Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update:
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am having such a hard time finding this in stores, I really hope they didn't discontinue it.

Garnier recently released a few new oil products called Marvelous Oil. The packaging is similar but DO NOT TOUCH THEM. THE INGREDIENT LISTS SUCK. ******ONLY****** go for the Garnier Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. This actually contains quality ingredients. While the new one is...........very subpar. If Garnier did infact discontinue Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil for THAT, I'm going to be pissed and write them off as a brand.
-----------------------

I have used a lot of dry oils on the market. The reason I love them is they properly moisturize my hair without weighing it down with a heavy texture. It'd be awesome if every cosmetics company created one. But, I do have a big issue with the isopropyl alcohol (aka drying rubbing alcohol) I'm seeing in a lot of formulas such as Loreal's.

I've decided that bullet points would be the best way to review this product.
Pros:
-No isopropyl alcohol.
-Not many cheap fillers (common in drugstore lines)
-A lot of the ingredients are natural and proven as beneficial.
-Very moisturizing.
-The price is the best per ounce that I've found.

Cons:
-This is the heaviest "dry oil" I've found. I much prefer the lightweight formulas that Ion or Alterna have.
-A few of the ingredients are very pore-clogging. So if you have acne, I'd be careful of getting this on your pillowcase.

All in all, I like this product but Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist is still my HG. There's a review in my profile for that if you're interested. I probably would repurchase this if I couldn't make it out to Sally Beauty Supply, so I gave it a "yes".

on 3/4/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This truly is a miracle for my hair.
I ave VERY dry and frizzy hair with lots of natural wave. Until I found this product I was unable to wear my hair down in it's natural state. Friends keep asking me what treatment I had done to my hair and are always surprised when I tell them it's just this $5 bottle of oil.
This has the potential to make your hair look very gross and greasy, so be warned! I have long thick hair and I only use two squirts for my entire head! If you have a more average amount of hair one would probably do it.
When I get out of the shower I quickly towel dry my hair, just enough so that it's not dripping. Then I spritz a little (seriously, just a little. this product does not dry or work in) on my hair and comb it through. Then I let my hair air dry. That's it! Perfect beachy waves with extremely minimal friz every time.

on 2/16/2014 5:56:00 PM

don't use this stuff on your hair! makes it look nasty

on 9/23/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this for my hair, but it is great for my legs. I would give this a 4 for my legs, but like a 2 or a 1 for my hair. I will try it again in my hair as the weather gets colder and dryer to see if I get better performance. Hopefully it will be less greasy than when I tried it this summer. If it still looks terrible in my hair I will definitely use it on my legs. It is slightly greasy at first, but less so than oils like coconut oil. It is easy to just spray on your legs and rub in quickly. Has a nice pleasant scent, but it might bother someone who is sensitive to fragrance.

I can see myself buying this again for my legs and skin, but not so much my hair. I will try it again for my hair when the air is dryer and my hair gets frizzy and dried out to see if my opinion changes on this product. I will update if it does. :)

I've tried so many hair oils and shine treatments and I'm always left disappointed. Most oils leave my hair greasy and make me break out, and shine treatments contain silicone which looks great at first but dries out my hair after weeks of use. This is the first oil I've tried that looks really natural once my hair dries. I think the secret is to put it on just-out-of-the-shower hair and only use a little. Same thing with putting it on your skin, only use the tiniest bit and put on on very damp skin. I haven't tried it on my face yet because I'm so acne prone but I might try it since it hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin so far. I'm not sure of some of the other reviewers got an old bottle since oils can go rancid but mine smells wonderful. In the bottle it smells like citrus but on my hair and skin it smells like tropical candy. I'm really happy I found this product and it was only $5.99! That is so much cheaper than all the other hair oils I've been trying so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received this product via bzzagent and was excited to try it. Garnier describes this as a miracle oil that can be used on your hair, body, and face. It contains olive, avocado, and shea oils which are to provide nourishment leaving your skin soft and hair silky. I gave it a go on my hair dry and damp. Both times my hair looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. Grease city. I also tried it on my body and it did absorb pretty quickly but I still felt there was a bit of greasy residue left over. I didn't even think about putting it on my face because I only imagined the horrid breakout it would likely cause. If you have super thick and coarse hair, this might work for you...otherwise don't waste your time.