Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

on 12/26/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and post acne scarring & discoloration. This foundation makes my skin look not only flawless but natural. And it stays on all day despite my oil production. Very impressive. People actually think my skin looks this way naturally (haha). Only thing is I wish it was more full coverage. With other foundations I use a beauty blender but for some reason I have to use a brush with this. Otherwise it just doesn’t cover well. It does blend very well, though. I also hate that it doesn’t have a pump yet. It’s expensive enough to have a pump-c’mon now EL. UPDATE: Do not buy this if you have dry skin! I had forgotten that it dries to dry patches badly until winter rolled around. Just reminded me that if I had dry skin all the time, I would not purchase.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation is by far one of the most popular foundation in the EL range. This is a long lasted, fuller coverage with a very matte finish. I do not recommend this for anyone with dry or even normal skin because it's so matte. Don't even think about getting this when you have flaky skin.

This is a more higher end foundation but the colour range is good. All I can say is this is a good very matte foundation for anyone with oily skin and well moisturised skin

on 3/15/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a greaat foundation for oily skin. The pros are : It doesnt transfer, it's truly lasts on the skin, i'm sure even longer than the 15hours it claims. it is full coverage so it will cover EVERYTHING !! If you like natural looking foundations, you might want to pass on this one. The only thing i dislike about this foundation is the fact it doesnt come with a pump. It's really liquidy so it's not difficult to get it out but for the price, i feel like a pump is a must have.

on 12/28/2015 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I discovered this foundation in May 2015 and I am currently on my 4th bottle. I love and live in this foundation. I have a love hate relationship with it because it's so perfect. I never had such a perfect match (Sandalwood). In the beginning I had hard time matching my shade and initially gave up but something told me to just try sandalwood and it was a winner. The color does not oxidize at all. And I can wear this one shade all year long, which is unheard of. It is full coverage. I have heavy acne scars and this builds up beautifully cover them completely. It doesn't break me out at all. This foundation also lives up to its name and keeps my face 75% matte all day. I say 75% because I live in central Florida and even in the middle of the summer my face was for the most part matte all day. No need to set it with a primer. I do spray it with smash box primer water or Mac fix plus and finish up with UD up all nighter setting spray. The price is ok too. Roughly 40$ at dept stores but... CCO stores sell it for 28$. The only gripe is the packaging. They need to include a pump. I go thru it too quickly. Also... I can't apply it with a brush. It just don't work for me. I need to use a wet sponge which I'm not a fan of because sponges are kinda gross. But that's for another review.

on 10/1/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have a mixed skin and this is the best foundation I've ever tried. It looks amazing and when they say it does not transfer for 15 hours, they mean it. If I want a really full coverage I use a normal amount of product and when I want just a light touch I use less and it's perfectly fine.
I've tried this foundation with Matte Perfecting Primer also from Estee Lauder and they work together just perfect.
Does not dry my face, does not make my face oily, I would definitely repurchase but not from Sephora since in Romania they lack a good service.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

i love the finish of this foundation for oily/combo skin this is amazing as it dries to a matte but not dry looking finish and has a great staying power it also photographs quite nicely. HOWEVER, unfortunately my skin doesnt like this foundation it broke me out, could be the new formula but its money wasted for me

on 9/15/2015 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Very nice full coverage and longlasting foundation. I have combination skin and this keeps my face matte for a good 10h before I have to use blotting paper/powder. It gives me full coverage pretty easily and a little goes a long way. Great color selection (not in my country tho but easy to get online) and the price ain't awful either so I don't really have anything bad to say about this! Except it doesn't come w/ a pump but I put a mac pump to it and it works well.

on 8/18/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!!
This is probably the best foundation on the market! I have fair skin and i'm the colour BONE, I have never experienced a foundation give me a more flawless finish and that looks the same from when you put it on until you take it off, which is what Estee Lauder also claims it does.

It has a very flawless and smooth finish but i find that without a powder it doesn't dry very well and it is tacky. But when i pair it with my Mac Studio Fix Powder on top its absolutely amazing.

This product looks good with or without a primer but i find that if i don't use a very good moisturiser underneath that it can go dry.

Overall this foundation is amazing and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous as well, i love glass packaging on a foundation especially for a high end one.
Only downside is that it doesn't have a pump, but I have used my Mac pump for it and it works perfectly, but when you get to the end you need to remove the pump and pour out the product otherwise you will end up wasting foundation.

I have worn this for over a year straight and I don't think i'll ever change my foundation!

Give it a go!!

on 1/22/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So I went to Macy's to get a sample of this foundation; this "holy grail" foundation that everybody seems to be raving about and I just don't get it. Yes, the coverage is "good", you can sheer it out or you can layer for full coverage, but honestly I can't see much of a difference between this and Revlon's Colorstay except with Estee Lauder, less is definately more. If you like to pile on the foundation, don't. Good coverage with less product and since it's almost $40, this is a good thing.

Also, shame on you Estee Lauder for selling this foundation WITHOUT a pump! Boo.

Anyways, after a week of wear, I can't really justify spending that type of $$$ for coverage I can get from a $10 bottle of Revlon.

*UPDATE*

Ya know, I should've waited and took the time to REALLY use this foundation before reviewing because I must admit, this is good stuff. The sample I got lasted over 2 weeks and this is probably one of the few foundations that really is transfer-proof. While Revlon Colorstay has really, really good coverage for a drugstore brand, ELDW I must admit, is WAY better now that I took the time to wear it. Maybe I was just grumpy about the price tag! :) If you're looking to splurge, give this a go.