Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM

i love how it blends

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

I had heard so much about this foundation and so many amazing reviews and decided to give it a go... However I'm not impressed. This foundation must be for more oily skin as I have quite dry skin and it doesn't work for me. It makes my skin look dry and powdery and Cakey in areas, no matter how little I put on and no matter how I apply it, it doesn't change the appearance! I was so excited to try this and I feel as if it's a complete waste of money when there's probably better drugstore foundations for dryer skin! Deffo give a go if your skin is oily tho!

on 12/14/2016 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The staying power on this is amazing! I hardly ever have to touch up, it will happily stay on 12+ hours. I was a little bit disappointed with the coverage, I usually have to do 2 layers to get a decent amount, which used a lot more product, however, it is buildable and doesn't go cakey. I've found the best application is with a beauty blender. For more coverage I'll mix with a bit of becca ultimate coverage foundation - it saves doing the second layer. The packaging is classy, a pump would be nice but not completely nessesary. Didn't have any sort of reaction, wasn't drying etc, just make sure you remove it properly as this stuff doesn't want to budge! Will repurchase!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this foundation. I felt it on all day and it made my pores and texture look worse. It also made me breakout, even though I took off properly. Or did I? I mean, it would probably be better to use an oil makeup remover with such a resilient foundation, however whenever I try one of those my skin breaks out. The packaging looks ok but the lack of a pump makes considerable waste a true possibility. On the positive side, it lasted better than any other foundation I have ever used and covered everything without looking too caked on. Also, the return policy of the UK official website is impeccable.

I can see why so many people love this and admittedly I have difficult skin at the moment, combination bu dehydrated, some textural issues and large pores... Along with dryness from using treatments on my chin... Also, I cannot use balm cleansers or anything like that so this foundation can be a challenge for me to remove. It would probably suit people with oily skin who don't have textural issues and like a made up look rather than a 'no makeup' look.

on 11/12/2016 8:56:00 PM

I'm really on the fence with this foundation. Firstly, I am in love with the longevity. Like everyone says, it lasts ALL day. All day. This is huge because of my extremely oily skin being a cause of concern for me. However formulation aside it actually has quite a few cons and I can't decide if they outweigh the one thing I actually need in a foundation, which is compatibility with my skin. The shades are a problem. I've tried numerous shades all of which have had a slight orange tint to them which is incredibly annoying and the only way I'm making it work now is by using a lighter powder to set. But by the end of the day I feel like I look really orange, unfortunately. Next, this is not one of those foundations that feel like you're not wearing any makeup. With this, I feel like I am wearing mask. It's heavy. It's not like some of my other foundations that look really natural on the skin. It's one of those foundations where your husband will tell you that you don't need all of that makeup on. So beware if you're going for a more natural look. All this aside, if you have oily skin this foundation is great but depending on your skin tone you'll really have to work with it to get your match perfect. Bottom line, would I repurchase this? Probably, but only because it is the longest lasting foundation I've ever used however, I would only use this on days that I really, really need it to go all day. I think for just an everyday type of foundation there are many better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the only foundation a can say is an almost perfect colour match, and lasts however long i wear it. That isn't usually 15 hours but it lasts as long as i need it to. Is is very high coverage and you need to apply it very quickly because it dries on your skin within seconds of you swiping it on. I do one cheek at a time after i do my forehead and nose so it doesn't set too quickly. One thing i learned very quickly with this is... You don't need to apply much. It may not seem like it, but a little goes a long way! I would recommend that in came with a pump of some sort so peole have the option of using it like that instead of having to tip the bottle to extract foundation. Essentially, exellent colour range, long lasting coverage, and very little needed for flawless application so i would highly recommend this.

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

on 10/22/2016 11:03:00 AM

I use this foundation on an everyday basis. Had been searching for a long time to find a foundation that lasts long throughout the day, especially around my oily t-zone, and I believe I have found the right one at last! The foundation is full coverage yet non-cakey, and blends so easily with a damp beauty blender (my applicator of choice as it helps to sheer out the coverage for a more everyday look). It lasts for hours on end, I put it on early in the morning and by nighttime it still looks flawless - no need to put any powder on throughout the day! Only issue I do have with it however, is that it doesn't do justice under flash photography as it provides a flashback because of the SPF! Therefore, I am now on the hunt to find a full coverage foundation with as much staying power as this one that will give me that photo-perfect finish!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best product for oily skin
Lasts all day especially if i use it with a good base product.
Smooth aplication but beware because it dries really fast.
Best colour shades ever
You shoud try it if you suffer from oily skin