NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.1

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 10/18/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've used this for about 4 months, hated it as time went on, now I can't stand using it. It is a very powdery messy formula like flour. I was expecting finely milled but okay, AT FIRST my makeup looks nice so that's fine? Wrong! I have combination skin (oily tzone dry cheeks). Within the 30mins between doing my makeup and leaving the house I look in the mirror and see little patches of shine already gathering in specific areas. At this point it looks okay, slightly too dewy in the wrong places, but okay, so I add more of this flour in just those areas. Two hours later and the foundation has already started to give me new wrinkles. It has faded, moved, migrated, transferred everywhere. Ive used this foundation (Nars - luminous weightless foundation) for years now and it works so great normally, but no matter what I do, how many times I touch up, this powder just seems to *break everything down*. The two products don't work together at all, nor does this powder seem to work with my concealers. It causes my foundation/concealer/anything to crease and wrinkle because it's just slipping and sliding around every crevice on my skin. My makeup literally congeals, there will be shiny blobs of makeup in patches on my forehead. The frustrating thing is, I barely put on any foundation there! But I do powder my TZone a lot, and that is exactly where the pooling hits me worst, these are honestly the places I need least coverage, my cheeks however are scarred and freckled with a lot of redness. And because I have dry skin here I use less powder yet the makeup seems to look less ugly here, but patchy nonetheless. To top off this greasy mess, it has also oxidised, so I'm now looking like I've aged, tanned and melted at work. I don't know why this didn't work for me, as it's worked for many others, but I really gave it a long trial and finally give up on it. I tried to save a few bucks, but I'm going back to the MAC prep+prime finishing powder, which is so much finer, and silky, and actually has true holding power for me without changing the colour of my skin. Thumbs down Nyx.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool

Love this product for setting concealer around T-zone. Can't see this working well for dry and/or sallow skin types. MUFE is more finely-milled and would be less drying, would also be better for flash photography/events. Great overall HD powder for oily skin. I use a different powder for the dry areas of my face, or if I'm wearing concealer under eyes.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely hated this powder for not only baking but as a all over loose powder. Ok so the main reason I do not suggest getting this is because when you apply this it changes the color of your foundation darker even though it looks transparent. So if you're planning on using this to set under the eyes it won't lighten it up it will do the opposite. Every time I applied it onto my foundation it suddenly got a shade darker and also orangey looking too. Basically if you're looking to get something to bake and do that lightening up where you apply like I was this is not your shtick. Neither is the mineral one set it don't fret it powder nyx makes that one did the same thing. The only thing I noticed cool about the HD powder is it does kinda blur the area from far away when looking but up close you see it all in the lines built up. BTW This is soo not good for dry skin. It made me get the worst dry patches and it took forever to get rid of them. All in all I had a terrible experience and I definitely don't recommend anyone wasting time/money trying it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this powder is aweful. DO NOT use it if you plan on taking pictures with flash on. it leaves terrible flashback on your face!!

on 5/5/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Maybe they had a formula change? This powder is horrible. Idk what else to say it's just bad, it doesn't blend it's a very heavy white that just sits on your face, the consistency of literal baking soda.

on 4/14/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING! It's better than the MUFE one in my opinion.
I feel this one feels more silky and the price makes this a steal.
I've seen some reviews about how it's an HD powder and how it's horrible for photos, well most people use this incorrectly, it's a FINISHING powder. Not a blotting powder, not a powder foundation etc. (I'll get into that later)

This powder is so silky and makes my face baby soft!
I'm oily and I use powders a lot and I usually have a powdery feeling but with this it just adds a layer over my regular setting powder that feels so smooth and soft.
I'm semi matte with this which is great(it gives this slight natural glow), my makeup is flawless but my face doesn't look powdery or dull

if you use this as a setting powder you WILL get major flashback and it could make you look ghostly in person.
Turn it upside down, tap it. Turn it right side up and tap it again. Only get what's on the lid.
Using a black buffing brush, you shouldn't see or smell the powder and just pat it on or buff it on after everything and it gives that soft focus, nice smooth skin look, helps smooth out any cakiness and no flashback of ghostly look
It's meant to be used as the very last step to smooth everything out and it really makes the skin look AMAZING.
EVEN in flash photography.

on 10/26/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- mattifies
- finely milled
- controls oil
- blurs imperfections
- little goes a long way

Cons

- leaves white cast in flash photography

Comments: HG powder for oily skin! This controls my oil so well and gives such a beautiful, flawless finish. It's so finely milled and a little goes a very long way. A light dusting with your favorite powder brush is all you need. Do not load this on! It also helps to keep my concealer from creasing in my fine lines.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this but it does feel like I'm wasting so much of it because it 'puffs' and so much just goes everywhere. It does help to keep my makeup in place and stop it from separating around my nose though. (It also helps keep my eyebrows in place which sounds weird but I have no eyebrows and have to draw them on completely and really thickly) I'd be open to trying different powder as I don't think it's the most amazing thing in the world but it's definitely decent and good value for money.