Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.2

One of the best products I've used for my hair and skin..After washing my hair, which reaches close to the end of my tailbone, I give my ends, about 3 inches up, 3 squirts of this stuff, and my hair looks healthy and hydrated. I dont need to use this product all over my hair, because my ends are dry and I dont want to cut it..

Also this product is an amazing make-up product remover. I use 2 cotton balls. One for each eye to remove make up. I give each cotten balls 3 squirts of this product and use one cotten ball on each eye area..My make-up is completly gone after 5 swipes on each eye..Plus your eye skin area feels so clean. Lastly, I use one more cotten ball with 3 squirts, and wipe my whole face to get rid of the foundation, powder etc... Then I just watch my face with IVORY soap bar, cleanse and pat dry. Your facial area will thank you.

on 3/4/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This truly is a miracle for my hair.
I ave VERY dry and frizzy hair with lots of natural wave. Until I found this product I was unable to wear my hair down in it's natural state. Friends keep asking me what treatment I had done to my hair and are always surprised when I tell them it's just this $5 bottle of oil.
This has the potential to make your hair look very gross and greasy, so be warned! I have long thick hair and I only use two squirts for my entire head! If you have a more average amount of hair one would probably do it.
When I get out of the shower I quickly towel dry my hair, just enough so that it's not dripping. Then I spritz a little (seriously, just a little. this product does not dry or work in) on my hair and comb it through. Then I let my hair air dry. That's it! Perfect beachy waves with extremely minimal friz every time.

Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil...ahhh, I love it! And unlike most reviewers I love it when used on my hair. That being said I do only like it when used in a certain way, and that is as a finishing oil on the days I straighten my hair. I've used numerous serums and oils after flat ironing to try to help calm flyaways, add shine, and to soften, and while plenty do 2 out of the 3 for me this is the only one that has ever done all 3. For reasons I don't know most oils and serums seem to create flyways for me rather than contributing to a sleek look, but not this! I put 2 sprays in my palm and then rub my hands together as though I were applying a hand lotion. I do this to distribute it evenly and also to let a little sink in as a means of diluting it a bit before applying it to my hair. I then very lightly take my hands and smooth them over the outer layer and under layer of my freshly straightened hair (my hair is mid-back in length and fine). It leaves my hair super shiny, soft, and tames flyways beautifully rather than creating them. When used in this way, and with a light hand, I find that it simply works wonders (well on my hair at least!).

Love this. My hair gets a little greasy at the roots towards the end of the day so I was a little doubtful at first since I thought I'd just get my hair all gross if I used this. BUT it's light and NON-greasy and makes my hair looks soft and shiny and smooth. My hair's always been on the dry side, especially my ends. And for the first time in my life, my hair doesn't look like hay! :D

I have medium-length hair, and 1-2 pumps is enough for all over my hair.

on 6/21/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ooolala.great on dry hair but absolutely divine on tanned skin. I wore this and got compliments out of the blue on how good my legs looked. Gives you that VS glow.
Have already bought 2 back ups.I have Booths Dry Monoi oil and Proclaim Miracle 7 but this one tops both of those.Beats plain oils as it has a lovely light smell too.
A mulititasker you can use on hair, face,oil, figure that 1 product for 3 uses is a steal and travel must.

on 5/31/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this styling oil! I usually use only all natural oils on my hair but I use them before shampooing, and I wasn't pleased with their effect on clean hair, since they make clean hair look oily. So I wanted to try out a dry oil. I got this one because it's cheap and IT IS SO NICE!! I am SOOO pleased with it! I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, so I do need quite a bit. I actually squirted on FOUR pumps on each side of the hair the first time I used it, because I was used to the teentsy tiny pump on The Body Shop's grapeseed oil. I used it on damp hair. I was afraid it would look greasy, on damp hair it made the hair look shiny and oily. But I was so amazed, when it was dry, there was no sign of the oil at all! All I had was shiny, soft, bouncy, silky hair that was a pleasure to touch! The next time I tried just 2 pumps on each side but it wasn't enough, even on wet hair it didn't look like I had put anything on. So now I use 3 pumps on each side. But like I said, that is because I have very thick, coarse, dry, long, curly hair, and I think I could dunk it in a whole bottle of oil and it still wouldn't look greasy! But if you have thin or fine hair, or not a lot of hair, or oily hair, then I would recommend you only use a small amount. I also love the smell, I guess that's just personal taste. It sort of smells like sweet flowers, but the smell doesn't linger.

