Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

this is my HG foundation however I have to be remached it oxydizes on my oily skin,I ended up ordering from their site more than 2 months ago,and I never received it .customer service told me they are looking in to the matter ,never got back ..but still love the foundation tho.like the product not the people behind the product ..would give it 5 stars.

WARNING: This review is not going to be about the formula of this amazing foundation but rather geared at people with a skin tone like mine who are having difficulty with the vast shade selection and differentiating between the undertones.

I have fair skin with a neutral undertone with a slight tinge of yellow on the neck and chest. I was originally matched at a department store to 1W1 Bone and went along with it for awhile but then later realized it was too yellow for me. This shade is a little disproportionate in my opinion because it's super yellow for how pale it is. Tried pretty much every other shade and some were better than others. 1C1 Cool Bone is fair but has a peachy orange undertone that I hated, 1N1 Ivory nude is a lovely creamy shade but a little *too* pale, 1N2 Ecru is an interesting shade that looks great on some days but weird on others, 2N1 Desert Beige is a unique shade that would look beautiful on somebody who has light skin with olive undertones etc.
Recently Estee Lauder released a couple new random shades so I decided to try 2W0 Warm Vanilla aaaaaand... it's perfect! It's actually less yellow than Bone. It's a really pretty shade for us girls that are pale skinned but with only slight yellow undertones. So I would concur that the numbering system is a little out of sync. It would probably be best to sample several shades before making the purchase of this foundation.

P.S If I am fake tanning I use (or mix) 3W1 Tawny because its such a beautiful olive tanned shade that doesn't look orange and complements the tan.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When you need coverage and longevity Double Wear is still the gold standard for a department store foundation. Now that it has been out 20 plus years, I would like to see the formula tweaked to look more modern and skin like. I recommend going extremely light with your powder or it is going to be a heavy and very unnatural look. A dusting of loose only on the nose cheeks forehead and chin is all that should be needed no matter the skin type, and many should be able to get away with just blotting the foundation once it sets to take off the top most shine left over. I personally like to see it without a powder on normal skin types. Be aware you will need good facial cleanser to remove Double Wear or you may start having breakouts. Many of the cleansing facial oils work well to break it down, and even after that I would suggest a foaming cleanser or at least a swiping of toner to make sure all traces are wiped away. I've seen many women through the years who would splurge on their Double Wear and skimp on their cleanser and it just does work out. Be careful about the bottle. It is glass and there is no pump. Don't dip dirty fingers or brushes on the open top. I wish Estee Lauder would make a pump. Really cheap on their part for such a high end and well loved product.

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is absolutely worth the price and the awkward bottle.
As someone with pretty oily skin, blemishes, and redness, this works wonders.
This never transfers, even after my oils start to come through later through the day. It blends amazingly, however I would recommend the use of a Beauty Blender, or other sponge, over a brush because this helps marry the foundation with the skin much more naturally.
The colours selection is fantastic, and as the very lightest shade (1C0 Shell), I was so impressed with all the choice, and how well it matches me.
I do have gripes with this foundation however. I find I need to use a pore filling primer underneath this (Benefit POREfessional is my personal favourite), as it can sit a little odd in my nose pores. It can be very drying for those with more combo skin, so I use a moisturiser beforehand. However, this can mix nicely with your moisturiser for a more radiant finish. It doesn't come with a pump, which sucks, but to me, I don't tend to mind because the product is so good. I cannot recommend this enough. A lot of people dupe the Revlon Colourstay with this, but I have to be honest, this is so much bette. It doesn't break me out, it looks beautiful, and it lasts all day.
Absolutely invest in this if you can.

on 4/8/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Packaging needs improvement. It's so dated not to have a pump to dispense the foundation.

Aside from that, oily and pimply girls like me would enjoy this foundation A LOT. It doesn't break me out and stays on 16 hours no joke. I do feel a huge difference on days I don't use it as I will experience oily skin after a long day at work. Would purchase this over and over again.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 12/3/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple foundation in my collection. I will warn you this is defiantly a full coverage foundation on the matte side. If you like more a light, dewy foundation this is defiantly not for you. This is not a natural looking foundation. I wear this on days I want my foundation to last the whole day and cover everything. It is a great foundation and looks really nice on the skin. Good choice for oily skinnned girls. I took took off a lippy as for the price it should have a pump.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.