Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.9

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is absolutely worth the price and the awkward bottle.
As someone with pretty oily skin, blemishes, and redness, this works wonders.
This never transfers, even after my oils start to come through later through the day. It blends amazingly, however I would recommend the use of a Beauty Blender, or other sponge, over a brush because this helps marry the foundation with the skin much more naturally.
The colours selection is fantastic, and as the very lightest shade (1C0 Shell), I was so impressed with all the choice, and how well it matches me.
I do have gripes with this foundation however. I find I need to use a pore filling primer underneath this (Benefit POREfessional is my personal favourite), as it can sit a little odd in my nose pores. It can be very drying for those with more combo skin, so I use a moisturiser beforehand. However, this can mix nicely with your moisturiser for a more radiant finish. It doesn't come with a pump, which sucks, but to me, I don't tend to mind because the product is so good. I cannot recommend this enough. A lot of people dupe the Revlon Colourstay with this, but I have to be honest, this is so much bette. It doesn't break me out, it looks beautiful, and it lasts all day.
Absolutely invest in this if you can.

on 4/8/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Packaging needs improvement. It's so dated not to have a pump to dispense the foundation.

Aside from that, oily and pimply girls like me would enjoy this foundation A LOT. It doesn't break me out and stays on 16 hours no joke. I do feel a huge difference on days I don't use it as I will experience oily skin after a long day at work. Would purchase this over and over again.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 12/3/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple foundation in my collection. I will warn you this is defiantly a full coverage foundation on the matte side. If you like more a light, dewy foundation this is defiantly not for you. This is not a natural looking foundation. I wear this on days I want my foundation to last the whole day and cover everything. It is a great foundation and looks really nice on the skin. Good choice for oily skinnned girls. I took took off a lippy as for the price it should have a pump.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

on 10/10/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wear this in Rich Cocoa and it is everything I could ever want in a foundation and more. I didn't want to like it anymore. After they changed the formula I was horrified. But my old bottles were used up and I just took the plunge. I still love Estée Lauder for giving us Double Wear. For an oily she-beast, this wears so well. I mean your oiliness will look like a glow. And when you blot, only oil comes off, not foundation. I love that this smells like paint. As I have said in previous reviews, I love makeup and I do not go in wanting to look like I have no makeup on. That being said, this applies well with beauty blenders and brushes alike. I prefer using a brush because it takes less time. This covers beautifully and locks into place, never budging or smudging. Top this up with the corresponding concealer from this line and you have one face that is beat to the heavens. I also love how hard it is to take this off. I use an oil many times because a makeup remover just won't do. This is my soul mate in foundation form. I swear I will always have this in my stash.

on 9/26/2016 3:49:00 AM

My first review on here ever.. why? This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation!
I am an extremely critical person when it comes to product reviews so here goes...

Does it live up to its name? Yes! It stays in place for a long time too!
I wear this to work and it would last me the whole day, from 10 am - 6 pm. It's excellent for my skin when it's normal - oily. One day, I wore this foundation through work for 8 hours, then kept wearing it for a 21st birthday party afterwards till around 1 am at night. That's 15 hours! Yes, my skin did start to look oily and the make-up did start to slide off a bit, but it made my skin look dewy.
So, if you wear this foundation for all day, make sure you have blotching papers with you and blotch when necessary, you can also touch up a bit, if you really have to after many, many hours.
The coverage is build-able and doesn't look cake-y, it looks more like skin than make-up unlike other foundations such as MAC Face & Body (as long as it's the same skin tone as you!)
If you want, you could put a loose powder over it to help it set or have heavier coverage for occasions where the camera will be used a lot.
It has many different shades to suit all types of skin tones from what I know. I use 2N1 Desert Beige, suitable for my Asian skin tone.

Warning to people with dry, flaky skin, or when skin gets dehydrated in Autumn/Winter - do not use this foundation unless you've prepped it well with a good moisturiser! When my skin gets dehydrated this foundation makes my face look really dry. Hence the 4 lippies.

The packaging could be better, perhaps if it had a pump lid, its rather runny as well so when I pour it out I often pour more than I need.

It's well worth the price as it does what it says, stays in place!

on 9/14/2016 11:26:00 AM

My absolute favorite. I tried other foundations but I always come back to this. Even after hours, I still look great! I have a very oily, acne prone skin. I apply this in the morning and still look decent after 10-12 hours. I wore this during the summer and didn't have problems with melting and transferring. During days I forget to put on moisturizer, it can make the sides of my nose area very dry. Overall, not a problem with me. I really love this foundation!

on 9/6/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used to wear this foundation back in high school. I decided to give it a try again because I've been looking for the best foundation to stand up to my 12+ hr days. This foundation is not the one. There are a few problems with it. There are so many colors, but not a single match for me. I'm cool and pale (but I don't think I'm THAT pale), and cool bone is too dark/orangey on me. The foundation also does not seem to ever sink into my skin. It just sits there and doesn't even really look good when first applied. I feel like it highlights my imperfections rather than covering them. It also doesn't even last all day. It doesn't look good when my oil peeks through, and it highlights any little dry spot as the day goes on. I just got a sample of this and do not plan on purchasing.