Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 2/18/2017 4:54:00 AM

Very good coverage and stayed true to its claim that it is Long wearing, water and smear proof. Can look cakey after a few hours and settle into crease lines around mouth area. Blends amazingly and definitely one of my Favourite foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little bit about me, my skin is sensitive and combination. I generally like foundations that look natural and are lightweight, not too heavy on my face. I personally did not like this foundation. First of all it was not easy to apply, it wasn't very spreadable. It was pretty thick and didn't go on well with my beauty blender, I think you would need to put this on with a brush instead. I also think its way too matte, if you have dry skin I would recommend to stay away. It didn't feel heavy on my skin more like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also looks like you are wearing makeup , if you like the natural look I wouldn't recommend this for you. Overall , I did not particularly like this foundation and I would not repurchase. I found myself wanting to go home and wash it off already. So it's a no for me.

on 2/13/2017 7:44:00 AM

Definitely a must buy. Recently bought this for the first time, haven't even had it a week and I love it so much. Amazing product for people like me who have combination skin, doesn't dry the face out but also isn't too oily, feels very light on the face and is medium to full coverage depending on how much you build it up. The coverage is really good. I think this would be a great foundation for those who have mild/moderate acne as it doesn't have any ingredients that clog the pores. The foundation stays on all day and needs very minimal top up if ever needed. Makes the face look like an airbrush finish and applies really well with a sponge / beauty blender but a brush works miracles too. It also goes perfectly with the double wear concealer!!!! Happy customer and will definitely be buying this again when I run out!

P.s make sure to actually go in to the shop and get the right colour by asking for a colour match rather than just guessing online as there may be a few shades that match your skin tone and they can apply them all on your skin so you can pick your favourite shade.

on 2/10/2017 4:28:00 PM

I used this foundation for about a year and I really wanted to like it. It covers very well but I'm pretty sure it made me break out. Taking it off at night is also a chore. I have to wash my face 3 times to get all of it off... that cant be a good sign. I probably will not purchase again.

on 2/10/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

mmm well i have oily skin with some spots jut just a few....This product gives you a full coverage ,it has a good duration and you will look just a bit white in photos cause SPF...The big DISADVANTAGE it is that clog your pores and skin cannot breath ...i have to do antiacne therapy after this foundation...Not for everyday!!!Warning girls!!!

on 2/6/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought this product for 5 years. It is not the only foundation i use but it,s the best regarding longevity , it stays on your skin many hours and if you use powder even more...you can wake up with it in a good shape :))) i do not recommend it if you want a radiant skin. It has no radiance but it has a very good coverage.i am using more than one foundation and if i want a glow finish i prefer other products

I was super excited to try this foundation after all the awesome reviews. My first impression was the smell. It literally smells like paint, and it claims the foundation is unscented. I also felt like the foundation was extremely difficult to work with, it seems to dry very fast before you have time to blend it in. It also seems to be very heavy and cakey if you dot it on, you need to either apply with a brush or a sponge NOT with your fingers or directly on your face. The coverage I got wasn't worth the effort of applying this makeup. I felt pretty good leaving the house after I finally figured out how to apply it, but then while I was in the restroom at the restaurant in different lighting, it seemed to be really heavy and cakey on my skin, accentuating every single line or dry patch. I think this would be a good foundation for someone with really oily smooth skin or a few blemishes, but not for someone with combo skin and dry patches, large pores or any texture issues. It definitely accentuates them, but I guess that could be said for any full coverage foundation. I guess my skin just likes BB creams better. ALSO, PLEASE give this foundation a pump!! Dumping it out all over your hand just wastes product and is not hygenic.

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard

on 1/24/2017 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah double wear foundation! I dont want to but I love you so much!!
On those days (most days) when i wake up and look in the mirror , thinking about all the stuff I gotta do and not wanting to face it all looking washed up & crappy I turn to you...and i KNOW whatever else goes on during the day my makeups not gonna let me down and its basically one less worry! So if anyones reading this wondering if its worth the price/hype , my humble opinion is, it is!

Have been buying for 3/4 years now and its quality foundation.
Bought 'shell' shade first, was too pink.
'Honey bronze' very nice, veeeery tan...(ma skin is quite fair skin!! Who cares :) i like being tan)
'Tawny' very nice, too pale (i prefer yellow undertones, think it counteracts any redness & looks nicer on my skin) good for winter
'Cashew' shade am using right now. Love it. Nice and yellow and tanned looking. But there are tons of shades to choose from. Get testers first :)

Apply with brush. Apply serum , sunblock under and rimmel powder to set.
Drink the coffee, slap on the makeup and its all that bit brighter!