Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

This did NOT do the job for me. After only 30 minutes the foundations sat i my mimic lines (not wrinkles but the places where my face moves naturally) I'm really sad cause I've heard so many nice things about this product and I was really expecting my new go-to foundation. I did not use any primer under the foundation since I read it was best without. But yeah.. not a foundation for me at least :(

on 4/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

Number one foundation. It smoothes all imperfections, pores become invisible and whenever I wear this foundation I just fall in love with my skin. Its not difficult to apply, but I have to pay attention and have a good light when applying it. Lasts forever. Sweat resistant. Not drying. Hard to wash off.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.

on 4/24/2017 4:37:00 AM

I love this stuff, great coverage and long wear. Always repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my Holy Grail foundation. I use the shade Ivory Nude.
I typically have oily skin, but lately -- thanks to a certain acne gel -- it has been mostly combo normal/dry with some pretty dry patches on my chin area. This foundation looks great all day regardless of my skin type!

PROS:
Decent shade ranges.
Medium coverage that is quite buildable.
Doesn't settle into fine lines or cake up.
Dries down quickly and is definitely transfer-proof within minutes.
Very long-lasting, even in Florida heat and humidity.
Controls oil for those with oily skin, but doesn't further dry out those with dry skin.
Non-acnegenic

CONS:
Funky, paint-like foundation smell (dissipates very quickly, just don't smell the product inside the bottle).
Packaging is meh. No pump. Standard glass bottle with lightweight screw-on cap. Nothing special and certainly not overly cute or fancy aesthetically.
Oxidises slightly after about five minutes.

The price was pretty standard for a high end foundation, $40 USD for 1.0floz. I, personally, feel that's a bit pricy, but definitely worth it for me. I use L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte for "off days" when I'm just going to the grocery store and whatnot.

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on the hunt for a med to full coverage foundation. This didn't come to mind intial. I tried MUFE ,Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Pro Longwear and Tarte Amazonian clay recently but didn't love any of them accept MPL. After reading so many rave reviews I figured it was time to give DW a try. I just applied it for the 1rst time and I gotta say.....I'm totally impressed with it!! Absolutely flawless coverage without a heavy look and feel. Only one application was all I needed. It didnt make my skin a flat mat, more of a demi mat, satin finish. There's still a translucency to my skin which I want, but didnt except to get from this formula. I applied it over Mac Strobe cream with a Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I'm nc25 so Sand is perfect for me and has a nice olive yellow undertone, not orange as Mac Pro Longwear is. As far as wear time, I can't say at this point, but assuming will be great. If you haven't tried it yet I would do so.

on 4/20/2017 2:27:00 AM

I love this foundation. I will say it definitely took some getting used to, and I had to try a few different ways of applying it to make it work best for me. Once I got the hang of it, however, it is absolutely flawless with every single application! I have oily skin and after a lot of trial and error I discovered that for the most perfect coverage for my skin type, I need to mix the Double Wear with a bit of serum (I use Lauder Idealist or Lancôme Visionnaire). Then I apply with a dense foundation brush, buffing outward from the center of my face. I find that for me, the primers I have tried with Double Wear tend to make it look a bit splotchy, so I skip a primer with this foundation. Sometimes I set with a little powder but usually the Double Wear + serum is perfect. Wish the bottle had a pump but besides that, Double Wear lives up to its hype! Play with it a bit and find what works best for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and have absolutely no regrets about buying it, granted I am not usually a high-end foundation splurger because I feel like there are some great drugstore options available.

My only issue with this foundation, if you could call it that, is that I bought it under the impression it was full coverage when I find it to be more of a medium coverage. Is that a problem? No, because I have several medium coverage foundations that are well-loved, and my skin has been doing pretty well as of late so it's not really needed, but after hearing so much hype on how doll-like this makes the skin look, I was preparing for an almost immediate flawless canvas.

I was able to build this up in a couple areas where I wanted a bit of extra coverage and it ended up looking gorgeous, so I was a little mad at myself for being slightly disappointed at first. It does have a perfect satiny, not dewy but not totally matte finish that sits very natural on the skin. I can imagine all skin types playing well with this because it did not dry down totally at first, but after being set with powder it did not get oily at all throughout the day.

This truly did last very well after many hours of wear, and I didn't notice any of the telltale signs of bad foundation- separation, oxidizing, dry patches or breakouts. I have heard this has considerable flashback in flash photos, so I won't be risking that, but otherwise this is a fantastic everyday foundation that can be trusted with long hours of wear. The lack of a pump is somewhat irritating, but nothing I can't get past.