Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 12/3/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple foundation in my collection. I will warn you this is defiantly a full coverage foundation on the matte side. If you like more a light, dewy foundation this is defiantly not for you. This is not a natural looking foundation. I wear this on days I want my foundation to last the whole day and cover everything. It is a great foundation and looks really nice on the skin. Good choice for oily skinnned girls. I took took off a lippy as for the price it should have a pump.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

on 10/10/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I wear this in Rich Cocoa and it is everything I could ever want in a foundation and more. I didn't want to like it anymore. After they changed the formula I was horrified. But my old bottles were used up and I just took the plunge. I still love Estée Lauder for giving us Double Wear. For an oily she-beast, this wears so well. I mean your oiliness will look like a glow. And when you blot, only oil comes off, not foundation. I love that this smells like paint. As I have said in previous reviews, I love makeup and I do not go in wanting to look like I have no makeup on. That being said, this applies well with beauty blenders and brushes alike. I prefer using a brush because it takes less time. This covers beautifully and locks into place, never budging or smudging. Top this up with the corresponding concealer from this line and you have one face that is beat to the heavens. I also love how hard it is to take this off. I use an oil many times because a makeup remover just won't do. This is my soul mate in foundation form. I swear I will always have this in my stash.

on 9/26/2016 3:49:00 AM

My first review on here ever.. why? This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation!
I am an extremely critical person when it comes to product reviews so here goes...

Does it live up to its name? Yes! It stays in place for a long time too!
I wear this to work and it would last me the whole day, from 10 am - 6 pm. It's excellent for my skin when it's normal - oily. One day, I wore this foundation through work for 8 hours, then kept wearing it for a 21st birthday party afterwards till around 1 am at night. That's 15 hours! Yes, my skin did start to look oily and the make-up did start to slide off a bit, but it made my skin look dewy.
So, if you wear this foundation for all day, make sure you have blotching papers with you and blotch when necessary, you can also touch up a bit, if you really have to after many, many hours.
The coverage is build-able and doesn't look cake-y, it looks more like skin than make-up unlike other foundations such as MAC Face & Body (as long as it's the same skin tone as you!)
If you want, you could put a loose powder over it to help it set or have heavier coverage for occasions where the camera will be used a lot.
It has many different shades to suit all types of skin tones from what I know. I use 2N1 Desert Beige, suitable for my Asian skin tone.

Warning to people with dry, flaky skin, or when skin gets dehydrated in Autumn/Winter - do not use this foundation unless you've prepped it well with a good moisturiser! When my skin gets dehydrated this foundation makes my face look really dry. Hence the 4 lippies.

The packaging could be better, perhaps if it had a pump lid, its rather runny as well so when I pour it out I often pour more than I need.

It's well worth the price as it does what it says, stays in place!

on 9/14/2016 11:26:00 AM

My absolute favorite. I tried other foundations but I always come back to this. Even after hours, I still look great! I have a very oily, acne prone skin. I apply this in the morning and still look decent after 10-12 hours. I wore this during the summer and didn't have problems with melting and transferring. During days I forget to put on moisturizer, it can make the sides of my nose area very dry. Overall, not a problem with me. I really love this foundation!

on 9/6/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used to wear this foundation back in high school. I decided to give it a try again because I've been looking for the best foundation to stand up to my 12+ hr days. This foundation is not the one. There are a few problems with it. There are so many colors, but not a single match for me. I'm cool and pale (but I don't think I'm THAT pale), and cool bone is too dark/orangey on me. The foundation also does not seem to ever sink into my skin. It just sits there and doesn't even really look good when first applied. I feel like it highlights my imperfections rather than covering them. It also doesn't even last all day. It doesn't look good when my oil peeks through, and it highlights any little dry spot as the day goes on. I just got a sample of this and do not plan on purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can never find a foundation that stays on my REALLY oily skin for more than a couple of hours, NO exaggeration. This foundation stays on for AGES!!!! Until I wash it off. No words to describe how much I love this foundation!!!!

on 8/22/2016 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Estee Lauder DW is a very unique and beautiful foundation and I've given it such a high rating because if it didn't cause me to slightly breakout this would be my holy grail for summer months and for events.

The consistency is light, goes on smoothly with any type of application method, provides medium to full coverage but can be sheered as well with a primer or moisturiser. The most important thing is that it matches my skin tone. I am a NC35 and use Tawny 3W1.

I have received compliments with this foundation but people know it's foundation, i know it's not natural looking, like say a TM. This gives an airbrushed look, keeps you matte and stays on all day, not sure about transfer resistant, bc of my skin type.

I have oily skin so this gets dewy on my nose and chin, but that in my book is great. Most break up and become overall shiny, this does not. It holds oil very well and does not break apart on my face.

I love this, but because I hate dealing with any possibility of breakouts I tend to stay away, and stick to products not so heavy duty. If you like flawless makeup and you don't breakout from this I consider you really lucky.

on 8/19/2016 9:25:00 PM

Absolutely gorgeous! What I do is actually put a light layer of facial oil on first (over moisturizer) let that soak in less than a minute and then stipple a pea size amount of DW in one layer with my damp beauty blender. If I feel like I need a second layer then I use another small pea of foundation. The key with this foundation is layering in very tiny amounts. The oil underneath completely transformed my "liking" of the foundation into a whole other level of love. It looks so perfect and makes me feel perfect as well covering any blemishes or marks including a small sunspot near my ear. It beautifully melts into my skin and doesn't look cakey or heavy (even around my nose which seems to be my cracking flaky points for some reason but the oil resolved that) for reference I am fair NW15 and use the color cool bone. It matches very nicely. Oh one tip about the lack of pump.. I walked over the Mac counter and bought a pump from them; if fits DW perfectly. Problem solved