I've tried so many hair oils and shine treatments and I'm always left disappointed. Most oils leave my hair greasy and make me break out, and shine treatments contain silicone which looks great at first but dries out my hair after weeks of use. This is the first oil I've tried that looks really natural once my hair dries. I think the secret is to put it on just-out-of-the-shower hair and only use a little. Same thing with putting it on your skin, only use the tiniest bit and put on on very damp skin. I haven't tried it on my face yet because I'm so acne prone but I might try it since it hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin so far. I'm not sure of some of the other reviewers got an old bottle since oils can go rancid but mine smells wonderful. In the bottle it smells like citrus but on my hair and skin it smells like tropical candy. I'm really happy I found this product and it was only $5.99! That is so much cheaper than all the other hair oils I've been trying so far.

on 2/19/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been searching everywhere for a great dry oil - and I FINALLY found one with this product! Last year I bought a very expensive bottle of a French brand dry oil while in NYC and after I ran out I have been unable to find anything decent where I live (Chicago). The other day I ran across this product while at Target and noticed it was part of Garnier's new Argan Oil line. I've used other products within the line that are just so-so. But this dry oil is amazing. On the packaging it states that you can use it on your hair, skin and face. I have used it everywhere and it is mild and incredibly moisturizing and doesn't irritate my skin in the least. It is great on my hair; I use it after it is dry and it adds shine and tames frizz without making it oily. The best part of a good dry oil is the ability to get the benefits of an oil without any oily residue because dry oil absorbs quickly and dries (duh lol!) dry. Maybe why they call it DRY oil??! ;) Additionally, I use body oil or baby oil (the cheap thin kind) to shave. I have never ha razor burns or bumps since I started doing this. I've been using this dry oil as a pre AND post shave product and it is wonderful! I'm typically not a huge fan of Garnier products but I would highly recommend this very versatile product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update:
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am having such a hard time finding this in stores, I really hope they didn't discontinue it.

Garnier recently released a few new oil products called Marvelous Oil. The packaging is similar but DO NOT TOUCH THEM. THE INGREDIENT LISTS SUCK. ******ONLY****** go for the Garnier Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. This actually contains quality ingredients. While the new one is...........very subpar. If Garnier did infact discontinue Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil for THAT, I'm going to be pissed and write them off as a brand.
-----------------------

I have used a lot of dry oils on the market. The reason I love them is they properly moisturize my hair without weighing it down with a heavy texture. It'd be awesome if every cosmetics company created one. But, I do have a big issue with the isopropyl alcohol (aka drying rubbing alcohol) I'm seeing in a lot of formulas such as Loreal's.

I've decided that bullet points would be the best way to review this product.
Pros:
-No isopropyl alcohol.
-Not many cheap fillers (common in drugstore lines)
-A lot of the ingredients are natural and proven as beneficial.
-Very moisturizing.
-The price is the best per ounce that I've found.

Cons:
-This is the heaviest "dry oil" I've found. I much prefer the lightweight formulas that Ion or Alterna have.
-A few of the ingredients are very pore-clogging. So if you have acne, I'd be careful of getting this on your pillowcase.

All in all, I like this product but Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist is still my HG. There's a review in my profile for that if you're interested. I probably would repurchase this if I couldn't make it out to Sally Beauty Supply, so I gave it a "yes".

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For the first time in my life, my hair is greasy. Suave's
Moroccan Oil does not do that. Use SPARINGLY.

Popular Styling Products