but still managed to slide around my face and made me extremely oily.

I got my friend to try this who has normal-dry skin and she hated it, agreed it was like a clay mask and didnt like the tone of it.

There's better out there - i've gone back to my mac one and now used mac primer and the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer (AMAZING!)

on 3/22/2018 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Okay let me just start off by saying this, this is not an everyday foundation! It’s a beautiful foundation if you want to have a super flawless dolled up for the club for hoenanigans look. It’s very full coverage and it stays on forever, but it’s too cakey looking for everyday. But it does cover everything and I would definitely say use it for special occasions. Unless you like the full full coverage. Personally, I only use it when I’m going out clubbing or somewhere where I need to look extra.