4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I really liked this retinol cream. It didn't irritate my skin and left my face feeling smooth and nice. I wasnt oily after using it either which was a plus. Strivectin is one of my all time favorite brands in skincare that's been around forever.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

Just finished the generous sample I received in a gift with purchase and I'm already sad. Hate that it's so expensive but I gotta say, it's worth it! Used it every other night and it really made a difference in wrinkles, skin tone and overall plumpness in my 40+ face. Zero irritation which is a perk. My skin just glows with this moisturizer and I love the results it's giving me. I will try to find it at a reduced price as I usually do with my searching and will hoard it once found. I've tried several products from Strivectin and I'm in love with three so far. This line produces effective products.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

I think this is a well formulated, cosmetically elegant product that is versatile in its use and never balls. I can use as serum, moisturiser or mixed with other lotions and potions which I tend to do. The only reason why I would not repurchase but I would recommend to beginner retinol users is that it is weak. It is very gentle, I would say less that 0.5% so won't get any burns from this. Give this a go if this is in your price range but if you are after something more effacious, I would give this a miss. Other retinol creams I like is Green Cream at the 0.9%, Dr Brandt retinol at 2%, the ordinary at 2% & 5%, all of which give quicker and stronger results than this, but may not be as cosmetically elegant. The packaging is a bit cheap, at this price, a pump is a must.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

It did not do any wonder for my skin, infact I felt I was better using Philosophy Night Retinol treatment. My face just appeared more oily in the morning and my skin would break out, the moment I use it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

This is a very effective retinol treatment. The company would not divulge the percentage of retinol but told me because it is paired with NIA 24, it makes the retinol convert 20 times faster. I believe it! My instinct is it is around 0.05 percent but definitely works as well as 1 percent product (eg skinceutical 1 %, but I dislike the high silicone texture) Pair this is 10-12% glycolic acid, your skin will peel like hell but surprising not the painful, inflamed, red type. I just get it around the house mouth but only peeling, not inflamed. That's why I know this is a unique formula and effective. I am aware the packaging is NOT air tight which means use it up as soon as possible. The company says the retinol is NOT encapsulated, so it will gradually degrade.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I was given a bunch of samples which I tried every night for one week. The formula is quite thick yellow in color. It feels very heavy which I suppose adds to it's moisturizing properties but I also found this to feel a bit on the greasy side for my skin. I applied this and about 30 mins later I touched my face and the glow on my hand was ridiculous. This takes a really long time to absorb which makes me wonder how much was soaking into my pillowcase each night because in the morning my skin didn't look shiny at all. All that aside, I think this does a good job plumping up the skin and filling in fine lines because my skin did look very nice each morning after use. It 's not my first choice for a retinol cream but do I think this is worth using? Yes, I think many people would like this product, it's just not my preference in formula.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

pricey but oh so worth it. texture in the skin is no joke and this nighttime moisturizer helped smooth out my skin and bring back the youthfulness it was missing.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I bought this from TKMaxx . I do think it has a positive effect on my skin. I think my skin looks more refined and even. I have quite sensitive skin but have so far not had any reaction or dryness from using it. It hasn't wowed me though so I'll probably try a different product next time.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

4 years ago

I've used prescribed retinol for years and finally took a break because my skin was getting used to it. I just started using retinol products again after 2 years and found this to be a good product to gradually get my skin used to retinol again without the irritating side effects. I like that it has a mix of antiaging ingredients that aren't too strong. Hasn't not caused dryness so far.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This product was expensive but did work fairly well. I don't know the exact retinol percentage but I can say that it was strong enough that I couldn't wear It every night on my face. I did best 2 days on, 1-2 days off, otherwise I would peel and look pretty bad and turn red. I will buy again. Retinol does a great job at exfoliating the face and bringing new surface to the skin which get a lot of the junk out.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29